Sam Howell 2nd in-home visit scheduled for tomorrow

Thought you meant recently. Yes, Blackman started as a true freshman and was generally uninspiring. That's why he lost his job this year to a kid who is absolutely terrible. They have zero in that room scaring anyone away, trust me. Howell's decision is not being affected in the least bit by any kind of apprehension with competing at FSU.

I do agree that he's going to UNC, however. But a visit to Miami at least puts them in the game. No visit = no chance.

Agreed, I feel like we’re arguing semantics, I can’t imagine Perry’s production this year is scaring anyone off either.

But yeah without a visit it’s a moot point, we’re on the same page, moving on lol

Advertisement
Agreed, I feel like we’re arguing semantics, I can’t imagine Perry’s production this year is scaring anyone off either.

But yeah without a visit it’s a moot point, we’re on the same page, moving on lol

Well at least there's 3 scholarship QBs here (for now). There's only 1 there. That's all I meant by the numbers side. Agree with you though, I don't think any hot shot QB is looking at Miami's room and saying, "Oh my God, I'll never play there"

IMO just if it's a path of least resistance discussion, FSU is the pick over Miami.

im sure i will get criminalized for this, but i know someone very close to this recruitment.. He is for leaving FSU as the OC was his boy and what was keeping him committed.. He is favoring UNC HEAVY right now, they are giving him the option to play baseball and football. Also said that anything can happen and they are definitely going to listen to what Richt has to say.

UNC makes a lot of sense for Howell given he'd probably be the best QB on their roster Day 1. If he came to Miami, he's probably not getting on the field for at least 2, maybe 3 years. Would be great to get him just to have a capable body on the roster, but I'm not holding out hope here.
On what asre you basing that on? I can argue he can come and pray right away and be just as right as you are. Our. QBs havent proven anything.

Advertisement
On what asre you basing that on? I can argue he can come and pray right away and be just as right as you are. Our. QBs havent proven anything.

Basing it on Richt's actions. He's going to give his already-on-the-roster QBs every chance to be the guy and unless (if he even comes to us) Howell comes in and lights it up, typically not the case, I find it hard to believe CMR would roll him out there Game 1 against an SEC defense, which then puts him into consideration for a redshirt. And before people get riled up, I fall into the camp that believes the redshirt rule in most cases is dumb and if a guy is that good, he won't be here in year 4 or 5, but Richt still believes in it and his opinion is the one that currently matters in as far as how he will employ it.

Look, I get there are the Trevor Lawrence and Tua Tagovailoa (and others) examples out there that give people the impression true freshmen can come in and be game changing QBs right away, but they are still the exceptions and look at the teams around them. We need an upgrade in QB play, we all agree, but it's doubtful, outside of injury, that any true freshman in 2019 would be that guy for us.

Willie meeting with him today with David Kelly.

Meeting was supposed to be tomorrow, they moved it up a day.

We shall see. Again, only thing to note here is whether or not he shuts his recruitment down and/or whether or not he takes an OV to Miami next weekend. No visit, no chance.

Advertisement
Basing it on Richt's actions. He's going to give his already-on-the-roster QBs every chance to be the guy and unless (if he even comes to us) Howell comes in and lights it up, typically not the case, I find it hard to believe CMR would roll him out there Game 1 against an SEC defense, which then puts him into consideration for a redshirt. And before people get riled up, I fall into the camp that believes the redshirt rule in most cases is dumb and if a guy is that good, he won't be here in year 4 or 5, but Richt still believes in it and his opinion is the one that currently matters in as far as how he will employ it.

Look, I get there are the Trevor Lawrence and Tua Tagovailoa (and others) examples out there that give people the impression true freshmen can come in and be game changing QBs right away, but they are still the exceptions and look at the teams around them. We need an upgrade in QB play, we all agree, but it's doubtful, outside of injury, that any true freshman in 2019 would be that guy for us.

Both those dudes rode the backs of seasoned starters before they took over. Tua essentially redshirted last season before coming in and winning the **** thing. I fully expect Jarren to win the starting job because he has more talent and by many accounts a better work-ethic.

Advertisement
Both those dudes rode the backs of seasoned starters before they took over. Tua essentially redshirted last season before coming in and winning the **** thing. I fully expect Jarren to win the starting job because he has more talent and by many accounts a better work-ethic.

Tua played in 8 games as a freshman and threw 11 TDs, so no, he didn't "essentially redshirt." He also took the majority of first team reps leading up to the Sugar Bowl because Hurts was dealing with an injury. That's why he was ready to play when Saban went to him in the title game.

Tua played in 8 games as a freshman and threw 11 TDs, so no, he didn't "essentially redshirt." He also took the majority of first team reps leading up to the Sugar Bowl because Hurts was dealing with an injury. That's why he was ready to play when Saban went to him in the title game.

I don't know how many minutes he played but the fact still remains he didn't start as a true fresher, and I agree it's a difficult learning curve..

Last edited:
Advertisement
As usual, more crying. If the staff meets with the kid, they’re ******** because we all know he’s going to FSU or UNC.

If they don’t meet with him, they’re ******** because why the **** didn’t you meet with Sam Howell?

There’s a lot to be critical of right now, but try, just for a minute, to be a rational and educated human being.

This

UNC makes a lot of sense for Howell given he'd probably be the best QB on their roster Day 1. If he came to Miami, he's probably not getting on the field for at least 2, maybe 3 years. Would be great to get him just to have a capable body on the roster, but I'm not holding out hope here.

He’s gonna have a hard time unseating Cade at UNC. Granted having a new coach means they both learn new systems, but Cade isn’t gonna hand him the job

Let me get this straight. He is having second thoughts about fspoo because they lost their offensive coordinator? So.. offensive system and play calling must mean something to him. I'd love to know what Richt told him about his system. Actually, Jon did an in home visit by himself. I wonder what Jon told him about the offense without backup around.

Advertisement
Back