(RUMOR) Joe Brady hired

Advertisement
don't get defensive pal. Your friend could be an excellent OC. My only point is that he hasn't been one yet and I was hoping when we chose mario over lane that we would hire 2 elite coordinators

this would not count as "elite" because he hasn't been an "elite" coordinator YET, he could be though for sure
He wasn’t going to become elite with that type of talent in Carolina. He was Elite in what he did at LSU. Was rewarded with a 3 year contract and won the top Assistant Coach award. Parlayed that into the OC of an NFL team. There is only 32 of them in the world I would say that’s elite.

Advertisement
It's the other way round.

He let Brady have full control. The iOL can't pass block to save their lives, but they can run block (well, they're much better at it than pass blocking).

Rhule has stepped in the last few weeks to try to get Brady to run the ball more - that's his DNA and that's what he'll go back to with his next OC hire.
Its **** compared to ****. Their O-Line is pathetic and not up to NFL standards.

And I can only repeat, this isnt Bradys offense. Its Rhules offense and Brady just calls it pass-heavy. Rhule wants to run more, which is his first step into getting fired.

None of us who are questioning Brady are ignoring his work at LSU. We're just simply pointing out that his contribution has been overstated by many in the media and many on this board.

Pros at LSU:
- He modernized Esminger's scheme
- He helped gameplan
- I believe he called a few plays, but not many

He did not, however, and I repeat for emphasis, HE DID NOT CALL PLAYS. Instead he helped gameplan for the most stacked offensive roster in CFB history. His only playcalling experience was at Carolina and he failed, rather spectacularly.

Hopefully his scheme is more effective in college. Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes in Carolina. Hopefully Carolina's talent really held him back.

But again, just to be clear: Joe Brady has never once had a successful season as a play-caller. Not one **** time.
and to piggy back on this... I, along with many of us on here only wanted mario if he was going to bring 2 elite coordinators with him. as Lane or Aranda or someone like that would be able to handle duties on one side of the ball

getting mario and getting a question mark coordinator is a little bit deflating for us that are not sold fully on mario's gameday x's and o's.

Brady may absolutely light it up and I hope he does. However when they said $8 million for staffers? I was thinking bigger than Brady and I think most on here were too before he started getting linked to us

Advertisement
Its not even his offense. Its Rhules offense and he wants to run the ball behind an O-Line who cant run block to save their life.
No sir, according to 407 it’s all Joes fault and he isn’t elite. Don’t you make sense, hire a guy who runs a spread and modern O to be your OC then tell him to go back to the dialup internet O.

Darnold was one of the worst 1st round prospects I have ever seen in my life. What was hilarious is that the Jets got rid of darnold only to draft darnold again with Wilson. Guy is out there ruining careers for OCs
And then they bring in Cam Newton to lead them to the promised land.

Advertisement
The whole SEC right now:

Panic Button Netflix GIF by NailedIt
Scared Fear GIF by South Park

200.gif
200.gif
Post of the year quality.

What say you, @nystateofmind

Advertisement
No sir, according to 407 it’s all Joes fault and he isn’t elite. Don’t you make sense, hire a guy who runs a spread and modern O to be your OC then tell him to go back to the dialup internet O.
Brady was getting interviews for HC jobs last year and now he is a questionable OC because Matt Rhule is bad at his job. Go figure.

Advertisement
Back