RUN GAME

Odysseus

Freshman
Run game look best it has since Texas a&m game getting 4 to 5 yards a pop, is it more so o-line play or Parrish

Also Football experts tell me this, Why is it we run the ball well but can't pass, or last week we pass the ball well but can run it

Advertisement
Run game look best it has since Texas a&m game getting 4 to 5 yards a pop, is it more so o-line play or Parrish

Also Football experts tell me this, Why is it we run the ball well but can't pass, or last week we pass the ball well but can run it
Both. O-line was getting more of a push than they have since the BC game. Not saying they were opening huge holes, but there was definitely more room after our rb's reached the line of scrimmage. They weren't immediately getting stonewalled at the LOS. Parrish also ran tough and broke a lot of tackles. He also seemed to make the right cuts up-field at the right time for the most part. The o-lineman were also blocking until the whistle.

They need to stick with the gap scheme type of plays (i.e., Trap, Counters, etc.), which Parrish seems comfortable with, rather the zone, in my opinion.

Both. O-line was getting more of a push than they have since the BC game. Not saying they were opening huge holes, but there was definitely more room after our rb's reached the line of scrimmage. They weren't immediately getting stonewalled at the LOS. Parrish also ran tough and broke a lot of tackles. He also seemed to make the right cuts up-field at the right time for the most part. The o-lineman were also blocking until the whistle.
Yea that's what I was noticing actual lanes to run and no running backs taking the wrong running lanes either

Advertisement
They need to stick with the gap scheme type of plays (i.e., Trap, Counters, etc.), which Parrish seems comfortable with, rather the zone, in my opinion.
Yea that's what I'm thinking too no more of that horizontal zone blocking bs get these guys going down field blocking hitting their gaps

At times, QBs don't trust this OL , TEs/WRs can't get open or don't make sight adjustments, penalties put the offense behind the sticks, OC calls too many long developing plays and sometimes the run scheme and check-with-me doesn't work.

Playing UVA didn't hurt but Cooper and Brantley made biggest difference.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back