Saban has retired.

what makes you think Mario wants any part of Oregon or any other coaching opportunity?

I’m going to answer this then leave it alone cause I don’t do back and forths …..I NEVER once said anything about Mario wanting to go back to Oregon….ANYWHERE….so you might want to work on your reading comprehension skills…..and if you don’t think that Dan Lanning is a MUCH better coach than Mario is then I don’t know what to say to you…..

You have a Very Blessed Day young man/or woman and I’ll leave you to your studying.

Advertisement
You know **** well that Saban will have a say on who his replacement will be.

With that said, you can rule out Kiffin and Sarkesan. IMO

HE WAS A CHEATER. He had an unfair advantage for all these years in the SEC. Get off your knees. Stop blowing the guy. He’s in Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa category for me. Did great things with an unfair advantage
exactly, everybody talking about the guy who retired because he can't buy all the great players to keep to himself now that NIL is here ?, Sling blade billy napier could coach that team to a consistent top 4 every year, lol

Let’s hope Mario can convince his mentor to be a consultant 👀😂

After seeing all the dealerships deals going on in Florida with Saban.. had to know he was done
ferrari GIF
Saban in his Ferrari on his way with Miss Terri to Florida

Advertisement
I think it more so has to do with how demanding the CFB schedule is now. He talked about how grueling December is balancing preparing for a playoff game, player retention, negotiating NIL deals, and finishing up your high school class.

For the life of me I don’t know how they do it. It’s year round go go go. Maybe get 2 weeks to breath a year in the spring
Add to that multiple car dealerships.....he just added Porsche dealership to the portfolio, real estate, boating, commercial filming, and TV shows and Podcasts, there wasn't 24 hrs in the day.........he needed 30.....and said "to **** with dealing with teenagers and their pushy parents......I make more in 5 minutes than these turkeys do in 5 years.......nahhhhhhhh....I am outa here."

I don't think Dabo is going to be a priority in the running. He hasn't adapted to NIL and has fallen off a bit. I think top candidates will be Lanning, Lane and Norvell. Sark maybe on the list, but why would he leave Texas when he has all of the same advantages as Bama and is moving to the SEC? Kirby is a UGA grad and, once again, has the same type of resources as Bama. I'd think he wants to build a UGA legacy of championships instead of upping Bama's.

I like Saban

It was always nice knowing (until this season) that he and Alabama were there to restore order by constantly beating up on overrated bad Big Ten teams that had no business playing for Championships and teams that were only in that spot because they played in the Big Ten

College football is changed now and I wish him well

This is also a factor in his age and in the portal

At his age and status he doesnt want to deal with constantly recruiting players and placating your current roster so players you did get dont leave and I dont blame him

Advertisement
You know **** well that Saban will have a say on who his replacement will be.

With that said, you can rule out Kiffin and Sarkesan. IMO
If you are Sark, why would you leave Texas right now? With NIL being as big of a factor as it is and the (seemingly) limitless oil money that Texas boosters have I think it'd be hard for him to leave. I could see the boosters being an issue, but I doubt that will be any different at Bama with Saban gone now. Lane, is a different story. Joey Freshwater likely has some skeletons still in Tuscaloosa. Lol

Advertisement
Really? That sucks.

So they get "extra" opportunity, but it still counts against them for a given year?

Yessir.

If a kid was nervous about Saban sticking in December, he could have transferred then.

If he NOW learns Saban is leaving, he gets extra time to ENTER the Portal, but it still counts as the same old transfer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back