Running Backs.

sebringcanethang23

Sophomore
Not many people have said it but I believe we all know it. Our season will mostly live and die with the production of our stable of backs. With Ryan Williams going down we now have 2 freshman who will most likely be fighting it out for the job this fall. Aside from a freak chance that one of them lights it up this year we won't have much to lean on their. So what are your guys expectations for this years running backs. Individually or as a whole unit.

Advertisement
Teams we play know our QB situation. They will not allow Duke to beat them. Expect 8-9 in the box and dare us to pass. Hope we can throw some quick outs/slants to Coley to burn them and make them respect the pass. Otherwise Duke & Yearby are not going to find many running lanes.

Gus was light years better this spring than he was in the fall. I think we can have a **** good rotation. Can always bring Dallas back in the case of depth issues. Very confident as to where we are with the RB's.

Defensive line and QB play are what will dictate our success.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can't complain with Duke (jr), Gus (so.), yearby (freshman), gray (fr. If qualify).

Not a bad stable stable to throw at defenses if they want to stack the box. I think with quick pass plays to keep defenses semi-honest, and the multiple RB's we have that can split carries, we will be fine with Olsen at the helm.

Advertisement
i'd love to see us become a run heavy team but our o line is gonna need to put on big boy pants week in and week out

Every team will stack the box against us and make Olsen beat them with his arm.

If the kid (Olsen), avoids getting the "dear in headlights" syndrome and can sit back and find the open short route, we should be alright as far as the offense goes.

Our R:p ratio will definitely be around 55:45 or 60:40, but I can see us having a few games where we abandon that and let Olsen air it out.

A stable of Duke/Yearby/Gus/Tucker should be one of the best RB units in the ACC, if not the best.

I didn't include Gray because I see him being a redshirt candidate, assuming he makes it to campus (crossing my fingers).

Hopefully, we will run all over a lot of teams and put less pressure on the shoulders our first-year QB (God knows how one bad year can ***** with a young QBs psyche).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Teams we play know our QB situation. They will not allow Duke to beat them. Expect 8-9 in the box and dare us to pass. Hope we can throw some quick outs/slants to Coley to burn them and make them respect the pass. Otherwise Duke & Yearby are not going to find many running lanes.

Yeah, keep 2-3 guys in the secondary vs. Dorsett, Coley, and Lewis. Good f'ing luck.

Yeah, keep 2-3 guys in the secondary vs. Dorsett, Coley, and Lewis. Good f'ing luck.

Until we burn them for it, they will stack the box. Our RBs are fine, but none are the type to pound the line until it breaks. The OC must call pass when they are looking for our run and use the middle of the field and maybe, just maybe throw to the TE. Duke made the gator have to play 8 & 9 on the line and was eating yards at Tally. The good team will put a stop the that, and then our QB has to come though. But Coley needs to call better game. You put Olsen in 3rd and long much and nothing good will come from it. This offense is loaded. The two question marks are QB and OC.

Until we burn them for it, they will stack the box. Our RBs are fine, but none are the type to pound the line until it breaks. The OC must call pass when they are looking for our run and use the middle of the field and maybe, just maybe throw to the TE. Duke made the gator have to play 8 & 9 on the line and was eating yards at Tally. The good team will put a stop the that, and then our QB has to come though. But Coley needs to call better game. You put Olsen in 3rd and long much and nothing good will come from it. This offense is loaded. The two question marks are QB and OC.

I suggest you pop in the PITT game and tell me we don't have an RB that can run on a stacked box.

Why anyone is still sleepin on this stable, I have no clue. This isn't 2013.
Well I'm not going to give any unit props this season until they prove it on the field first. That is even including duke. I want to see him be able to perform at those high levels in big games. So far haven't been too impressed.

Advertisement
Back