Run through a wall

Hurricane Hero

Recruit
This team will underachieve until they will "run through a wall" for Mario, that's what the players would do for Jimmy. I know that was almost 40 years ago, but the ideology still applies today. With most elite and national championship teams players would "would run through a wall" for their coach, Jimmy, Bowden, Carroll, Meyer, Saban, Dabo and so on. That's what Mario demands of his players, but only the great coaches can do it immediately or with in 3-5 seasons. A friend of mine played for UF from 03-06, 2nd string punter, one night he told me about the transition from Zook to Meyer and how he almost quit because practices was too hard on him. Looking at things now, maybe Urban was abusing players back then too, but his players would "run through a wall" for him in two years. Under Zook, my friend told me a good amount of guys were throwing up at practice because they partied too hard the previous night, when Urban took over players were throwing up from running too hard at practice sober. I'll never forget going to 07 UVA vs Miami and after game seeing a good amount of players having a good time at the bars like nothing happened a few hours ago. This is what Mario is trying to break and it runs ramped at so many schools every year, look at Texas A&M. Mario isn't going the portal route too much because he understands those are band aids for gunshot wounds, so it will take him some time to get the right guys in, but soon enough he will show his true colors. Even with the names at coaches, like the players, they all need to build chemistry and attrition will happen at the coaching level just like it does at the player level. I'm not going to tell you when it will happened, but I think it will happened sooner rather than later. Go CANES!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you can’t read all of this without paragraphs, think it’s long winded or more rhetoric BS then I guess your are slightly better than 247 members because at least you don’t pay to be ignorant.

This team will underachieve until they will "run through a wall" for Mario, that's what the players would do for Jimmy. I know that was almost 40 years ago, but the ideology still applies today. With most elite and national championship teams players would "would run through a wall" for their coach, Jimmy, Bowden, Carroll, Meyer, Saban, Dabo and so on. That's what Mario demands of his players, but only the great coaches can do it immediately or with in 3-5 seasons. A friend of mine played for UF from 03-06, 2nd string punter, one night he told me about the transition from Zook to Meyer and how he almost quit because practices was too hard on him. Looking at things now, maybe Urban was abusing players back then too, but his players would "run through a wall" for him in two years. Under Zook, my friend told me a good amount of guys were throwing up at practice because they partied too hard the previous night, when Urban took over players were throwing up from running too hard at practice sober. I'll never forget going to 07 UVA vs Miami and after game seeing a good amount of players having a good time at the bars like nothing happened a few hours ago. This is what Mario is trying to break and it runs ramped at so many schools every year, look at Texas A&M. Mario isn't going the portal route too much because he understands those are band aids for gunshot wounds, so it will take him some time to get the right guys in, but soon enough he will show his true colors. Even with the names at coaches, like the players, they all need to build chemistry and attrition will happen at the coaching level just like it does at the player level. I'm not going to tell you when it will happened, but I think it will happened sooner rather than later. Go CANES!!!
I hope you're right. These players shouldn't need to run through a wall for their coach to beat Middle Tennessee or Duke, though.

Change is often difficult and I get that he doesn't have his players yet, but I've yet to see any of the kids from last year improve and that's a major concern.

I hope you're right. These players shouldn't need to run through a wall for their coach to beat Middle Tennessee or Duke, though.

Change is often difficult and I get that he doesn't have his players yet, but I've yet to see any of the kids from last year improve and that's a major concern.
its the only thing no one can explain. not even one area is improved.

Advertisement
Respectfully, paragraphs just make these easier to read. You might be sayin some good schit but most folks not bout to read that fam.
Matt Barr Thinking GIF by Paramount+

Advertisement
Back