S. Fla speed

cocanes

Dolemite isn’t my name
I don’t know **** about football but as a canes fan I always hear about how S. Fla athletes have above average speed and it got me thinking why haven’t CMR and Jon Jr taken a closer look at local qbs familiar with this kind of speed.

Advertisement
Aliens.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t know **** about football but as a canes fan I always hear about how S. Fla athletes have above average speed and it got me thinking why haven’t CMR and Jon Jr taken a closer look at local qbs familiar with this kind of speed.

Because we're horrible at recruiting florida QBs. Also Florida QB in general suck.

> See Randy Shannon Era.
He had Mr. Florida Football winner who was a QB: Robert Marve.
He had the super hyped State champion at QB: Jacory Harris.
He had a rifle arm QB: Stephen Morris
He even had a Canes Legacy who was a QB: Alonzo Highsmith Jr.

All from Florida all average to below average.

Bridgewater was the best Florida QB in recent memory. I know, I know, Jameis won the title and Lamar won the hiesman but Bridgewater in terms of being a good passing QB he is better then them IMO. He got Charlie Strong the Texas job and got Louisville into the P5.

Jameis had 1 monster year on a loaded roster. Lamar didn't win at the level of bridgewater.

Because we're horrible at recruiting florida QBs. Also Florida QB in general suck.

> See Randy Shannon Era.

Bridgewater was the best Florida QB in recent memory. I know, I know, Jameis won the title and Lamar won the hiesman but Bridgewater in terms of being a good passing QB he is better then them IMO. He got Charlie Strong the Texas job and got Louisville into the P5.

Jameis had 1 monster year on a loaded roster. Lamar didn't win at the level of bridgewater.

Jameis is from Alabama

Ya, but we really missed the boat on Tim Tebow, Randy Shannon is an idiot for not offering him.....

Advertisement
The reason for this is FL high school offensive coaching is complete crap. While the defensive coaching is normally elite here, FL high school coaches still haven't figured out the forward pass. HS teams in GA, TX, Cali, even Jersey all run advanced pass heavy spreads.

STA runs the worst offense I have ever seen. Same goes for Carol City, Booker T, Southridge, AH etc.

FL athletes are the best in the country. But for whatever reason our HS offensive coaches are absolutely remedial.

The reason for this is FL high school offensive coaching is complete crap. While the defensive coaching is normally elite here, FL high school coaches still haven't figured out the forward pass. HS teams in GA, TX, Cali, even Jersey all run advanced pass heavy spreads.

STA runs the worst offense I have ever seen. Same goes for Carol City, Booker T, Southridge, AH etc.

FL athletes are the best in the country. But for whatever reason our HS offensive coaches are absolutely remedial.
Yup.
These guys don't work at it though. I go to clinics all over. Even though I'm a defensive guy I sit in on a lot of offensive clinics and the South Florida guys are never in there taking notes.

I can only think of 2 programs in Broward right now that run up-to-date offensive concepts. The rest of these MF's can barely figure out how to run bubbles correctly.
Being a DC down there is extremely easy, all you're worried about is stopping individual kids, not stopping actual scheme/concepts. (which depending on the kid can be a headache in itself however) Most OC's don't even know how to get that kid the ball though.

Advertisement

> See Randy Shannon Era.

Hmmmmmmmm; well Jameis, while good during his time at FSU...I’m sure he’s not from So Fla. ****; I’m sure he’s not from Fla.

Advertisement
Back