RVA Cane does not like Canes Fans

Advertisement
I’m going to disagree here, strongly. The middle finger should definitely be a negative reaction.

I don’t know, you’re actually changing the meaning of the symbol by not making it a negative reaction. I don’t flip somebody off as a sign of approval, most people when they flip somebody off, they mean it. Or did giving somebody the middle finger somehow change in society and I just didn’t get the memo

Advertisement
I’m going to disagree here, strongly. The middle finger should definitely be a negative reaction.

I don’t know, you’re actually changing the meaning of the symbol by not making it a negative reaction. I mean every once in a while I might flip somebody off joking around, most people when they flip somebody off, they mean it. Or did giving somebody the middle finger somehow change in society and I just didn’t get the memo
I had the pleasure of working with one of my best friends for 12 years. Our standard greeting was to say, "Have you seen this?" and give a middle finger. That caught on and the entire IT department started using it as a greeting.

We have enough negativity as it is, neutral is perfect for this one.

I had the pleasure of working with one of my best friends for 12 years. Our standard greeting was to say, "Have you seen this?" and give a middle finger. That caught on and the entire IT department started using it as a greeting.

I'd agree.

The finger is just an economic, means of communication. Saves words. Breath. AND reduces CO2 emmissions.

The finger is actually a good means of fighting global warming.

And of course - we're all very sensitive to that, aren't we?

(Initially, I thought for a moment I was on West End Zone. This is pretty much a standard greeting over there - and it's a standard reply to most any subject one wishes to share discourse on.)

Advertisement

Wish I could agree. 🖕🏼

Gonna need two middle finger reactions.. One red and negative and one yellow that's a good reaction. The difference is "hey man, **** you!" and the other is "lol, **** you man!"

Then we need another emoji for that, a busting balls emoji, for those friendly retorts when you’re just talking shlt to somebody in a friendly way. Maybe something like this:

AE768BF3-0BAC-4926-9500-3BD07E296928.png

So I would leave the middle finger as negative.

And, while we’re at it, I would like to put in a request for an emoji which signifies I just totally destroyed you, I busted a nut on your face. I found the perfect one:

D1295D63-1C50-40A8-BBA4-10CF7971FB28.jpeg

I imagine @The Franchise would be using this a lot.

Let’s get to work on this @Andrew and @RVACane

Advertisement
Then we need another emoji for that, a busting balls emoji, for those friendly retorts when you’re just talking shlt to somebody in a friendly way. Maybe something like this:

View attachment 129338

So I would leave the middle finger as negative.

And, while we’re at it, I would like to put in a request for an emoji which signifies I just totally destroyed you, I busted a nut on your face. I found the perfect one:

View attachment 129339

I imagine @The Franchise would be using this a lot.

Let’s get to work on this @Andrew and @RVACane
I could throw a vote on this if it comes up in the suggestion board.

I couldn’t save MKlein13 but JD saved me. Lol. What about @423Hurricane ? He’s showing up.
Although I appreciate your recognition my friend, I’m forever destined to be a wannabe and I’m OK with that. I don’t have to see any more ads!

As far as the middle finger emoji Is concerned, the negative connotation and sign of contempt associated with it is difficult to disassociate from it. I agree that it will most certainly be used in jest. I like the idea of having 2 of different colors as proposed by @MovingZen.

I for one have my own 5 finger salute. Instead of only the middle finger, I give those most deserving all 5 fingers held up in unison. 5 times the meaning of the middle one. I get the strangest looks!

Advertisement
Although I appreciate your recognition my friend, I’m forever destined to be a wannabe and I’m OK with that. I don’t have to see any more ads!

As far as the middle finger emoji Is concerned, the negative connotation and sign of contempt associated with it is difficult to disassociate from it. I agree that it will most certainly be used in jest. I like the idea of having 2 of different colors as proposed by @MovingZen.

I for one have my own 5 finger salute. Instead of only the middle finger, I give those most deserving all 5 fingers held up in unison. 5 times the meaning of the middle one. I get the strangest looks!
The Birits use the index and middle fingers combined for a gesture with the same meaning. There's an actual story behind it or so I was told. When the fought France, the French would cut those fingers off the archers and let them go. Showing those two fingers was an F U to them.

I'd bet it will be used a lot more for messing around than negative.
I haven’t made it through this whole thread, but I think there should be two middle finger emojis. One for messing around (positive/neutral) and one for negative ( maybe make it RED). Solved!

I haven’t made it through this whole thread, but I think there should be two middle finger emojis. One for messing around (positive/neutral) and one for negative ( maybe make it RED). Solved!
But this way it stays neutral. The last thing this lot needs is another way to be a **** to someone.

Advertisement
Back