RUn Defense vs Nebraska

Whatever happened to the middle linebacker just looking over and calling out the play while the rest of the defense begins to line up?

Advertisement
This is a huge game on so many levels. I feel if we win, will be in most games this year.If we lose expect the same tanking after the FSU game.

If I am Nebraska I run an uptempo Offense against us. It doesnt matter if its run or pass we cannot defend any team with a pulse that wants to go uptempo. We cant get set quick enough and D'Onofrio cant get the call in quick enough.

From this staff's opening game against Maryland that has been the case. They still haven't figured it out either. It is quite pathetic.

That's exactly what Nebraska should do. They'd destroy us going up tempo mixing run with Armstrong's accurate passing. Jason Driskell, a total bum who had never taken a snap and locked in on one read, carved us up.

Advertisement
Nebraska throws more this year.......expect them to Gash us and Slice up our Secondary!

"Teams that run well and pass well have an unfair advantage against me." Mark D'Onofrio

Yup, their HC doesn't fit their personnel, but he's still doing it his way. BYU, not exactly known as a defensive juggernaut kept them around 125 yards rushing. Against S. Alabama, they still threw for more yards. Unless Armstrong is different than last year, he's not even an average passer. That doesn't mean he won't have a field day with our defense, but they don't scare me in the slightest offensively. The wild card is always what we allow by lining up before the snap.

Short and sweet, those predictions of getting run up and down the field on, there's nothing to suggest that'll be their game plan. This isn't old Nebraska, there's not AA, they've had problems (by their typical standard) running the ball, and that's not their coaches style. Against an Al Golden coached team though, all that makes sense often flies out the window.

Advertisement
Back