Sam Bruce Tweets Graphic With Him In An Ohio State Jersey

I know Bruce did not receive an offer from Georgia when Richt was there. A lot of people losing sleep for a 5'8 receiver that average 32 yards per game his senior year at the high school level.

I remember the last time an elite prospect was clowned for being short. We don't need him, he's too short. Lamarcus Joyner, consensus All-American, National champion, Thorpe finalist, and NFL player. All despite being 5'8. Go figure.

Those people were idiots then. If you saw Joyner play, you knew he was legit and a playmaker. Bruce has that type of ability, and if he works hard and is in the right system he can succeed at the highest level too.

The difference is, we have backup plans. Good ones, at that. Bruce was playing Golden for a long time, Richt isn't allowing that but still recruiting him. You can't ask for more in such a short period for Richt.

Advertisement
We create the worst case in our own minds..Shaq has graphics in a Bama Uni..a Auburn uni and a graphic collage that ends up being a poster of him in a Gator uni..Bruce in the graphic doesn't bother me...asking for it on twitter now thats something different. It will all come out in the wash on NSD.. On that day if he is a cane all well and good if not..we will be fine

Didn't Isaac Nauta post a picture of himself in a canes uniform around the time of his unofficial visit?

nope. I think he only threw up the U sing with CMR but no uniform

Yes, he did. It was a Miami uniform turned to the back showing his name.

I know Bruce did not receive an offer from Georgia when Richt was there. A lot of people losing sleep for a 5'8 receiver that average 32 yards per game his senior year at the high school level.

I remember the last time an elite prospect was clowned for being short. We don't need him, he's too short. Lamarcus Joyner, consensus All-American, National champion, Thorpe finalist, and NFL player. All despite being 5'8. Go figure.

Wow! LOL. I love it. This guy knows what the ***** he is talking about. Because I **** sure was one of those people. Never thought he would be as good as he turned out at 5'8. WR maybe..But not at S.

All that said, people who say we dont need this kid clearly have never seen him play.

Wims is basically off the board.

I am not a fan of Harmon.

I like R Davis but not as an immediate impact kid.

L Williams can help on ST but is he ready to contribute in the two deep come first day of Fall Ball?

Richards is obviously a stud but hes got two more visits to go. Anything can happen.

Mullins scares me because I havent heard one person say that he is 110% in. Buddy sat an entire year of ball out just to get his grades straight and he is still in limbo? I dont know if I even want him here if he cant get straight by now. He will always have academic issues.

Mullins camp says his grades are good now...no reason for them to publicly lie about it...Also I'm pretty sure Jorge Baez could easily find out if he will make it or not.

Hey, love the family's confidence, but their interpretation or thoughts don't carry weight with NCAA eligibility folks or the Miami admission's office. Nor is Baez the final word on academics. Terrific talent at a position of need, but won't be confident - like some of these other kids - until he shows up for the first day of class. His uncertainty, along that surrounding with Bruce and Richards, is why the staff continues to heavily chase receivers.

Bruce's stats senior year
Total Receiving Yards 427
Average Receiving Yards 9.3
Catches 46
Receiving Yards Per Game 32.8
Receiving TDs 4

Really? LMAO. Is this real life? Are you really throwing the mans stats out there like he doesnt play alongside 4-5 other D1 prospects at WR and TE?? Including Trevon Grimes who will probably be a 5* once the dust settles next year?

Teams game planned against this kid to make sure they stopped him and forced the other WRs to beat him. Which is why DHopkins and the other SR WR (name escapes me) both have D1 offers and I believe Hopkins is committed to Illinois.

After the Dillard jamboree where he sliced and diced that secondary, teams had seen enough. They were not going to let him beat them.

This is crazy that we have to actually convince some of these posters that Bruce is the real deal. At this point, let the man go to OSU. And we will just sit back and hope that BBerrios is 100% healthy and ready to become the next "Wes Welker" as many on here said he would become.

Please tell me this dude isn't making the dopey argument that Bruce's production sucked in HS because there were so many other good players on his team.

Do you think there might be some pretty good WRs and TEs at whatever marquee P5 program he might wind up at? Ohio Taint will likely have players at least as good as the ones at STA.

Catches 46
Receiving TDs 4

Really? LMAO. Is this real life? Are you really throwing the mans stats out there like he doesnt play alongside 4-5 other D1 prospects at WR and TE?? Including Trevon Grimes who will probably be a 5* once the dust settles next year?

Teams game planned against this kid to make sure they stopped him and forced the other WRs to beat him. Which is why DHopkins and the other SR WR (name escapes me) both have D1 offers and I believe Hopkins is committed to Illinois.

After the Dillard jamboree where he sliced and diced that secondary, teams had seen enough. They were not going to let him beat them.

This is crazy that we have to actually convince some of these posters that Bruce is the real deal. At this point, let the man go to OSU. And we will just sit back and hope that BBerrios is 100% healthy and ready to become the next "Wes Welker" as many on here said he would become.

Please tell me this dude isn't making the dopey argument that Bruce's production sucked in HS because there were so many other good players on his team.

Do you think there might be some pretty good WRs and TEs at whatever marquee P5 program he might wind up at? Ohio Taint will likely have players at least as good as the ones at STA.

sta has 3 div 1 rb on roster....and currently 3-4 div 1 wrs, and a div 1 TE..... they spread the wealth around with the ball on offense. His numbers wouldnt be gaudy as he isnt the only offensive threat..and quite frankly they blew people out he didnt play in much games, he was gameplanned against

Advertisement
Catches 46
Receiving TDs 4

sta has 3 div 1 rb on roster....and currently 3-4 div 1 wrs, and a div 1 TE..... they spread the wealth around with the ball on offense. His numbers wouldnt be gaudy as he isnt the only offensive threat..and quite frankly they blew people out he didnt play in much games, he was gameplanned against

Do you think Ohio State has some good players like STA?

I want the kid, but Arkansas lost K.J. Hill on signing day to OSU. They went on to have the second best offense in the SEC this season. He is an important recruit, but less pipe down about how big of a loss it would be.

Total Receiving Yards427
Average Receiving Yards9.3
Catches46
Receiving Yards Per Game32.8
Receiving TDs 4

His stats will never be gaudy here either to be honest, but that's not the point either...to be honest

Those people were idiots then. If you saw Joyner play, you knew he was legit and a playmaker. Bruce has that type of ability, and if he works hard and is in the right system he can succeed at the highest level too.

The difference is, we have backup plans. Good ones, at that. Bruce was playing Golden for a long time, Richt isn't allowing that but still recruiting him. You can't ask for more in such a short period for Richt.

Problem is that we have some cats that think Bruce is some sort of Messiah. Seriously, the way some of these fools talk about him, they think he's going to revolutionize college football or some ******* like that. smdh.

The Midget from Aquinas is probably going to be an outstanding slot receiver somewhere. And everyone would welcome him on Miami. But what some of less inclined to suck him off believe is that Miami's future doesn't hinge on this kid. Good luck telling that to his grown men groupies though.

Advertisement
I hope we get Bruce because some of the moves he makes in his highlights are really unique. He did some human joystick things that just look different the way Hester/Dante Hall used to. That said, it's not like those guys were Heisman candidates or MVPs on championship teams. He's not a bell cow RB like Derrick Henry or top 5 pick in the NFL draft like Watkins or Cooper. Would suck to lose him because he'd be a great weapon in the return game and probably on some gadget plays, but by no means a disaster. Kind of like when Kermit Whitfield flipped to FSU. It sucked, but truth be told losing the battles for Rudolph, Rashad Greene, PJ Williams, and even Northrup was worse.

Richt knows he needs to lock down 4-6 WR's in this cycle. He's halfway there with Latrell Williams and Mullins who both look real good. Richards, Davis, Cephus seem like top priorities and there are a few other fallback options if they (or Bruce) don't end up here. I don't think Richt is going to strike out so ultimately we will be just fine however the chips fall. Getting Richards locked down and Mullins admitted and on campus are by far the 2 most important things the staff needs to get done this cycle at the WR position and neither has anything to do with Bruce.

Problem is that we have some cats that think Bruce is some sort of Messiah. Seriously, the way some of these fools talk about him, they think he's going to revolutionize college football or some ******* like that. smdh.

The Midget from Aquinas is probably going to be an outstanding slot receiver somewhere. And everyone would welcome him on Miami. But what some of less inclined to suck him off believe is that Miami's future doesn't hinge on this kid. Good luck telling that to his grown men groupies though.

I don't think people here believe that Bruce is some sort of Messiah. I think people simply like shiny toys and to be completely transparent, people didn't even view Bruce as a shiny toy until his commitment seemed to be up in the air. Impact wise, he was never on the level of a McCloud or a Byrd, but the name rings a bell, and he's been talked about in these parts since he was in the 8th grade.

People know what he is. I don't think there's anybody saying he's De'Anthony Thomas or Percy Harvin. He's a slot receiver and he should be an explosive returner. Those things, however, have value though they are minimized by those who don't enjoy the way he has handled his recruitment thus far.

If he was locked in, he wouldn't even move the needle around here. People would be happy to have him, but he wouldn't cause the firestorm that is being caused now because of his wavering.

You just gotta see for what it really is. A really good south florida player, whose recruitment is being hotly contested, which allows for the kid to bask in the glow. Par for the course this time of year.

I hope we get Bruce because some of the moves he makes in his highlights are really unique. He did some human joystick things that just look different the way Hester/Dante Hall used to. That said, it's not like those guys were Heisman candidates or MVPs on championship teams.

He human joysticked his way to a whopping 9 yards per catch. I guess that's why they call them highlights. I got sucked in too.

We create the worst case in our own minds..Shaq has graphics in a Bama Uni..a Auburn uni and a graphic collage that ends up being a poster of him in a Gator uni..Bruce in the graphic doesn't bother me...asking for it on twitter now thats something different. It will all come out in the wash on NSD.. On that day if he is a cane all well and good if not..we will be fine

Didn't Isaac Nauta post a picture of himself in a canes uniform around the time of his unofficial visit?

Yea but the difference is Nauta wasn't committed to anyone. Its a little different when you've been committed to a school for over a year, pop off with comments about how you committed to the school not a coach, and then turn around and post stuff like that.

I think Michael Irvin Sr. needs a little personal in home visit with Mr. Bruce to be honest.

Advertisement
I'm not sure why people get so sensitive when you start putting the facts out there. The team had D1 talent receivers and TEs (D1 college programs are gonna have D3 players... Ridiculous). If he comes good, if does not.... Move on. Instead of being a lead recruiter for us, he is playing games. He deserves to play for Urban Lier or ask 5 star Torrance Gibson out of American Heritage how that worked out for him. Told him he was going to play quarterback and after the first practice he was switch to receiver.
Good luck Bruce!
[MENTION=3951]Coach[/MENTION]rumph16
One of my former players reached out to me and said now that I'm a college coach tell these kids the truth.
10:52am - 21 Jan 16

I'm sure most of the people ****ting on him due to stats were hosting circle jerks for Jack Allison despite his Trent Dilfer type senior numbers.

I'm not sure why people get so sensitive when you start putting the facts out there. The team had D1 talent receivers and TEs (D1 college programs are gonna have D3 players... Ridiculous). If he comes good, if does not.... Move on. Instead of being a lead recruiter for us, he is playing games. He deserves to play for Urban Lier or ask 5 star Torrance Gibson out of American Heritage how that worked out for him. Told him he was going to play quarterback and after the first practice he was switch to receiver.
Good luck Bruce!
[MENTION=3951]Coach[/MENTION]rumph16
One of my former players reached out to me and said now that I'm a college coach tell these kids the truth.
10:52am - 21 Jan 16

this

gibson was probably just telling rumph not to be like meyer

Advertisement
It would suck to lose him because he's a So Fla guy who's been a lifelong hurricane. I'm tired of these high profile "true canes" leaving to other programs. We all would've thrown a fit if Duke Johnson went to Oregon (he visited Oregon for those who forget).

If you aren't tired of star players leaving then area then don't know what to tell you. I'm glad this coaching staff understands that the fence needs to be put up.

And spare me the, "you can't get em all" line. You better get the studs who WANT TO BE CANES.

I'm sure most of the people ****ting on him due to stats were hosting circle jerks for Jack Allison despite his Trent Dilfer type senior numbers.

Actually people questioned Allison's numbers too. I think we were reassured that Coley knows quarterbacks, Kaaya will be the top pick in the 2018 draft and something about his offense and talent around him. May have been followed with an All Hail SFL recruits, but I can't really remember.

Prediction on the # of pages on Bruce on signing day?

Catches 46
Receiving TDs 4

Dont argue with this cat, PropJoe...Let he and his loyal followers go back to making corny pictures with Bruces head on images of Emmanuel Lewis's body but probably havent seen this kid ball once at all in person. They come to the recruiting board when they get bored because the Football board is dead. They only are seen around this time of year and lend no real knowledge to the board.

Chise, if you really are comparing a juggernaut HS teams production of its offensive players to a juggernaut college teams you havent been to a HS game in about 20 years.

Jerry Jeudy, who will be a 4* WR next year and has offers from everyone including BAMA played on the same team as Calvin Ridley and Shawn Burgess Becker before he transferred to Deerfield Beach. His numbers were very pedestrian yet Saban is beating this cats door down. His numbers were pedestrian this year as well, he played along side Cavin Ridley at Deerfield yet everyone has offered him..EVERYONE... In fact he had 38 catches for 300 yard and 7 TDs to be exact.

Manny Greene had pedestrian stats at IMG this year yet he will be one of the most sought after WRs in the state next year. He played alongside Benjamin Victor is sophomore year as well.

We will be after both of these kids HARD. So just prepare yourself to clown them too when you see their stats.

Angry Ibis said:
Prediction on the # of pages on Bruce on signing day?

If he surprises everyone and ends up signing here? 5

If he flips to OSU, UF, or any other school on NSD? 25

If he flips AND Ahmmon Richards also heads elsewhere? 50+

Advertisement
Back