(RUMOR) Joe Brady hired

He's a questionable OC because he has never had ONE successful year as a play-caller. Not one time. Zero. Zilch. Nada. None.
If I had to make a list with first-time playcallers who worked out in the last three years, i wouldnt be done in an hour. So theres that.

Theres also more to being an OC than playcalling, but... oh well

Advertisement
He wasn’t going to become elite with that type of talent in Carolina. He was Elite in what he did at LSU. Was rewarded with a 3 year contract and won the top Assistant Coach award. Parlayed that into the OC of an NFL team. There is only 32 of them in the world I would say that’s elite.
he can be great, my only point is he hasn't been yet. you're getting way too defensive pal. If he's a family friend then I haven't shown any disrespect.

however i'm not going to sit here and pretend he's been excellent after watching him call plays for the last two years either.

I hope we get him and I hope he kills it, just saying there are question marks. I get that you have rose colored glasses on, but nothing I'm saying is biased or unfair.

1638919487538.png

you have no idea what you're talking about if you think he was a serious candidate after 1 year as an OC in the NFL(with underwhelming results), I'll leave at that because I'm confident you guys aren't educated on this.

I digress, you guys are right. Joe brady is the greatest playcaller to ever walk the earth
Joe Brady is third in Vegas odds to become Oregons next head coach

Did you watch LSU with Burrow? That’s the scheme.
I'm just quoting the article. I think we can both agree that what we saw at LSU and what we saw in Carolina wasn't the same....only question is why, and what will we see in Gables if he comes here as OC

Who tf told you that Epstein was the only that went behind Soffer’s back in ‘18??? Who’s the one that kept telling you guys that there was infighting and cribby confirmed it? Where do you think I got that? My magic 8 ball?

I’m sure the maudes can happily confirm that for you if you’d like…
Lmao.

Dat boy connected!

Advertisement
Brady doesn't sound like a Mario hire though, at least not based on the assumptions we've made about Mario's offense.

I just read an ESPN article about Brady's firing and Carolina rushed it 39 times in 2 games . . . Rhule said he wanted 30-33 rushes/game. Maybe Mario wants to change or wants a guy to fit TVD's strength, but if Brady is pass first, that may not play with what we assume of Cristobal's tendencies offensively (conservative, run-heavy, physical, etc.).

There are many examples of great college coaches, particularly coordinators, that simply don't translate to the NFL. **** Chip Kelly was going to revolutionize the modern NFL offense at one time. So was Spurrier. My hesitations stem from reports that he was slow getting plays in and slow to adjust to defenses on game days. He might have just bitten off too much too soon. It happens. Or it might have been scapegoating and sour grapes from bad players on a bad team.

I'd also be curious to see who we'd bring in as the actual QB coach and how they'd mesh with Brady's scheme.

Advertisement
This is pretty simple and you guys are making it complicated. He helped put up record breaking numbers which vaulted him to the NFL, where he flamed out, which happens. (Hi Steve Spurrier and Dennis Erickson). But if the latter doesn't happen, he's not a candidate here. So you magically want like a top NFL OC to take a massive pay cut and come back to college? I mean what do you realistically want?

Who tf told you that Epstein was the only that went behind Soffer’s back in ‘18??? Who’s the one that kept telling you guys that there was infighting and cribby confirmed it? Where do you think I got that? My magic 8 ball?

I’m sure the maudes can happily confirm that for you if you’d like…

Same guy that told you Nunez turned us down because no one wants to work here?

Advertisement
If I had to make a list with first-time playcallers who worked out in the last three years, i wouldnt be done in an hour. So theres that.

Theres also more to being an OC than playcalling, but... oh well
If I had to make a list of first-time playcallers who didn't work out in the last three years, I wouldn't be done in an hour.

Also, he's not a first-time playcaller. He called plays for the first time at Carolina and he failed.

The most important role of any OC is playcalling. It's more important than scheme, I'd argue.

Advertisement
he can be great, my only point is he hasn't been yet. you're getting way too defensive pal. If he's a family friend then I haven't shown any disrespect.

however i'm not going to sit here and pretend he's been excellent after watching him call plays for the last two years either.

I hope we get him and I hope he kills it, just saying there are question marks. I get that you have rose colored glasses on, but nothing I'm saying is biased or unfair.

View attachment 166554
"playing too much into analytics (...) they're super conservative"

That does not make any sense, his criticism was that he called too many pass plays and now he is too conservative? Thats a massive contradiction.

Brady doesn't sound like a Mario hire though, at least not based on the assumptions we've made about Mario's offense.

I just read an ESPN article about Brady's firing and Carolina rushed it 39 times in 2 games . . . Rhule said he wanted 30-33 rushes/game. Maybe Mario wants to change or wants a guy to fit TVD's strength, but if Brady is pass first, that may not play with what we assume of Cristobal's tendencies offensively (conservative, run-heavy, physical, etc.).
Cristobal said he's got the best QB in the country on his roster. Maybe he wants to take advantage of that.

Advertisement
Back