Running game strength or weakness??

I highly doubt this same group of guys that were flat out terrible last year are suddenly going to even be average at best

it will take 2 recruiting cycles to get through it and most of you already know this

where is the logic in 99% of the posts on this site??

go back and watch our running game vs fsu, our passing protection vs ***ing FAU of all people.. go watch ANY part of the vatech game

where is YOUR logic

Advertisement
I highly doubt this same group of guys that were flat out terrible last year are suddenly going to even be average at best

it will take 2 recruiting cycles to get through it and most of you already know this

where is the logic in 99% of the posts on this site??

go back and watch our running game vs fsu, our passing protection vs ***ing FAU of all people.. go watch ANY part of the vatech game

where is YOUR logic

LOGIC would allow you to think like this isnt your first time watching a football program develop, its obvious that every aspect of this team is drastically improving under this coaching staff. To coincide with that, it happens every year were schools have positions that once were a weakness turn into strength by the next season.

I dont understand why you cant put two and two together and project that the oline is most likely going to be better than it was last year instead of this dramatic bs believing that "since they were bad last season that means we have to wait a couple more years to completely over haul the offensive line before that position is even average"???

Last edited:
depends on how u define strength or weakness. there's at least 9 games where the O Line and Walton will have no trouble running with authority and in those games he should have very strong YPC averages. the 3 (or maybe 4) other games will be the true test for the running game - those are the games where we face solid front 7s and imo qb play will likely determine how solid we run the ball

Advertisement
They are focusing more on the pass than on the run because they need to see what the QB's can do throwing the ball, when the live bullets are flying. This is why you're only seeing 1-2 carriers from Walton in 2 games, and a 3-4 carries from Homer.

They need to get the QB's ready

I am wondering what everyone's opinion on the state of the running game going into next season. I know Walton is getting a lot of hype and some people believe we are gonna have to relay on the running game to help ease in the new QB. I am of the opinion unless there is a marked improvement from last season we are gonna struggle to run the ball with authority. From the looks of the stats that richt released it seems that the struggles generating push at the LOS is still an issue for this group.

All depends on how much our OL improves.

Love seeing this comment so early on in the thread, just a fact. Given our inexperience at QB whoever gets the nod, the running game MUST be a strength and only goes as far as our improvement at OL.

Most importantly I want to see Richt improve as a play caller based on what he honestly sees from the OL, not a retread of that putrid October performance.

UM

Advertisement
Back