Rule of thumb for scheduling from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.
If even Al Golden would have a less than 5% chance of losing to a team you schedule, don't schedule that team.

No more Bethune Cookmans, no more FAMUs or FCS teams, except maybe North Dakota State. No more FIUs, Arkansas States or FAUs either. And very rarely if ever Toledo.

For OOCs, I would say no more than 2 tune-up games, 1 low level P5, and 1 Major P5.

Advertisement
LOL go play NCAA Football 08 and make the schedule and submit it to Blake James

I don't have a problem with G5 teams, but we should not play FCS teams ever.

This. We need our tune-up games to be actual tune-ups against legit FBS level athletes. The games against FCS teams are glorified walk throughs. That's no tune-up, and IMHO doesn't help that much. Teams like Toledo, and FAU are ideal cupcakes to play. Two of them and two legit programs make for the ideal OOC schedule for me. If we want a somewhat easier OOC schedule then play two of these FBS cupcakes, a Vanderbilt or Indiana crap type power 5 program, and 1 legit OOC team.

We should play either 4 Power 5 teams every year, or play 1 group of 5 team and 3 Power 5 teams. There is room for one cupcake vs a group of 5 team. But never more than 1 group of 5 team.

And we should never play an FCS team- end of story, period.

Advertisement
We should play either 4 Power 5 teams every year, or play 1 group of 5 team and 3 Power 5 teams. There is room for one cupcake vs a group of 5 team. But never more than 1 group of 5 team.

And we should never play an FCS team- end of story, period.

The delusion is strong with this one

im actually cool with us playing these weaker teams away earlier in the season.

gives our team, especially the younger guys, a chance to get their feet wet traveling and playing a road game without having to risk a loss. i'd prefer we do one of these every year so long as it's among the first couple games.

Advertisement
I would like to see one of these weaker G5 home and homes replaced with a notable P5 home and home in the future. Maybe a big 10 team or a west coast team we rarely see. Otherwise, I don't have an issue with playing occasional cupcakes. Having a super tough strength of schedule means nothing unless you're contending for a playoff spot. Miami's not quite there just yet. It's nice having a tune up game early in the year. Especially when you're breaking in a new quarterback.

Sort of porst I would expect from someone with the username, dollarbill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back