NFL Rules are rules BUT they can also be flexible

MainLineCane

No More Excuses / Time to win
This is an example of an institution with long existing rules being made flexible to accomodate a situation.

You've got to value your assets and sometimes doing what's best for them or one ....betters the entire institution

he benefits and so will the USN. Congrats

Advertisement
This has happened a few times before correct? David Robinson being the most notable with others like USFA's Chad Henning.

Good stuff

Last edited:
Interesting how they process these types of situations - most recent example I can think of is Noah Song when he was drafted by the Red Sox. He was unilaterally denied the same type of waiver / request.

Not that I have a feeling one way or the other - these young men made the choice to attend one of the service academies which is a testament to them - and they know full well that they have a service obligation upon completing their time at the academy.

I don't have a feeling one way or the other on the situation - but wouldn't you think there would be some consistency to the process? I think it would lend some clarity to the draft value of service academy prospects.

This is an example of an institution with long existing rules being made flexible to accomodate a situation.

You've got to value your assets and sometimes doing what's best for them or one ....betters the entire institution

he benefits and so will the USN. Congrats

Its actually generates some incredibly strong opinions amongst the Academy crowds.

Exceptions sure, but it has created far more chaos, even given the very few instances there have been considering, than its worth in some/most people's opinions.

Henning wasn't typical. case. He went staright to AD, served for several years, then went reserves due to post Iraq Way I drawdown.

Even though the Cowboys drafyed him. late, he wasn't allowed to go to the team fue to his USAFA commitment.

Interesting how they process these types of situations - most recent example I can think of is Noah Song when he was drafted by the Red Sox. He was unilaterally denied the same type of waiver / request.

Not that I have a feeling one way or the other - these young men made the choice to attend one of the service academies which is a testament to them - and they know full well that they have a service obligation upon completing their time at the academy.

I don't have a feeling one way or the other on the situation - but wouldn't you think there would be some consistency to the process? I think it would lend some clarity to the draft value of service academy prospects.
I have no clue how they decide who to waive and who to make serve immediately, but the Song decision sucked. I saw him pitch live his sophomore year and he has a BRIGHT future. Has 2 big league ready pitches. Missing a couple of years during his prime could really stunt his progression. I always saw him as a quick riser and a September call up by the end of his second year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back