Ryan Leaf on his OV to Miami

Ryan Leaf was always gonna Ryan Leaf. You really think being in Miami over Pullman would have helped??
Certainly couldn’t have had a worse outcome. He needed some humble pie. Never happened there, but here... lol would have happened daily. Miami never lets you forget you’re Mr. Nobody

Advertisement
So we could’ve possibly had Leaf (forget his NFL career; he was a helluva College QB) & Faulk....if only we evaluated them properly?? Sheesh.
@Rellyrell the irony of these exact words .. the more things change, the more they stay the same
Who Knows Idk GIF

No, he was recruited by most major programs. Price was thought of as a “QB guru” at the time hence the Wazzu commitment.
Price succeeded Dennis Erickson, who recommended him for the job. Price never coached under Dennis, but they were good friends, having been high school teammates. I suspect that both had the same philosophy as far as sophisticated passing attacks. I think Dennis might have coached under Jack Elway at some point, and I think Elway was a west coast passing offense guru. The last year he was at WSU, Dennis had Timm Rosenbach and two 1000 yard runners, Steve Broussard and Rich Swinton.

I have a feeling, without researching it, that it was very likely that Price had a very similar philosophy to Dennis.

Advertisement
Price succeeded Dennis Erickson, who recommended him for the job. Price never coached under Dennis, but they were good friends, having been high school teammates. I suspect that both had the same philosophy as far as sophisticated passing attacks. I think Dennis might have coached under Jack Elway at some point, and I think Elway was a west coast passing offense guru. The last year he was at WSU, Dennis had Timm Rosenbach and two 1000 yard runners, Steve Broussard and Rich Swinton.

I have a feeling, without researching it, that it was very likely that Price had a very similar philosophy to Dennis.
I'll take what Schnelly brought to UM in regards to a Passing Attack....over those guys 7 days a week....and the Brilliance to have Earl Morrall tutor the QBs can't be stated enough...

So we could’ve possibly had Leaf (forget his NFL career; he was a helluva College QB) & Faulk....if only we evaluated them properly?? Sheesh.
There’s a reason why these guys ended up at San Diego State and Washington State. Sometimes the big schools only see you one way and the little school will let you play the position you want. I mean isn’t the big story here that we only got Jim Kelly because Penn State wanted him at linebacker? Or UF thought Clinton Portis should be a DB? You win some, you lose some.

Dam we missed on a special one. Might have made him a Heisman winner and it also might have sent his life in a very different direction. He left college as an *******. He knows this now obviously. Miami will humble the biggest of swinging ****s. There’s always someone with more money, more talent, more famous and whatever it is that you think makes you special. This city makes kids into men. If it’s Alabama, they’re a huge deal. Here they are just another guy. It’s one of the reasons I believe we make the jump to the pros effortlessly. Great would, could have been. He dam well remembers being with the biggest movie star in the world and a gold jacket that’s on Fox every Sunday. This town is the best city to grow up in ever!
FOLLOW ME AROUND ON THE RECRUITING BOARD PLEASE AND POST THIS.

THIS IS WHAT I TRY TO TELL FOLKS ALL THE TIME.

OUR MOST RECENT DYNASTY...I SWEAR PROBABLY THE BEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM EVER....THOSE GUYS WERE AVG JOES DOWN HERE ON THE WEEKENDS.

UM FOOTBALL PLAYERS WAIT IN LINE FOR THE CLUBS DOWN HERE.LOL

THESE PLAYERS AT THEM, RINKY DINK TOWNS ARE THE MAN..BIG FISH SMALL POND FOREAL...Especially in Tuscaloosa

Advertisement
We used to drop (literally) Bryce on his own front lawn before midnight on a typical Friday night, passed out and covered in his own puke. His dad used to get similarly dropped off after getting cut off at the Old Cutler Inn. I'm amazed either of them still have a liver.
No s*it. It was that bad and obvious with both of them?

Did you seriously just say this? I mean... really? This is complete next-level clown $#!+ right here.

Yes, one of the biggest disasters of all time is that way because of the University of Miami. That makes sense.

I honestly thought I'd heard the stupidest things imaginable on this board but this is a whole different level of stupidity.
It was a joke. I guess I should have put a bunch of emojis on the back end so that all the simpletons understand.

No s*it. It was that bad and obvious with both of them?
Yes. Dennis had another hangout in the Grove. I forgot what it's called. It was right by the theater. Was easier to get him home from OCI because they lived like a mile away.

Advertisement
Ryan Leaf was about to **** up anyway. People saying that he would have won nattys here... eh, I dont buy that too much.

Washington Post made a video about the Leaf-Manning-saga and the Colts were still looking at touch tape a day before the draft because they didnt know who to take. Until they got a phone call from a psychologist saying that Leaf has a massive red flag that dates back all the way to High School.

Pretty sure Leaf would have partied hard, but not work hard. He went to the Chargers who had Rodney Harrison and Junior Seau as their leaders and he failed miserably because of his inability to handle pressure and his inability to get coached.

Ryan Leaf was about to **** up anyway. People saying that he would have won nattys here... eh, I dont buy that too much.

Washington Post made a video about the Leaf-Manning-saga and the Colts were still looking at touch tape a day before the draft because they didnt know who to take. Until they got a phone call from a psychologist saying that Leaf has a massive red flag that dates back all the way to High School.

Pretty sure Leaf would have partied hard, but not work hard. He went to the Chargers who had Rodney Harrison and Junior Seau as their leaders and he failed miserably because of his inability to handle pressure and his inability to get coached.
Dude think of Ryan Leaf in college. We definitely would’ve been a top 5 team. Disregard his NFL career. He was a great athlete and great thrower in college.

FOLLOW ME AROUND ON THE RECRUITING BOARD PLEASE AND POST THIS.

THIS IS WHAT I TRY TO TELL FOLKS ALL THE TIME.

OUR MOST RECENT DYNASTY...I SWEAR PROBABLY THE BEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM EVER....THOSE GUYS WERE AVG JOES DOWN HERE ON THE WEEKENDS.

UM FOOTBALL PLAYERS WAIT IN LINE FOR THE CLUBS DOWN HERE.LOL

THESE PLAYERS AT THEM, RINKY DINK TOWNS ARE THE MAN..BIG FISH SMALL POND FOREAL...Especially in Tuscaloosa
I think if they become legendary and actually do **** they can get into anywhere. When your scrubs no one cares. But yea in those towns those guys are God's.

Advertisement
Speaking of Mike Price, I know a guy that played for him at Wazzu, I got some stories I could tell. Let’s just leave it at Mike Price is a total degenerate, and must’ve been fun to play for
Wasn’t Price the HC Alabama fired before coaching his first game, for using a university credit card at strip clubs? Or paying for ‘massages’?

Dude think of Ryan Leaf in college. We definitely would’ve been a top 5 team. Disregard his NFL career. He was a great athlete and great thrower in college.
Leaf wouldn’t have been the only player having a good time. But he would have been run off had he not performed on the field.

Problem is, we werent a normal college football team back then.

He was that, but I feel like, if he came here to play QB he would have been exposed sooner rather than later.

Advertisement
Back