Ryan Leaf on his OV to Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
A few thoughts from the interview.
Ryan Leaf looks and sounds great so hopefully he is a long way his demons though I’m sure its a daily thing.
Erickson’s son bought a rum and coke for Leaf. I guess Bryce didn’t fall far from the tree.
Did UM start Leaf on his journey to drug abuse??? And I understand that if it wasn’t at UM he would have had that first drink somewhere, but **** it sounds like the starting point was UM. Leaf doesn’t blame UM or anyone but this guy had never tasted alcohol until Bryce bought him the rum and coke at Marino’s.
Our boys were traveling in limos. I wonder where Jammi German and Yatil Green were that night. Just pay for the limo dumb asses.

Dam we missed on a special one. Might have made him a Heisman winner and it also might have sent his life in a very different direction. He left college as an *******. He knows this now obviously. Miami will humble the biggest of swinging ****s. There’s always someone with more money, more talent, more famous and whatever it is that you think makes you special. This city makes kids into men. If it’s Alabama, they’re a huge deal. Here they are just another guy. It’s one of the reasons I believe we make the jump to the pros effortlessly. Great would, could have been. He dam well remembers being with the biggest movie star in the world and a gold jacket that’s on Fox every Sunday. This town is the best city to grow up in ever!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great story. Worth the watch. Looks like Leaf is living sober now, so good for him.

A few thoughts from the interview.
Ryan Leaf looks and sounds great so hopefully he is a long way his demons though I’m sure its a daily thing.
Erickson’s son bought a rum and coke for Leaf. I guess Bryce didn’t fall far from the tree.
Did UM start Leaf on his journey to drug abuse??? And I understand that if it wasn’t at UM he would have had that first drink somewhere, but **** it sounds like the starting point was UM. Leaf doesn’t blame UM or anyone but this guy had never tasted alcohol until Bryce bought him the rum and coke at Marino’s.
Our boys were traveling in limos. I wonder where Jammi German and Yatil Green were that night. Just pay for the limo dumb asses.
We used to drop (literally) Bryce on his own front lawn before midnight on a typical Friday night, passed out and covered in his own puke. His dad used to get similarly dropped off after getting cut off at the Old Cutler Inn. I'm amazed either of them still have a liver.

Dam we missed on a special one. Might have made him a Heisman winner and it also might have sent his life in a very different direction. He left college as an *******. He knows this now obviously. Miami will humble the biggest of swinging ****s. There’s always someone with more money, more talent, more famous and whatever it is that you think makes you special. This city makes kids into men. If it’s Alabama, they’re a huge deal. Here they are just another guy. It’s one of the reasons I believe we make the jump to the pros effortlessly. Great would, could have been. He dam well remembers being with the biggest movie star in the world and a gold jacket that’s on Fox every Sunday. This town is the best city to grow up in ever!
Ryan Leaf was always gonna Ryan Leaf. You really think being in Miami over Pullman would have helped??

Advertisement
Did UM start Leaf on his journey to drug abuse??? And I understand that if it wasn’t at UM he would have had that first drink somewhere, but **** it sounds like the starting point was UM.

Did you seriously just say this? I mean... really? This is complete next-level clown $#!+ right here.

Yes, one of the biggest disasters of all time is that way because of the University of Miami. That makes sense.

I honestly thought I'd heard the stupidest things imaginable on this board but this is a whole different level of stupidity.

Awesome interview. It’s a given if Miami was able to take full advantage of the city and what it has to offer on these visits, it would be a **** wrap for college football and any male sport for that matter. Make the louisville scandal look like the boys and girls club 🤣

Advertisement
Actually the most interesting part was Leaf implying that he was recruited by everyone. I didn't remember that at all and found this:

In 1994 Miami would have been far and away the biggest offer he had. Mike Price was making some noise at WZZU but it wasn't a big deal and Rich Brooks was a little better at Oregon.
No, he was recruited by most major programs. Price was thought of as a “QB guru” at the time hence the Wazzu commitment.

Actually the most interesting part was Leaf implying that he was recruited by everyone. I didn't remember that at all and found this:

In 1994 Miami would have been far and away the biggest offer he had. Mike Price was making some noise at WZZU but it wasn't a big deal and Rich Brooks was a little better at Oregon.

Speaking of Mike Price, I know a guy that played for him at Wazzu, I got some stories I could tell. Let’s just leave it at Mike Price is a total degenerate, and must’ve been fun to play for

Advertisement
Back