S. Coley & M. Lewis...Your Time is Now!

Exactly, JHall Canes. I dont think Al was speaking to any of these guys on the defensive line stepping up for this year. I think he was saying he wants them to get some good PT against bad comp over the next few games to get them ready for next year. I HIGHLY doubt Kamulu, Hamilton, or Moore get any serious burn when we play the UNCs, VTs, FSUs or even the Gtechs of the world. But why not get them some game exp against SavSt, USF, and BCookman...I also hope that Moore and Kamulu redshirt if they can.

Now Lewis and Coley are a diff story. Our WR core hasnt exactly lit the nation on fire. Im sure he is looking to turn up the heat on the competition out there.

Honestly I would be surprised if neither Kamalu or Hamilton steps up enough to be trusted in conference play during the season..... I think the plan is to push one or both of them to be ready to play during this BYE Week and "EASY" 2 game stretch against Sav. St., and USF, so the coaches can start decreasing the snaps for Anthony Chickillo as the season goes on.

UNC, VT, and GT arent any teams that Kamalu or Hamilton shouldnt be able to compete at a high level against, its just the coaches have to trust that they are going to do their jobs while being gap sound and limited mental mistakes.

Advertisement
Exactly, JHall Canes. I dont think Al was speaking to any of these guys on the defensive line stepping up for this year. I think he was saying he wants them to get some good PT against bad comp over the next few games to get them ready for next year. I HIGHLY doubt Kamulu, Hamilton, or Moore get any serious burn when we play the UNCs, VTs, FSUs or even the Gtechs of the world. But why not get them some game exp against SavSt, USF, and BCookman...I also hope that Moore and Kamulu redshirt if they can.

Now Lewis and Coley are a diff story. Our WR core hasnt exactly lit the nation on fire. Im sure he is looking to turn up the heat on the competition out there.

Don't know how many times I need to repeat this, but trust me when I tell you guys that Moore and anyone else who has played a snap this year is no longer eligible to be redshirted unless they suffer a documented season-ending injury. You dudes should let go of the hope of redshirting guys like Moore. Seems like the plan is to get him playing time in garbage time to keep building him up.

I have a ton of confidence in Coley and Lewis going forward. I'm sure Coach Golden will give them more reps as they are ready to contribute. I want to see flawless execution against Savannah State. Steven and the other QBs making good decisions and being consistent. No dropped passes. No turnovers. Zero penalties or really close to zero. Everyone leaves the game healthy.

He was already thrown to the fire his freshman year...might as well ride it out and get ready. I think he'll stay to his senior year so we would still get at least two productive years out of him, cuz it sure doesn't seem like Coach Golden is planning on shirt'n him this year. However does anyone remember hearing any of the coaches talk about his progress thru fall camp. Weight Gains/Loses Strength/Reps of 225? Anything?
I was hoping Moore would redshirt.

Yeah I know he was thrown to the fire already but I just think THIS year we really don't need him and was hoping that he'd get a shirt. I believe a kid like Moore has the potential to be one of those kids that ends up being invaluable as a 5th year senior.

I do too, sooner though. Porter wasn't exactly setting the world on fire when he was first here either. You are grooming these kids to play a grown man's position. I've brought it up pretty much every time Moore has been criticized but you are talking about a kid Golden identified very early in the process. The coaches obviously saw something in him so we will see how his career plays out.

Just for the record, I didn't mean to imply that Moore wouldn't do anything until his senior year. I guess it was more that I look at the kid as having the potential to be a solid player, while at the same time not seeing him as a kid that ends up leaving early for the draft.

Yup, gotcha. He has been a hot button topic and I don't like people throwing logic out the window when you look up and down this team and see guys that were written off too early. Didn't mean to direct it at you or anything, just adding to your point.

Earl got burn in both the FAU and the UFAAG game (I didn't know that) so yup...he aint gettin' shirted. I didn't remember seeing him out there.

Advertisement
Now the blame has to be shared by everyone on offense, but, we have seen what dorsett and hurns bring to the table, lets see what #3 and #9 can do w some reps. It really can't get any worse :/

Hurns has been the only receiver for the most part this year with a pulse

Advertisement
After reading AaronRodgersJewBeard comment in another thread about Clive and other WR were running around open and it was Morris that just wasn't getting the ball to them. So I cued up Canes FlashForward and FF it to the 2nd qtr and I was so busy looking at the line and QB that I didn't notice it. I already see missed opportunities that Morris had. They will get it cleaned up though...not really worried.

I challenge anyone to show me WRs that were running open vs UF. Walford was open multiple times though.

Honestly I would be surprised if neither Kamalu or Hamilton steps up enough to be trusted in conference play during the season..... I think the plan is to push one or both of them to be ready to play during this BYE Week and "EASY" 2 game stretch against Sav. St., and USF, so the coaches can start decreasing the snaps for Anthony Chickillo as the season goes on.

UNC, VT, and GT arent any teams that Kamalu or Hamilton shouldnt be able to compete at a high level against, its just the coaches have to trust that they are going to do their jobs while being gap sound and limited mental mistakes.

Me too. There are 10-15 snaps a game backing up Chick that are waiting to be taken. One of those 2 need to step up and gain the trust of the staff. Chick obviously is in ridiculous condition but 71 snaps is way too many.

Don't know how many times I need to repeat this, but trust me when I tell you guys that Moore and anyone else who has played a snap this year is no longer eligible to be redshirted unless they suffer a documented season-ending injury. You dudes should let go of the hope of redshirting guys like Moore. Seems like the plan is to get him playing time in garbage time to keep building him up.

I just totally missed the fact that Moore played. Don't know how in the **** I did, but I flat out missed it. Oh well, here's to thick neck making an impact this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back