Sam Shields cut by the packers

Welp.. their goes one of our last 5 remaining good players in the NFL. (Others: Graham, Olsen, Miller, Perryman)

Wow...not very smart...Campbell, Dorsett, Gore, Hurns, Vernon, Walford and Franklin are all pretty good.

I'll give you Vernon and Campbell.. I meant along the lines of being possible PB players.. Dorsett and Walford haven't proven anything..(At this point.. Dorsett is a bust based on where he was drafted) Gore is a 33 year old RB.. but If the Colts new GM decide to let him go.. his NFL career is finish. Campbell is 30. Hurns had 1 good season.. He played 11 games this year and had only 33 catches.. Orlando Franklin started on the WORST offensive line in football..

Campbell had probably the best season of his career last year. Easily one of the best 5 ProCanes.
Ladarius Gunter had a very solid year as the Packers best corner.
Matt Bosher is one of the better punters in the NFL.
Artie Burns and Deon Bush are showing great promise.
Brandon Linder is a very good young guard.
And while Travis Banjamin isn't a WR1, he is still good.

Advertisement
Duke needs to GTFO of Cleveland, and he can be something as a RB/Slot hybrid.

33M and he wants to scramble his brain even more? smh ... Retire at 29 and live a long and mentally healthy life, Sam!

This kid needs to retire. He did really well in the pros after being poorly coached in college. Shame this happened but he shouldn't play again.

Advertisement
Green Bay had a terrible pass defense and Damarious Randall looked like **** especially in the playoffs. Shields was a good cover corner, if they just straight up released him then there must be a lot of doubt if he will even play again not to mention at the same level. Feel bad for him.

Maybe Vikings take a look at him.

Advertisement
Concussion issue sucks but he had a good run. Remember watching him in the FHSAA championship. Best of luck to the young man.

When did Booker HS ever make it to the Championship game? The year before his senior year, 2003, they were loaded and got knocked out in the final 4 i believe. However he wasn't the name or even top 3-4 names on that team. 2004 they were not good.

FYI-A native of Sarasota, Florida, Shields attended Booker High School, where he played football, baseball and ran track. In football, he played wide receiver. During his senior year, Shields had 67 receptions for 1,201 yards and 22 touchdowns. His performance helped his team make it to the Class 3A Championship game.[1] Shields was ranked the 17th best wide receiver coming out of high school by Rivals.com.[2] He received athletic scholarship offers from the University of Miami, Louisville, Louisiana State and Pittsburgh.[3]

I've lived in SRQ most of my life and didn't know they went to the dance in 05. Color me shocked. I know they were a BEAST team in 03. Dude named Terrance Jones was like Reggie Bush, but for real. Don't think the kid went anywhere.

Those concussions will be the death knell of football in all likelihood as we know it (the game has already changed significantly and the likes of Taylor, Lott, etc would've had to change their style of play) sometime in our lifetime.

Good run Shields and way to make a late position switch pay off.

Advertisement
I'll never forget he dropped that pass on the potential game winning drive against FSU in the OB.

Concussion issue sucks but he had a good run. Remember watching him in the FHSAA championship. Best of luck to the young man.

When did Booker HS ever make it to the Championship game? The year before his senior year, 2003, they were loaded and got knocked out in the final 4 i believe. However he wasn't the name or even top 3-4 names on that team. 2004 they were not good.

FYI-A native of Sarasota, Florida, Shields attended Booker High School, where he played football, baseball and ran track. In football, he played wide receiver. During his senior year, Shields had 67 receptions for 1,201 yards and 22 touchdowns. His performance helped his team make it to the Class 3A Championship game.[1] Shields was ranked the 17th best wide receiver coming out of high school by Rivals.com.[2] He received athletic scholarship offers from the University of Miami, Louisville, Louisiana State and Pittsburgh.[3]

I've lived in SRQ most of my life and didn't know they went to the dance in 05. Color me shocked. I know they were a BEAST team in 03. Dude named Terrance Jones was like Reggie Bush, but for real. Don't think the kid went anywhere.

that was the Baraka Atkins group

that was the Baraka Atkins group

I think BA graduated the year before and was at Miami that '03 year, but his brother Dumaka (Signed with tally group up North) was a senior that year, also Chris Zellner who i believe played for us was on that team with Dumaka and Terrance Jones However BA played with and grew up with all of them. I See him, BA that is, at the gym working out in Canes gear.

Advertisement
I really hope this kid had someone help him and put his money in proper investments and lived off of an allowance.

To think this kid almost nothing here. Such a great athlete and was held back so badly.

Advertisement
Back