Safety play

vlcane

Redshirt Freshman
Why did we keep our safeties deep all night, Abdullah was their only option.

There has to be answer.......

Advertisement
And these guys looked up to Sean Taylor? He's rolling over in his grave right now at the way we're playing this position.

I have no word, just disgusted at what we've become

Advertisement
i saw Deon, and Crawford come down several times. Both got abuse by their Oline.

They were sometimes rolling down late and having one of the Safeties drop deep into the middle third. Given the fact they were simply running 8 on 6 all night, it was an absurd concept that smacked of genuine fear.

Our defense backs as a whole are complete joke.

Don't play the ball in the air. Rarely ever make a physical tackle.

Can't stop simple screen plays.

Advertisement
Nebraska last 40 plays was 37 rushes and 3 passes but we played base D all night

Nebraska 53 rushes 52 resulted in positive yards the other play was a fumbled handoff

We should have went 4-3 and bring yhe safety down... they would have to beat me with their passing game... thos was so disappointing to watch... I actually like golden but he has to go...

Advertisement
Only time safeties came down was on blitzes. And that wasn't a lot. . We needed a S in the box all night

Advertisement
The secondary has been the biggest disappointment so far. Especially the safety play. I get ****ed when I see Fentress but the more the season goes on I cant really blame them for trying someone else. Maybe it's the scheme but their not making any plays and when they come up their missing a ton of tackles. Jamal Carter with all his hype has been huge disappointment so far. A miss tackle machine. Dalllas Crawford made a ton of plays in camp. Zero impact plays so far.

The secondary has been the biggest disappointment so far. Especially the safety play. I get ****ed when I see Fentress but the more the season goes on I cant really blame them for trying someone else. Maybe it's the scheme but their not making any plays and when they come up their missing a ton of tackles. Jamal Carter with all his hype has been huge disappointment so far. A miss tackle machine. Dalllas Crawford made a ton of plays in camp. Zero impact plays so far.

I'd personally hate to play Safety in this system. They're asked to do so much and in clean up tough situations. Crazy angles. Crazy leverage from the offense. Basically, the best they can hope for is a pass to sail and fall to them. The worst? Waves of RBs and QBs flying downhill and ready to cutback.

We don't disrupt the offensive line almost at all. Our LBs are playing uphill. Our Safeties essentially are asked to catch whatever snowball has passed our LBs (the ones not out in no man's land over the slot WR).

We had the color commentator asking on national tv what the **** our safeties were doing standing 15 yards back and then running to the opposite side of where the ball was going.

I'd personally hate to play Safety in this system. They're asked to do so much and in clean up tough situations. Crazy angles. Crazy leverage from the offense. Basically, the best they can hope for is a pass to sail and fall to them. The worst? Waves of RBs and QBs flying downhill and ready to cutback.

We don't disrupt the offensive line almost at all. Our LBs are playing uphill. Our Safeties essentially are asked to catch whatever snowball has passed our LBs (the ones not out in no man's land over the slot WR).

Can I just +1 every thing Lu says?

Like I've said. We ask our players to do the impossible. Anyone who bashes a players output isn't seeing the bigger picture.

We have a stable of beasts and ask them to sit back and react. No attacking. No disrupting the offense. Mo nothing.

Advertisement
Back