Ryan Brodie, OL, Long Branch HS (NJ)

Larry

All-American
High three-star offensive tackle Ryan Brodie (Long Branch, N.J.) is now only considering UConn, Miami-FL and Rutgers, according to 247Sports. The Scarlet Knights are believed to be the favorite.

Brodie, a 6-foot-5, 265-pound senior, made official visits to UConn (Nov. 18th), Illinois (Dec. 2nd) and West Virginia (Dec. 9th). He is slated to visit Rutgers (Jan. 21st) and Miami-FL (Jan. 28th) prior to signing day.

Boston College, Minnesota, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Buffalo, Tulane, Cincinnati, Purdue and South Carolina are among his other scholarship offers.

Rivals profile ***
247 Profile **** (93)
Scout.com profile ***
ESPN Profile *** (79)

ESPN Scouting Report

Brodie is a very athletic player with good production on both sides of the ball as a tackle; will need to grow into his frame, adding solid bulk over time. Has the height and athleticism for the offensive tackle position at the major level of competition. Demonstrates good initial quickness as a defensive end and although he plays too high at times we see the ability to hold the point and get off blocks; runs well, demonstrating excellent pursuit habits with good chase down speed. Shows good flexibility, balance and agility; plays out of a three point stance, flashing the ability to come off the ball with a flat back, good base and the leg drive necessary to sustain blocks downfield and in space. Will need to become more explosive and physical when drive blocking however we see very good quickness when working to the linebacker level. This guy has the agility and quickness to consistently get a hat on active 1st and 2nd level defenders. Shows good pull/rap technique; is smooth and quick out of his stance, demonstrating the ability to get up-field while locating defenders on the move. We see an aggressive finisher who should be able to make all the necessary run blocks at the next level of play. His long arms and nimble feet should be assets in pass protection; flashes the ability to quick set, bend and slide his feet to the deep set point. As his upper body playing strength improves so should his punch, location and extension; does a good job adjusting to inside change of directions moves. Brodie's height and athleticism are pluses; once bulk is added to his frame and his playing strength improves we see the potential for a long and productive career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtUatDqbxAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvTmVrtr2lQ

Scout.com also has a bunch of Game Highlights of the Guy from the Rutgers site from this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think this kid would be a good, hard fought pull if we somehow pull him. I doubt it, but I think this would just be a nice get.

i know that you find great players wherever you find them, but gimme them big boys from up north when it comes to the OL

Advertisement
i know that you find great players wherever you find them, but gimme them big boys from up north when it comes to the OL

agreed. southern football is speed and agility with a little smashmouth. northern football is smashmouth as it gets. give me those guys in the trenches.

agreed. southern football is speed and agility with a little smashmouth. northern football is smashmouth as it gets. give me those guys in the trenches.
not so much on the DL for some reason it seems. the great DLs seem to be full of players from players in the souf. i could be wrong though.

not so much on the DL for some reason it seems. the great DLs seem to be full of players from players in the souf. i could be wrong though.

speed is much more important on the Dline then the Oline. Speed seperates the 2 regions, IMO.

Larry bringing it today. Good to finally start seeing more threads and posts on the recruiting board. May have to +1 Rep him.

Advertisement
Long Branch High School is very close to where Al Golden grew up and where he coached High School at Red Bank Catholic. Local connection can work here.

Florida has never really been known as a hot spot for OL, but it seems like that's been changing over the past decade. But if there are two positions I'd recruit nationally for, it would be for QB and OL. Glad to see we're in it for this kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back