Rutgers Game 1 7pm ACCNX

Really incredible play by Paige. I still don’t think he’s a long term answer at 2nd, but will be happy to see him prove me wrong. I do think his glove is good enough that an average in the .230 range is enough to leave him in the lineup.

Great outing by Van Belle, and good job by Gino having guys warmed in the bullpen proactively. The offense needs to get a lot better, but that was an improvement from last Saturday. Three more chances to get it right.

Advertisement
Offense is off to a slow start around the country. I'd guess we will see it take a little time to get rolling. 2B is kind of going to be a choice between defense and offense much of the year. If Paige is a wizard with the glove though, that may be the direction to go.

1-0 is 1-0.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure what this means. Our success (or lack of success) against Florida has been a pretty good indicator of how we fare on a national level. And we play them in six days.
What it means is that it’s stupid to say the second series of the year is going to determine how good we are the season. But I’m also familiar with with the ulterior motive is so it’s expected.

Really incredible play by Paige. I still don’t think he’s a long term answer at 2nd, but will be happy to see him prove me wrong. I do think his glove is good enough that an average in the .230 range is enough to leave him in the lineup.

Great outing by Van Belle, and good job by Gino having guys warmed in the bullpen proactively. The offense needs to get a lot better, but that was an improvement from last Saturday. Three more chances to get it right.

Agree on the pen. Watched FSU's bullpen implode in the last inning of their game, and while it's only one game, I like how our guys threw strikes.

My biggest concern are injuries to our starters. Except for 2008, it seems like we lose one "starter" every season (going back to 1999).

The Florida series is meaningless. Even if they sweep us it means little. A more important barometer is Louisville. Mississippi State and Louisville are legitimate title contenders. How we fare against Louisville late in the season is an excellent barometer for the playoffs.

Advertisement
Offense is off to a slow start around the country. I'd guess we will see it take a little time to get rolling. 2B is kind of going to be a choice between defense and offense much of the year. If Paige is a wizard with the glove though, that may be the direction to go.

1-0 is 1-0.

It's game 1...so, not a big deal. But from what I saw, UF, UNC and a few other ACC teams (not FSU) had no problem putting up 5+ runs.

Advertisement
What it means is that it’s stupid to say the second series of the year is going to determine how good we are the season. But I’m also familiar with with the ulterior motive is so it’s expected.

Shrug. You must have missed the past several seasons when the UF series was an indicator of how the season would go.

Advertisement
Back