Rumph on recruiting?

OzarCaneSaw

Super Fan 99
Twan Russell
‏@TwanRussell
Mike Rumph just said the Canes aren't doing enough to recruit. Hmm, he is a HS coach that has won 2 HS titles in 2 years. He would know.

Golden_exasperated_face.0.jpg

Advertisement
He also said out of state schools are at functions other than football for these kids and Miami is nowhere to be found.

Advertisement
Golden doesn't give a RAT'S ### about Miami or recruiting for Miami. He hates it here and could care less about this program. All he is doing is collecting checks.

Weren't the staff on S. Michel since the 8th grade and T. Gibson since the 9th grade, D. Snelson since the 9th grade? He must be talking about the other south Florida high school teams.

Told you they visited that school maybe 4 times the whole calender year.

Each coach has districts within the tri county area. I dont see any reason why they cant rotate their school visits throughout the year. You would be able to touch an american heritage, miramar, st.thomas, hallandale at least twice a month. All the while touching a boyd anderson, plantation, etc. at least once a month. You develop a feeder county. ****, we dont even have a feeder school!

Instead you end up with schools spending long gaps without hearing from them.

Advertisement
Weren't the staff on S. Michel since the 8th grade and T. Gibson since the 9th grade, D. Snelson since the 9th grade? He must be talking about the other south Florida high school teams.

Sony was actually recruited by Shannon's staff since then. Gibson and Snelson received letters and the coaches said hi when they visited. When actual recruiting starts for those kids they realize that the staff wasnt really showing as much attention.

Advertisement
Eagerly awaiting to hear AG, or anybody from the U, repudiate Rumph's statement publicly. I'm sure that will go over well.

Three Mile Island, Love Canal and Chernobyl all rolled into one. Worst recruiting season in the history of the program.

Shots fired!!

Love it...preach on Mr. Rumph.

Golden will not last another recruiting cycle...get your licks in now!

From out outsider of SFla, what is "enough" to recruit then? I got sucked into following taking peeks into the recruiting articles and read to where a number of players have said that "Miami is recruiting me the hardest". So if some of the recruits are saying that Miami is recruiting them the hardest, is that truly enough, or is more needed?

If more is needed, then what is it? The boat has likely sailed in SFla for Golden, but one would think that Rumph (or others, like Ice Harris) would have shared some insight with the staff. Just saying...

Advertisement
How hard to them means how often are the coaches trying to contact them. Just bc I have a salesman coming by my house everyday doesn't mean I'm going to buy from him if I know he's selling bull****. Now if a different Salesman comes by and treats me the right way and I trust him and his product then I buying from him. I don't care that the other guy came by twice as much.

Rumph said these other coaches actions and how they recruit them means a lot to the kids going by their track or basketball practice. Our coaches don't do that according to him. But they are probably blowing their phone up everyday.

I'm convinced Golden is clueless.

Most staffs down here now hate these two or think they're fake and goofy, that's the sad truth.

Advertisement
Back