Ryan Day puts a number on recruiting budget

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seems kind of low.
That’s over $150k per player. That’s definitely a reasonable number compared to what professionals are making.at $150k a year an 18 year old would instantly be in the top 10% of all income earners. It’s just enough money for them to do whatever they want but not enough for them to go crazy.

Advertisement
That’s over $150k per player. That’s definitely a reasonable number compared to what professionals are making.at $150k a year an 18 year old would instantly be in the top 10% of all income earners. It’s just enough money for them to do whatever they want but not enough for them to go crazy.
But Stroud alone would be worth Millions if he went to the portal, not that he will, just saying.

But Stroud alone would be worth Millions if he went to the portal, not that he will, just saying.
And some 3rd string players with only get 50k a year, it seems like a reasonable average to me if I’m addition you have a good program with a good NFL draft record. Kids are gonna have to get more money to go to a West Virginia instead of an OSU or Bama.

Advertisement
This just reminds me of the good ol' days with SMU. They get nailed with sanctions the first time around, and the boosters are told to cut out the payments.

A coach on the staff goes "you don't understand, we can't. We have payroll obligations to the entire team."

This just reminds me of the good ol' days with SMU. They get nailed with sanctions the first time around, and the boosters are told to cut out the payments.

A coach on the staff goes "you don't understand, we can't. We have payroll obligations to the entire team."
Governor Clements, who was also an SMU BoT, approved the payments.

Advertisement
I mean qb’s who are potential top 5 picks are going to skew numbers. The number 1 pick the nFL draft is going to make $6.7M as a rookie.

So even if you have a stroud and pay him half of that around $3m. You can still pay every player on the roster $120k. That’s an average so some people are going to make more and some will make less the point remains the same.

At $13M you have a roster average of $150k per player. Disperse it however you please. Stroud making millions is an outlier to the rest of the roster. Let’s be real how much is the 3rd string C who’s redshirting worth? Everyone always focuses on the big numbers and the stars but most guys are not making more than $10-15k. 85 players and only 45-50 actually play in games. $13M salary cap which is basically what he’s saying is very workable.

Advertisement
Back