2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything you say is true but in regards to record Florida had 1 more win than we did. And with Honcho wanting his “brand” to succeed Miami seems like that makes WAY more sense than small Gainesville
I think so but admittedly I am not only biased but I also don’t know what UF is selling him in regards to that brand. We will find out next week if Samson is buying what they are selling. Ultimately the brand thing to me is overrated but that’s just me. The way I see it is kids are getting paid, and how much depends on the kid. If Samson turns into an All American, that is what is gonna fuel his brand not what school he chooses. And that’s why I think he chooses us, because Mario has the best track record out there to get an OT to that top level.

Advertisement
kids heart is in Miami. Bank is in UF. Our deal doesn’t suck at all. Theirs is astronomical. Same thing for Fletcher. If we lose this it’s 100%, about the money. The gap is that big for both of the guys. I expect Cohen in the portal, especially if we miss here.

It is more so if we intended on landing radhada and Samson we should have a ton of NIL left over to use elsewhere if we do not land them. We will see what happens.
Yeah, but we don’t know if it’s already been allocated elsewhere, do we? We have a ton of high level commits and prospects we are chasing. Think about all the new kids that popped on our radar recently.

kids heart is in Miami. Bank is in UF. Our deal doesn’t suck at all. Theirs is astronomical. Same thing for Fletcher. If we lose this it’s 100%, about the money. The gap is that big for both of the guys. I expect Cohen in the portal, especially if we miss here.
Good thing we have 9 million in Rashada money left…

Not an excuse if it’s just money, sorry. Maybe it would be if we didn’t have money, but we do. Who tf else is it being used on at this point? Horton, Cormani’s teammate, Johnson…they’re all fine players, but they’re not getting bags.

Samson needs one. Bump it. Fletcher too.

Advertisement

Tough ****. That’s the game, here are the stats:

UF:
- Billy
- Money
- 6-6

Miami:
- Mario
- Money
- 5-7

Win the battles.

All I can say is when you put a horrible product on the field it becomes very easy to recruit against. That's just what Mario has done this year and there are NO excuses. I have no idea how Conner and Samson will turn it but if we lose them certainly much of the blame falls on Mario's shoulders.
Stop it. UF looked really good against Vandy. 6-6 was such a dope year for Billy.

We’re in the same boat.

Advertisement
That will be handled another day. Right now the goal is to try to get as much talent (players and coaches) before August 2023. That’s the focus.
That's my take instead of moping. We may be on verge of a top 5 class. Let's close.

When Mario sucks as bad as he did on the field, he needs to pay up off the field.

Recruiting is all he has to hang his hat on right now. I get not wanting to overpay, but the optics of losing both Samson and Fletcher to UF are terrible. UF knows this and are willing to overpay to deliver a couple off field wins after a terrible season. Mario needs to do the same.

I can’t wait to see how this kid turns out & all the huge money NIL linemen. Not a position that you can just coast on natural ability at this level & beyond. I think once alot of the o & d linemen get paid NIL they’re gonna stop giving a **** & flame out. Just my opinion.

You are a connected poster and appreciate thee info you bring here but this is the narrative every connected poster representing program x is running with right now. Whenever a program is going up against us their people are saying the same thing. Taint just had a post about this in regards to us and an unnamed prospect. They said the same thing about Wilson and why they are losing him to UGA.

Advertisement

Sounds like rashada part 2.

Stop it. UF looked really good against Vandy. 6-6 was such a dope year for Billy.

We’re in the same boat.
There is no way to know if we are in the “same boat” without knowing the size of the bags and how much is NIL vs. “tax-free contributions.” The latter being a UiF staple for MANY years (don‘t let the arrogance of their fans tell you otherwise).

Advertisement
You are a connected poster and appreciate thee info you bring here but this is the narrative every connected poster representing program x is running with right now. Whenever a program is going up against us their people are saying the same thing. Taint just had a post about this in regards to us and an unnamed prospect. They said the same thing about Wilson and why they are losing him to UGA.
We at least say we’re outbid. The other schools act like we pay and that’s why they lost. Acting like they don’t play the game. Unlike 99% of the collectives we have a legit business behind our NIL. It’s been around for 7 years. The others just magically appeared.

See the big difference ?

Last edited:
Despite the records, Their product on field was much more compelling than ours and they were whiskers away from being 8-9
You’re trolling right?

They beat USF by 3, Utah is an L if they get them any week but the opener, Missouri by 7 and beat an already deflated A&M team missing 24 players. Lol at 8-9 wins, they also could have been 3-9.

Your record is your record.

Let’s see if Mario and Ruiz have a counter punch. Elite, top 5 level recruiting classes on an annual basis was always Mario’s path to long-term success here as this is the one area in which he excels.

Recruiting is why he’s one of the highest-paid coaches in the country. It’s not for his ability to hire a great staff. It’s not for his prehistoric mindset of how he wants his offense to look. It’s not for his QB recruiting. And it dam sure isn’t for his game day coaching.

Winning the battles for players like Okunlola and Inniss is an absolute must given how horribly everything else went in Year 1. Gotta get it done. Hopefully he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back