Rule changes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Taking away commercial time is taking away their money. Pffft. They want to speed up the game so they can have MORE commercial breaks.

"to address tactics that attempt to pin the receiving team close to its goal line,"

Such an outrageous strategy.

The proposed fair catch rule will simply lead to more line drive or semi line drive kickoffs.

Advertisement
If you want to hurry up and get games over with, then you’re not really a college football fan; you’re a dirty faygala. I wish the games would last 6 hours. We get two months of the best sport in the world, and nerd pvssies are trying to rush it along.

Same ***** who complain about too many bowl games like someone’s forcing them to skip Real Housewives of River Rouge to watch the games. Bytch, if you don’t want to watch, then turn the channel.

If they wanted to hurry up the games, they would have a running clock, a 20 second play clock, three to's for the game, and a 15 minute half time break.

You could get most games in within 2 hrs including commercials.

Not that I care how long the games last. I love college football. Going to the ND game I got there as they were opening the gates at 3:30. We got outta there around 11:30.

...You think I ever got bored in those 8 hours? xD

If there is any sport that would benefit from getting sped up, it would be baseball. Make the game 7 innings and put a play clock on the pitcher. Probably get that **** done in 2.5 hours that way.

Same thing with NASCAR. If the race is 500 miles, divide it into four sections at 125 miles a piece. Every section, a portion of the competition gets eliminated. Say if there is 40 cars, eliminate 10 per leg. In this way, there is something important at stake every portion of tge race.

Do your commercials during the leg breaks.

That way at the end, there are 10 cars left and its extremely competitive. It will lower the crashes and increase the overall speed of the race.

Golf - IDGAF. Put it on the Golf Channel

Tennis - IDGAF. Put it on the tennis channel.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If they wanted to hurry up the games, they would have a running clock, a 20 second play clock, three to's for the game, and a 15 minute half time break.

Not that I care how long the games last. I love college football. Going to the ND game I got there as they were opening the gates at 3:30. We got outta there around 11:30.

If there is any sport that would benefit from getting sped up, it would be baseball. Make the game 7 innings and put a play clock on the pitcher. Probably get that **** done in 2.5 hours that way.

Same thing with NASCAR. If the race is 500 miles, divide it into four sections at 125 miles a piece. Every section, a portion of the competition gets eliminated. Say if there is 40 cars, eliminate 10 per leg. In this way, there is something important at stake every portion of tge race.

That way at the end, there are 10 cars left and its extremely competitive. It will lower the crashes and increase the overall speed of the race.

Baseball wasn't always this slow. If you watch the pitching duels between Seaver and Kofax (sp) you will see some great, fast, baseball. Complete games, no ******** around on the mound, etc. Plus limited commercials between half and full innings.

If they want to improve the pace of the game, there’s an easy solution. Knock it off with the 450 commercial breaks for christ’s sake.

That won't happen. What they need to do is stop with all the unnecessary reviews. Example in the FSU game, Richards catches a pass for a first down. His knee went down but he was given a couple more yards than he should have gotten. It was still a first down either way so why stop and review for a couple yards. Took away our momemtum and we kicked a FG.

Simplest way to speed up baseball is to do away with batting gloves.Hitters spend 15-20 seconds on EVERY pitch fiddling with them.You multiply that by what 150-200 pitches in an American leave game and your at around 40-45 minutes.See just took care of that problem from my den watching TV.

Advertisement
South Park fans will get this.
6D876EDB-6AEF-4BE8-8F53-DA764C8D3F8E.jpeg

Yes, but they are essentially getting rid of the of the kickoff with rule changes. That was the point.

Uhh, no. Read the article, which reads as follows:

"According to Greg Johnson of NCAA.org, the NCAA Football Rules Committee proposed a rule that would give the kickoff receiving team a touchback on any fair catch inside the 25-yard line."

Such a rule, if adopted, would undeniably increase the propensity for touchbacks, but it would not completely eliminate kickoff returns. It would give the return team a greater opportunity to call for a fair catch or go for the return.

Eliminating kickoff returns altogether would be too drastic of a move right now. Fans, players and coaches would protest. It's an essential part of the game and one of the most electrifying plays in football, which is why it's still around despite its association with injuries. Otherwise they definitely would've been done with it a long time ago.

FWIW, I like the proposed rule. It's a good compromise between those who want to do away with kick returns altogether because of all the injuries and those who still find them an integral part of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhh, no. Read the article, which reads as follows:

"According to Greg Johnson of NCAA.org, the NCAA Football Rules Committee proposed a rule that would give the kickoff receiving team a touchback on any fair catch inside the 25-yard line."

Such a rule, if adopted, would undeniably increase the propensity for touchbacks, but it would not completely eliminate kickoff returns. It would give the return team a greater opportunity to call for a fair catch or go for the return.

Eliminating kickoff returns altogether would be too drastic of a move right now. Fans, players and coaches would protest. It's an essential part of the game and one of the most electrifying plays in football, which is why it's still around despite its association with injuries. Otherwise they definitely would've been done with it a long time ago.

FWIW, I like the proposed rule. It's a good compromise between those who want to do away with kick returns altogether because of all the injuries and those who still find them an integral part of the game.

I read it. Kickoffs are way down, this will reduce it even further, and the kickoffs that are returned aren't as good because the kicking team has such a greater advantage with the ball being moved up.

Advertisement
Back