2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Lol lets be real…NONE of these kids NIL deals will make they more popular while they’re in college. Whether he signs with UF or UM, that pancake brand not taking off until/if he gets to the NFL and become a household name
I mean yea but if Miami takes off and he becomes a star player his brand will explode in this major market, remember Brian "mount" McKinney was Heisman conversation at one time. Plus Miami is international destination given his background there can be plenty more opportunities.

Advertisement
Lol let’s be real…NONE of these kids NIL deals will make they more popular while they’re in college. Whether he signs with UF or UM, that pancake brand not taking off until/if he gets to the NFL and become a household name
Even then, how many offensive linemen are household names and have a brand? Lotta NFL teams are going to duct him points for trying to be a business man.

Lol lets be real…NONE of these kids NIL deals will make they more popular while they’re in college. Whether he signs with UF or UM, that pancake brand not taking off until/if he gets to the NFL and become a household name
I can see it catching on if he’s good at either school tbh NIL is new but he seems very committed to making money off of it

I will say this. It’s very impressive to see a kid 17-18 years old creating a brand for himself and leveraging his recruitment to enhance said brand. Kudos to him!
very smart, kid earning more than most here would in several years just based on which college wants him the most

especially with future injury concerns (you never know) or just the small % of kids actually making it to the league, he's doing a great job of setting himelf up for success

which is why I think getting him is not that important

Samson screams a kid who will hit the portal after his first good year (1 or 2) in order to get another bag which I wouldn't blame him 1 bit for. Just knows how to play the game and doubt he'll provide the long term depth or productivity that we all hope and are searching for

Advertisement

- Says he hasn't received any intel that would have him move his CB off of Miami for Okunlola.
- Acknowledged his CB to UF for Fletcher but says Miami is still in it and definitely not counting them out with the upcoming visit.

I know, all things we already know and have said, just sharing.

very smart, kid earning more than most here would in several years just based on which college wants him the most

especially with future injury concerns (you never know) or just the small % of kids actually making it to the league, he's doing a great job of setting himelf up for success

which is why I think getting him is not that important

Samson screams a kid who will hit the portal after his first good year (1 or 2) in order to get another bag which I wouldn't blame him 1 bit for. Just knows how to play the game and doubt he'll provide the long term depth or productivity that we all hope and are searching for
The way the NIL deals are being structured from all I have read is ANNUAL installments ... and even those are paid monthly I believe. In Rashada's case is was stated that he was getting (very overpaid) $2.5 million per year for 4 years guaranteed from the Gators. Even if he goes pro after 3 seasons. Samson isn't going to receive "a bag" ... there will be an agreed on total package and it will be paid out based on an annual amount, generally paid monthly.

- Says he hasn't received any intel that would have him move his CB off of Miami for Okunlola.
- Acknowledged his CB to UF for Fletcher but says Miami is still in it and definitely not counting them out with the upcoming visit.

Say what you want about the guy, but he is right more often than not. He is a good source to counter to our insiders as he usually has a good pulse on the national scene and other school's sources.

Advertisement
Let's be real, other than a marketing campaign and deal with

Both of those notes are huge for us. This means he talked to Okunlola's camp and UF reps and didn't get anything conclusive at least to say they took the lead or he silently committed. Then, on Fletcher sounds like if he OV's here, we are in a great spot. Mario needs to close both here. Obviously Okunlola is top priority.

The way the NIL deals are being structured from all I have read is ANNUAL installments ... and even those are paid monthly I believe. In Rashada's case is was stated that he was getting (very overpaid) $2.5 million per year for 4 years guaranteed from the Gators. Even if he goes pro after 3 seasons. Samson isn't going to receive "a bag" ... there will be an agreed on total package and it will be paid out based on an annual amount, generally paid monthly.
I understand but if he proves to be a 5 star worthy talent then I imagine he’d command more in the portal than he did as a HS recruit but that’s stuff we just won’t ever know the truth about as some of the NIL numbers are just wildly thrown around

Advertisement

Deal terminates once no longer a member of NCAA team. That’s standard across all of these deals. And, yes, kids are still receiving “bags” — in various forms — under the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back