(RUMOR) Joe Brady hired

Advertisement
Fiiiiiiine, I'll pull up a chair.

Being a Panthers fan I've obviously watched every snap.

@gogeta4 **** on the skill position players in Charlotte, but Moore and Anderson are a good 1/2. Marshall is talented, however, he's not really produced yet and I have high hopes for Smith and Tremble too. Hubbard and Abdullah can play at RB as well. There's enough talent in that group to score more than we have been doing.

Yes, you miss McCaffrey, he's the only mismatch player on the roster, but your offence can't tank when he's not available.

I'm higher on Darnold than most, but his play fell off a cliff after the first four weeks - that's because his iOL was dreadful and got him killed. He's been playing injured for most of the season (he's on IR now with a broken shoulder blade - he missed time with a concussion too).

I'm not saying Brady can't be a good College OC - **** we saw he could be with LSU - but he wasn't able to adjust at the NFL level with the pieces he was given against opposition coaches that eat, sleep and drink film. Go watch the Cowboys or the Vikings film - you literally have CBs running the routes for the WRs because the DC KNEW what was coming.

He's 32, he's evidently not McVay, but he has time to improve. Maybe this is the perfect place for him to do that?
yeah, this sounds about right. he's not a slam dunk; he's a young coach who has seen some high highs and low lows. miami could be a good landing spot for him, especially with the pieces we have in place, but he's not a sure thing. then again, nobody is.

brady didn't even call the plays at LSU- he was a co-coordinator. not saying at all that he wasn't a major contributor to LSU's success in 2019, and not saying i wouldn't take him here, but i don't think his record as an offensive coordinator and playcaller is nearly as much of a slam dunk as some people think it is. add in that he's known to not like recruiting, and there are definitely questions, imo.
Link to that info?

that doesn't mean I'm wrong and you guys are right

he did, he jumped form job to job to job in 2 years and fell on his face. Rhule did the same thing, call it weasel or whatever but they climb the ranks as quick as they can and it usually shows itself

AGAIN because reading comprehension is hard for you guys, I'm not hating on brady and he can be GREAT here, IDK, I'm just saying you can't know for sure because he's never been successful as an OC

but you guys are OVERSTATING his impact and playcalling abilities dramatically

I watched every single panther game start to finish, the playcalling was lackluster. 2019 LSU was great but he called plays very seldomly and had an OC holding his hand along with a superstar QB, 2 WR, and OL.

can he be great here yes? I'm not trolling, but I'm also not an idiot and I'm not going to drool over a dude who's only been an OC once and was not good at it

If you watched every single Panther game start to finish, then you are fully aware just how BAD Sam Darnold is. He'll be out of the league in 2 years. The corpse of Cam Newton is already hanging on by a thread. Mind you, that's WITH a good receiving corp in DJ, Anderson, and Marshall.

Brady me.

@gogeta4 **** on the skill position players in Charlotte, but Moore and Anderson are a good 1/2. Marshall is talented, however, he's not really produced yet and I have high hopes for Smith and Tremble too. Hubbard and Abdullah can play at RB as well. There's enough talent in that group to score more than we have been doing.

Yes, you miss McCaffrey, he's the only mismatch player on the roster, but your offence can't tank when he's not available.

I'm higher on Darnold than most, but his play fell off a cliff after the first four weeks - that's because his iOL was dreadful and got him killed. He's been playing injured for most of the season (he's on IR now with a broken shoulder blade - he missed time with a concussion too).

I'm not saying Brady can't be a good College OC - **** we saw he could be with LSU - but he wasn't able to adjust at the NFL level with the pieces he was given against opposition coaches that eat, sleep and drink film. Go watch the Cowboys or the Vikings film - you literally have CBs running the routes for the WRs because the DC KNEW what was coming.

He's 32, he's evidently not McVay, but he has time to improve. Maybe this is the perfect place for him to do that?
Which is why he would come here. You don't go from NFL OC and even getting legit HC interviews back to college OC if you're not going back to the drawing board a little. And the reality is if he didn't flame out in Carolina we wouldn't be having this conversation about him maybe coming here so.. it is what it is.

Advertisement

this ^

grew up in charlotte, die hard panthers fan. I WANTED to like brady, and I would take him with the canes, but he hasn't shown to be a "savior" that the board believes, at least he hasn't YET

I hope he can and I think he can, but it's fair to say that he hasn't proven to be "elite" or what a big university that is looking to spend big $$ is looking for

Advertisement

he did, he jumped form job to job to job in 2 years and fell on his face. Rhule did the same thing, call it weasel or whatever but they climb the ranks as quick as they can and it usually shows itself

AGAIN because reading comprehension is hard for you guys, I'm not hating on brady and he can be GREAT here, IDK, I'm just saying you can't know for sure because he's never been successful as an OC

I watched every single panther game start to finish, the playcalling was lackluster. 2019 LSU was great but he called plays very seldomly and had an OC holding his hand along with a superstar QB, 2 WR, and OL.

can he be great here yes? I'm not trolling, but I'm also not an idiot and I'm not going to drool over a dude who's only been an OC once and was not good at it
Rhule took an obvious promotion each time - 4 years at Temple, building them from the ground up and 3 years at Baylor building them from ashes.

The Panthers fan base has turned on him quickly - but that's mainly 'cos Carolinans appear to be morons.

Good thing we are a college team and have no NFL teams on schedule for foreseeable future

Advertisement
and I thought I was done with CIS for the day
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Rhule took an obvious promotion each time - 4 years at Temple, building them from the ground up and 3 years at Baylor building them from ashes.

The Panthers fan base has turned on him quickly - but that's mainly 'cos Carolinans appear to be morons.
that's a fair assessment. I think rhule shouldn't have fired brady fwiw, but I also don't think he should have hired him.

Rhule hiring two college guys (Snow as DC) and Brady (passing game coordinator) for coordinator positions in the nfl was baffling. Snow is working out nicely, I think Brady could have with the right pieces, oh well back to square 1 in carolina

He was given the opportunity to advance his career quickly and you hating? Your panthers team is trash cause your GM built around a RB who can’t stay healthy. No OC is going to have much success with that, Sam D, Cam Newton, a bunch of #2 WR and blahh TE.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back