Same question as last week.....Defense

Advertisement
So, does the defense get a pass this week? Every time we show a little bit of life on offense the defense gives up a
big play or a long time-consuming drive.

Yes, the offense sucks but the defense isn't any better.

GO CANES!!!!
One could say “the offense is so bad, the defense will eventually quit”.

There’s some truth to that, but even the most basic misdirection plays still give us problems. Steele isn’t #1 on my chopping block, but I wouldn’t be surprised or shocked if he’s let go.

InconsequentialLikableKarakul-max-1mb.gif

Advertisement
Personnel matters a lot on defense. We put them in bad situations offensively with constant short fields and quick changes. They are also at a unit IQ of tap water. The alignments are weird and don’t make sense to who we are playing. Match cover 3 or off man with against guys that can’t really throw? Only leaving 3 people to side of obvious counter run teams? Rushing 3-tech wides with spies that aren’t athletic enough to fill on QB run? **** is puzzling. I think our defense can be improved just through talent acquisition and a better offense BUT I wouldn’t mind a new scheme and design. And please teach these kids how to break down and tackle

So, does the defense get a pass this week? Every time we show a little bit of life on offense the defense gives up a
big play or a long time-consuming drive.

Yes, the offense sucks but the defense isn't any better.

GO CANES!!!!
Make Steele an analyst (we need more of those, not!) and turn D over to Strong.

Advertisement
It’s harder to make an assessment of Steele than Gattis. The number of big plays given up is maddening. But at the same time for example, Pitt’s first and third TD drives were 30 and 19 yards respectively.

I think we can all agree that there likely isn’t a DC out there that would have looked competent with this group/offense. I personally think MC gives Steele a pass because as someone else noted here, replacing both OC and DC is quite a burden.

It’s harder to make an assessment of Steele than Gattis. The number of big plays given up is maddening. But at the same time for example, Pitt’s first and third TD drives were 30 and 19 yards respectively.

I think we can all agree that there likely isn’t a DC out there that would have looked competent with this group/offense. I personally think MC gives Steele a pass because as someone else noted here, replacing both OC and DC is quite a burden.

Screenshot_20221127-082524.png
Screenshot_20221127-082620.png
Screenshot_20221127-082658.png
Screenshot_20221127-082733.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Whats insane to me is that Ragone is on the field. why not give Chase Smith a chance at least

Chase Smith had surgery over a month ago and has been out for the season since.

We had 4 healthy LBs available last night, that is why Ragone got burn.

Flagg was out, and Smith/Steed have both been out for the season due to injury.

Wesley, Keontra, Caleb were all we had along with Rudy Ragone.

Chase Smith had surgery over a month ago and has been out for the season since.

We had 4 healthy LBs available last night, that is why Ragone got burn.

Flagg was out, and Smith/Steed have both been out for the season due to injury.

Wesley, Keontra, Caleb were all we had along with Rudy Ragone.
thanks for the info. i missed that bit of news

Advertisement
Back