Rumph not all in on Butch

fincane

Senior
Rumph on some fans' Butch Davis obsession: "The mentality has changed. They need a coach that is up on the future."

Interview on QAM. From Matt Porter's twitter.

Advertisement
If we don't get Butch, I'm just as happy with Herman, and I give Fuente a B+, so I won't call Rumph a f@qqot.

Advertisement
I can ride with Rumph ... Unless he followed that up by saying, "Mario is the guy" ...

Advertisement
Who did Rumph suggest? If the name "Mario" came out of his mouth at any point other than to say "If UM hires Mario it should fold the program", then his opinion should be disregarded.

I wish someone would say to these guys, Rumph, Pbuch, Ed Reed, etc. You all played for Davis, Schiano, Stoops, and Pagano. Of those four, who would make the best Canes coach right now?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who did Rumph suggest? If the name "Mario" came out of his mouth at any point other than to say "If UM hires Mario it should fold the program", then his opinion should be disregarded.

This. It's fine if he isn't all-in on Butch, so long as his list of candidates isn't comprised of potatoes. However, it seems like the anti-Butch people tend to be pro-Schiano/Chud/Mario.

He gets it.

No one has EVER won trying to repeat the past.

K-State and Louisville says hi.

What do they have to show for it?

you do realize that Snyder came back to a putrid program, don't you. The fact that he was able to come back and put up a 66% winning pct with three teams ranked in the top 20 to end the season, be in the discussion of the BCS title game, and actually play in a BCS bowl game all the while having an avg. class ranking of 74th in the nation is pretty dog on amazing.

All Petrino did was go 9-4 in his first AFTER losing the star qb to the draft, the star running back to injuries, and his star WR to injuries. All he did was have a swarming defense. He's 3-4 this year b/c the cupboard is empty.

The point was coaches coming back and re-creating magic. I gave you two sample size examples of where it can absolutely be done.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back