Rumph's guests

Advertisement
Feel bad for rumph man... at the end of the day what can you do? Ain't nobody recruited Edwards harder than Miami and yet Edwards is still trying to go to uf who didn't even send a position coach to see him. You can blame rumph all you want but some of these decisions just don't make sense. We got a few dbs that will be drafted and each played by far their best seasons ever. It is what it is

Last edited:
Feel bad for rumph man... at the end of the day what can you do? Ain't nobody recruited Edwards than Miami and yet Edwards is still trying to go to uf who didn't even send a position coach to see him. You can blame rumph all you want but some of these decisions just don't make sense. We got a few dbs that will be drafted and each played by far their best seasons ever. It is what it is

If Edwards is in fact this naive, UF can have him. Imagine how badly the option or play action pass would confuse him.

Advertisement
Tomorrow should be interesting. If we can land at least 1 of the 2 I will be happy.

Yep, I take either Herb or Deon, they would help solidify the class for sure.

my guy.jpg

This is Coach Rich's loss for gambling. He hired a High School coach that has the potential to be a great coach (look what he did year 1 for us)
but lacks the track record to prove recruits anything. If a corner is going based off of track records he is obviously not a good option BUT if the kid thinks a little he will realize that The U is where it's at and he will get in the league because of Rumph. I think this is a year 1 down for corner recruiting, but once our players start producing and making it to the league then we won't have this issue (look at DT recruiting, WR, OL and even QB)

It's not just lack of experience,he was a stud cb here and played in the nfl,that should be more than enough to get kids attention but something is just missing with Rumph.Either his personality or something else and eventually we'll all find out.

That whole "he played in the NFL" thing is garbage. Doesn't mean anything. Just cause you were talented enough to play in the NFL doesn't mean you can coach and/or develop players. Matter of fact, former NFL studs are some of the worst coaches cause they can't see things from outside of their ultra talented bubble.

Unfortunately for us right now, Rumph is a 1st time position coach and UF currently has two CB's projected in the 1st round of the upcoming draft. That's a losing battle for us.

Ya but Gray only coached them 1 year as well

Touche'.

I still bet they're pulling the "we developed two 1st round CB's" card.

Unfortunately, kids eat that **** up.

All that talk we heard last week about "nobody recruited Edwards harder than Miami" and this MF gonna choose UF?

Advertisement
This is Coach Rich's loss for gambling. He hired a High School coach that has the potential to be a great coach (look what he did year 1 for us)
but lacks the track record to prove recruits anything. If a corner is going based off of track records he is obviously not a good option BUT if the kid thinks a little he will r
ealize that The U is where it's at and he will get in the league because of Rumph. I think this is a year 1 down for corner recruiting, but once our players start producing and making it to the league then we won't have this issue (look at DT recruiting, WR, OL and even QB)

It's not just lack of experience,he was a stud cb here and played in the nfl,that should be more than enough to get kids attention but something is just missing with Rumph.Either his personality or something else and eventually we'll all find out.

Hes not some up beat, d*ck rider type of guy...hes kind of laid back. When he played here non eof these kids could even run...they have no idea who he is to be honest. To be honest he should of been a GA..then earned his way up if you would ask me

I like him but I couldn't see him sitting in some kid's living room trying to sell him on Miami. Like you said, he's real laid back. He's cool but not really a bundle of personality.

In all honesty I don't care about Edwards anywhere near as much as I do Henderson.

Columbus kid, elite speed, and elite size. Kid from a school in the heart of Dade county that represents the type of kid that's been getting away all too frequently the last 10 years.

Tomorrow is all about Henderson to me. Saban liked him which is all I need to know about his upside as a DB.

Richt is making A LOT of money. He's making A LOT of money to keep kids like this from leaving. I know the Don Bailey Jr sunshine pumpers will have their roladex of excuses handy if we whiff on him...but none of them will be valid. Missing on this kid would be a huge failure.

Let's go Mark...make up for your ****** play calling by pulling in this elite local talent.

Advertisement
Back