Rutgers - any insight?

ghost2

Retired staff
Premium
Now that we know where we're going bowing, does anyone have any insight into this Rutgers team? I'll admit I have watched zero Rutgers football since they were in the Big East so, what are we looking at here?

Scoff if you will but 8-5 with a bowl win always looks better than 7-6.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dude hate to break it to you but we looked like Iowa a few times this year
Season 4 Nod GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Dude hate to break it to you but we looked like Iowa a few times this year
We most definitely did not.

Did we turnover the ball a lot? Yes.

But we had under 450 total yards of offense 4 times.

Iowa NEVER had more than 450 total yards of offense. Let me repeat that.

Iowa. Never. Produced. More. Than. 450. Total. Yards. Of. Offense. In. Any. Game. This. Year.

Absolutely insane.

So depending on our QB seems like we either win comfortably or we're in another 9-6 shootout?

If it's Jacurri I hope Dawson busts out some old Paul Johnson triple option tape. Let's put up 300 yards on the ground and go home lol.

Only half kidding.

So depending on our QB seems like we either win comfortably or we're in another 9-6 shootout?

If it's Jacurri I hope Dawson busts out some old Paul Johnson triple option tape. Let's put up 300 yards on the ground and go home lol.

Only half kidding.
I'm not kidding at all. We have a massive, athletic QB, huge OLs, and a few RBs. Run the ball, control the clock, and get a win.

Advertisement
2023 rankings:

TOTAL OFFENSE: UM #26 RUTGERS #120
Passing Offense: UM#36 RUTGERS #124
Rushing Offense: UM #44 RUTGERS #56

TOTAL DEFENSE: UM #26 RUTGERS #19
Passing Defense: UM #69 RUTGERS #11
Rushing Defense: UM #10 RUTGERS #43

Would be nice if our DB's play in the bowl game, and we eliminate their run game.

The X factor is the weather and we all know this. There could very well be snow on the ground. I will say this team is much tougher physically and mentally then in year's past. So hopefully cold weather doesn't prevent us from pounding the ball down their throats.

Screens and 1-read RPO in the passing game, power/pulling run game, enough playaction to keep 11 out of the box all day.

Or do we let Dawson cook and see what happens?

Advertisement
Tough, Fyzical offense with a QB who can't throw but can run.

Defense has kept them in games throughout the season.

This has perfect storm written all over it.

They have a good Big 10 run defense and we have a QB who cant throw. He can only run.

With our coaching staff, this matchup is actually perfect.

If Dawson and crew cant scheme up something, it will be a tough game.

I also FULLY expect Rutgers to have the most passing yards of the season against our defense.

Total trap.

This has perfect storm written all over it.

They have a good Big 10 run defense and we have a QB who cant throw. He can only run.

With our coaching staff, this matchup is actually perfect.

If Dawson and crew cant scheme up something, it will be a tough game.

I also FULLY expect Rutgers to have the most passing yards of the season against our defense.

Total trap.

Game being played a Yale to celebrate historic old school football coaches…

Bad Boy Mowers sponsored for a reason.

The X factor is the weather and we all know this. There could very well be snow on the ground. I will say this team is much tougher physically and mentally then in year's past. So hopefully cold weather doesn't prevent us from pounding the ball down their throats.
say what you will about mario (and there's certainly a lot you can say) but i feel relatively confident in saying that the days of getting pounded by wisconsin in our bowl games are over. we're too good in the trenches for that to happen.

Advertisement
Back