Saban has retired.

All of you saying please take Mario…he had consecutive top 10 recruiting classes here with a crap record, but you wish him to Baga?? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised in some of your logic anymore.
Call me crazy but my logic is I care more about the crap record than subjective recruiting classes to go with bad coaching

Advertisement
I love the fact that you were a “non-mope” for all of a week and a half. Maybe two

Will Smith Yes GIF by Bad Boys For Life
Ross Pepperidge took a toll on me. I'm going to take a lap.

Sorry The Hangover GIF

Advertisement
1. Saban bought mansion in West Palm as his retirement home
2. Saban's autogroup bought into a presence in SoFL
3. Saban loves San Mario
4. Saban will get bored
5. Saban will consult to Miami football
6. Miami wins at least 5 more nattys
View attachment 277960

Who knows... Maybe Saban might be willing to put in a good word for Miami with recruits instead of steering them towards Bama, especially if Bama hires Dabo or Meyer. I don't think he cares for them very much.

Advertisement
Mario and Saban have a close relationship. Would not at all be surprised if Saban became an ex officio consultant to Mario during the Building Process. Also not surprised that Saban left when he did.

The Bag Era is over. NIL has changed the face of College Football, making it a semi-pro Farm League for the NFL. Saban can't compete long term without the advantage of the Bagman in his corner, not when other guys have Legal Corporate Bagmen.

But he made his mark.

Advertisement
Josh Pate says that Bama is on 3rd base with their head coaching candidate. If they dont announce in the coming days that means they were told no.

Rumor's on twitter say Lanning is basically a done deal as the coach.

Bama told their players to wait 72 hours before entering the portal. My guess is the coach is announced in the next 3 days... but just a guess

Advertisement
"In the meeting, Saban thanked his players for the way they bought in and told them that he'd thought out his decision carefully. But with the way college football has changed in terms of the transfer portal and tampering, NIL being used as a guise for bidding for high school players and transfers, and the recruiting calendar being extended, he told his players that the time was right for him to retire.

Sources told Low that Saban had grown increasingly frustrated with "what college football had turned into. He's all about team and building a team and developing players, and now the only thing that seems to matter is who can get what in the NIL and who can get the biggest deal."

Advertisement
Back