Run game (online)

itsacanething

Senior
O line sorry. Not sure if this is going to be unpopular or maybe I just don’t know what I’m taking about but I see a lot of inconstancy with the o line in the run. Maybe this Is the norm for top programs but I’d like to see less scrums(not referring to the designed q.b keepers ) and more push particularly on goal like situations

Last edited:
Advertisement
Every yard Walton got was off of cutbacks , or making the hole. Dude is so good.

One of the most improved rb's I've seen.

Every yard Walton got was off of cutbacks , or making the hole. Dude is so good.

One of the most improved rb's I've seen.

That’s my point exactly. Walton is making it happen for himself.

Even against the crap opponents he had a ton of yards off cutbacks or making up for mediocre blocking. He's made the ol look decent run blocking , even though they are not.

Oh and short yardage and goal line they're an absolute embarrassment. Constantly getting **** pushed in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tehy played well up until last night. Richt and Searles are on them hard. Well know a lot more about what there capable of after fsu

That's a solid DL at a Duke. It wasn't a good performance overall, but don't overreact. Also, as great as Walton is, he was clearly a step slow. I think if Walton would have been 100% we would have run more and probably worn them out in the second half.

That's a solid DL at a Duke. It wasn't a good performance overall, but don't overreact. Also, as great as Walton is, he was clearly a step slow.

If u go back and watch Toledo and Bcu he made a bunch of those long runs on his own. People don't notice because they just seen the Walton breaking a long run. There's only a few runs where the ol just blew people off the ball.

It is what it is, the old will struggle at times run blocking. Pass blocking they seem to be ok. They're just finesse.

Walton looked like he was at about 85% to start the game and 75% by the time he went down. He normally makes the o line look better but the fact he was dinged allowed Duke's Defense to be more aggressive because he didn't have the explosiveness to make Duke play more conservative.

Several times early in the game Walton was a step or two from breaking into the second level for a more substantial result and went down for a short gain. If he was a 100% those 2 and 3 yard gains would have been 10+.

Homer still lacks the vision to make defenses pay consistently but is capable of big plays if he makes it past the first level, which he proved last night.

Donaldson had a tough night with Ramsay but he held his own.

Advertisement
A huge OL that has trouble getting push vs smaller DL. This is something that has to change at some point.

Advertisement
Back