2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This is not accurate. They did, at one point. Rashada circumvented his representation to strike the deal with UF. Okunlola has another rep involved now.

Bolded part is interesting if true, wow. Sounds like some shady backroom deal went down. Some under-the-table cash mixed in there, if I’m taking a wild guess, and we know how these SEC schools do business

Bolded part is interesting if true, wow. Sounds like some shady backroom deal went down. Some under-the-table cash mixed in there, if I’m taking a wild guess, and we know how these SEC schools do business
Yep or he didn’t want to pay his reps their percentage. Either way, Rashada does not come out looking like a good person in all this. Of course no one will care if he ends up as a stud.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow there’s no way they’ll be able to survive that!

*Minor league baseball coughs in background*

Eh. That ain’t the same really at all bro. Yes, kids just graduating HS get paid as MLB picks, but many of the picks are college players, Juco players already. And there’s only 30 picks per round for every kid in the country, and you only really get crazy bread in the first few rounds.

Now talk about 130 D1 teams taking 25-30 kids every year. Of course not every kid is getting 6 figures or more. Very few are. But I think the amount of money being thrown at HS football players right now is a lot more than HS baseball players. Look at the first round of the draft this year. Probably half HS kids and half college or Juco kids.

Eh. That ain’t the same really at all bro. Yes, kids just graduating HS get paid as MLB picks, but many of the picks are college players, Juco players already. And there’s only 30 picks per round for every kid in the country, and you only really get crazy bread in the first few rounds.

Now talk about 130 D1 teams taking 25-30 kids every year. Of course not every kid is getting 6 figures or more. Very few are. But I think the amount of money being thrown at HS football players right now is a lot more than HS baseball players. Look at the first round of the draft this year. Probably half HS kids and half college or Juco kids.
How about the 16-20 year old international kids that make up 20-25 percent of those organization?

Advertisement
How about the 16-20 year old international kids that make up 20-25 percent of those organization?

25%? Come on. Just saying, I don’t think it’s exactly apples to apples right now. Seems to me that right now, far more football players either still in HS or 1-2 years out are getting a ton more money compared to the amount of baseball players are at the same stages of their lives/careers.

And now compare how many in each situation are living above/below the poverty line?

Not to go full blown socioeconomic here, I don’t think what you’re saying is wrong at all and there are a ton of examples of 18 year olds in baseball getting paid and blowing it/wasting their talent/not being able to handle it, but what’s happening in football right now rightfully has some people’s eyebrows raised. It’ll be interesting to see how all this works out.

Nil is seriously going to ruin some of these kids, imagine having the will to get up at 5AM for extra workouts when your 18-20 years old and got 150K+ sitting in your bank account
You Got It Animation GIF by SWR Kindernetz

Advertisement
Nil is seriously going to ruin some of these kids, imagine having the will to get up at 5AM for extra workouts when your 18-20 years old and got 150K+ sitting in your bank account
That’s why there are a lot of freak athletes that are unemployed.
That’s why the nfl career lasts 3 years.
If you don’t grind your broke.
My daughter is a pretty good gymnast. Not an elite gymnast.
I wake up at 7 to take her to school.
She has gymnastics 4 times a week for 4 hrs.
She’s up at 6 on her own to study so she can go to sleep early after practice.
None of this is forced on her. The 6 am wake up is hers and her idea alone. I never mentioned it to her.

She’s in 5th grade.
If a 17-18 year old that is that close to his dreams can’t wake up cause he has some coin then it’s 100 percent on him.

seriously. this dude wants them to be poor as **** so they work.
I don’t think that’s how Mack meant his statement. I’ll stick up for the guy this time.

I see it all the time in the corporate world. Once some folks get to the top, or at least hit some level of financial comfortability, they stop doing the things they were doing that got them there….and this is done after they have developed the skills that got them there.

In this case, kids are getting money before they have put in the continued work to fully develop their skills.

People are people. So I’d rather be proven wrong. But the general statement I think has some truth. There will be some kids who perhaps will get a little fat and happy with their newfound wealth and lose that eye of the tiger.

I’m not trying to over analyze the statement. It’s about dang time these players get a cut. CFB is big business and lines the pockets of a lot of people. I still suspect most will not let the money deter them from working to reach their goals and being the best version of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back