(RUMOR) Joe Brady hired

"playing too much into analytics (...) they're super conservative"

That does not make any sense, his criticism was that he called too many pass plays and now he is too conservative? Thats a massive contradiction.
if you think "conservative" only relates to running the ball then you just don't understand football my friend

Advertisement
good for him and good for oregon, will he be calling plays?

I'm not talking about his future, I'm talking the FACTS about his past, that is all.
You’re saying he wasn’t seriously being considered for head coaching gigs this past offseason. If he’s seriously being considered now, it’s not because of what he did at half a season in Carolina

This is pretty simple and you guys are making it complicated. He helped put up record breaking numbers which vaulted him to the NFL, where he flamed out, which happens. (Hi Steve Spurrier and Dennis Erickson). But if the latter doesn't happen, he's not a candidate here. So you magically want like a top NFL OC to take a massive pay cut and come back to college? I mean what do you realistically want?
I want Briles, Lebby, Kittley, Anae, Herman, Mullen. All are more proven and some are probably realistic.

Advertisement
"playing too much into analytics (...) they're super conservative"

That does not make any sense, his criticism was that he called too many pass plays and now he is too conservative? Thats a massive contradiction.
It's not a "bombs away" Air Coryell offence. It's a WCO variant - lots of short passes in-front of the sticks, expecting the receiver to pick up YAC.

If those throws aren't on time etc that YAC disappears and suddenly you're Teddy Bridgewater throwing it 4 yards on 3rd and 9.

He was Passing Game Coordinator at LSU and was not primary play caller. He did apparently call 3rd Down and Red Zone plays.

He's never recruited before and apparently doesn't like to.

He's never been a high level QB or QB coach.

NFL pedigree and helped create the most explosive passing game in the history of college football.

As long as he is paired with a QB guru and ace recruiters he would be an absolute monster hire. If he's left to groom TVD on his own, let's wait and see.

Brady doesn't sound like a Mario hire though, at least not based on the assumptions we've made about Mario's offense.

I just read an ESPN article about Brady's firing and Carolina rushed it 39 times in 2 games . . . Rhule said he wanted 30-33 rushes/game. Maybe Mario wants to change or wants a guy to fit TVD's strength, but if Brady is pass first, that may not play with what we assume of Cristobal's tendencies offensively (conservative, run-heavy, physical, etc.).
Mario said in his presser that he wants to fit system to personnel. If he’s being honest about that, then our team is better suited for a Brady offense. He’s got the QB and skill guys and a pass pro OL. Brady would be a 2 year guy tops. Go with Brady to maximize TVD while he remakes the roster over a few recruiting cycles

Advertisement
It's not a "bombs away" Air Coryell offence. It's a WCO variant - lots of short passes in-front of the sticks, expecting the receiver to pick up YAC.

If those throws aren't on time etc that YAC disappears and suddenly you're Teddy Bridgewater throwing it 4 yards on 3rd and 9.
Welcome to Rhules offense.

Welcome to Teddy Bridgewater.

And thats on Brady? lol

There are many examples of great college coaches, particularly coordinators, that simply don't translate to the NFL. **** Chip Kelly was going to revolutionize the modern NFL offense at one time. So was Spurrier. My hesitations stem from reports that he was slow getting plays in and slow to adjust to defenses on game days. He might have just bitten off too much too soon. It happens. Or it might have been scapegoating and sour grapes from bad players on a bad team.

I'd also be curious to see who we'd bring in as the actual QB coach and how they'd mesh with Brady's scheme.
Nick Saban.

don't go down that road and post actual statistics and facts.

All the brady slurpers were after @CanesNation26 and I for speaking the truth about the brady skepticism a little while ago
It still is a good hire IMO. I am not completely sold on him but you have to think Josh McDaniels who I think is a very good OC could not squeeze anything else out of Cam. Panthers lost their #1 weapon in McAffrey, DJ Moore is a stud WR but not much else after and Darnold has been a bust. There are some instances where an OC holds players back and others where the players hold back an OC. This may very well be the latter.

He was Passing Game Coordinator at LSU and was not primary play caller. He did apparently call 3rd Down and Red Zone plays.

He's never recruited before and apparently doesn't like to.

He's never been a high level QB or QB coach.

NFL pedigree and helped create the most explosive passing game in the history of college football.

As long as he is paired with a QB guru and ace recruiters he would be an absolute monster hire. If he's left to groom TVD on his own, let's wait and see.
And call me crazy but I'd trust Mario to sort all that out..

Advertisement
Tenzer Kid ran his big mouth on social media and mocked Sean T death but hid and locked himself in a car when Hialeah canes fans rolled up on his *** at UF 2019 tailgate Lmfaoo
😂😂😂
Screenshot_20211207-172609_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
Brady doesn't sound like a Mario hire though, at least not based on the assumptions we've made about Mario's offense.

I just read an ESPN article about Brady's firing and Carolina rushed it 39 times in 2 games . . . Rhule said he wanted 30-33 rushes/game. Maybe Mario wants to change or wants a guy to fit TVD's strength, but if Brady is pass first, that may not play with what we assume of Cristobal's tendencies offensively (conservative, run-heavy, physical, etc.).

Yeah, it's a departure from his usual OCs - right @Liberty City El ?

I like Brady and I think a year in the pros provided some real good training. Hopefully he got a lot of on-the-job training there instead of here. lol

That said, I do worry about his youth and inexperience at situational playcalling. Between the 20s, I'm sure he'll be fine. Curious how we'll use our RBs with him as OC.

It does because thats how the term is used for playcalling for a very very long time.
no, it's really not. it's one way someone might be conservative; it's definitely not all of them. i'm a titans fan- up until this year arthur smith was our offensive coordinator. we ran a hugely run-heavy offense but there's no earthly way you could call him a conservative playcaller.

It still is a good hire IMO. I am not completely sold on him but you have to think Josh McDaniels who I think is a very good OC could not squeeze anything else out of Cam. Panthers lost their #1 weapon in McAffrey, DJ Moore is a stud WR but not much else after and Darnold has been a bust. There are some instances where an OC holds players back and others where the players hold back an OC. This may very well be the latter.
Cam pre-snap sucks. I have no idea how he managed to stay in the league for this long, but when a rookie QB outperforms you in training camp with the backup offensive line on blitz pickups, theres something really wrong.

Advertisement
Back