Ruiz Securities Deal Approved

He's also taking them to his $50m mansion on the water, a nuance that is also not lost on them. What I am curious about is how is everyone saying they made no money, when MSP Recovery was the lead attorney on a certified $10b class action suit against FP&L. Typically, the firm takes home 25-35% of that. If it was not MSP Recovery, then it was his firm. In any case, in some form, one of his businesses is going to get between $2.5 to $3.5 bn in top line revenue. He is doing just fine.

Are we sure he gets 25-35% of the $10B?

The article below discusses a different case from several years ago but states “Ruiz filed the lawsuit and eventually earned more than $10 million in fees in the $3.5 billion settlement, which was among the largest products liability settlements to date.”

Advertisement
Are we sure he gets 25-35% of the $10B?

The article below discusses a different case from several years ago but states “Ruiz filed the lawsuit and eventually earned more than $10 million in fees in the $3.5 billion settlement, which was among the largest products liability settlements to date.”

The industry standard is 25-35%. $10m seems very, very low on a verdict that size.

Look Imo, what you're saying has nothing to do with what I'm actually saying. First of all I'm talking about the short term. Everything you have written is from a long in the future view taken from the perspective they're profitable basically. Second, I have no idea why you are even writing about if/when they report profits the stock price will change? I mean who said otherwise?

In a market where you are operating at a loss, Have little cash reserves, with your stock in the tank, being shorted to death, AND with the current environment over the next possibly 18 months - that is a lot to battle against. In that situation The probability of death certainly is greater than 0%. And the statement that every share shorted HAS TO BE BOUGH BACK is false - The short sellers can win and the company can go bankrupt.

Now did I say they can't/won't make money or become profitable? Did I say they can't cut costs to lengthen their runway? Did I even say they will actually need money? Answer: No.

Jesus Christ on a cracker. Everything I am saying has to do with what you are saying!

Let's do it again, because you're back at it.

"I have no idea why you are even writing about if/when they report profits the stock price will change? I mean who said otherwise?"

YOU! You literally said that because the stock price will be lower in he short-term, it will mean the stock won't end up as high when (if) they book profits. I QUOTED YOU in my post above.

"In a market where you are operating at a loss, Have little cash reserves, with your stock in the tank, being shorted to death, AND with the current environment over the next possibly 18 months - that is a lot to battle against. In that situation The probability of death certainly is greater than 0%."

There you go again. You are conflating meaningful things and irrelevant things to paint a picture that suits your failed argument. I will break down that paragraph inch by inch and destroy it:

"Cash reserves:" meaningful. But unless you are doing a raise, and it's clear they have no reason to or plans to, as they've said as much in all disclosures, nothing has changed there in the last weeks or months. The stock price does not affect cash on hand. So... NOTHING has changed.

"With your stock in the tank...": LOL. There you go again. Trying to paint a dark picture with meaningless FUD. The price of the stock has ZERO AFFECT ON OPERATIONS. If they are going to make $1B in profit in 2023 operationally, they are going to make $1B in profit in 2023 operationally. Whether the stock is at $1 or $20. ESPECIALLY because Ruiz and Quezada own almost the entire company!! And of course the stock will be valued then at a commensurate level of a company that makes $1B. Why do you keep trying to pretend the price of the stock today MATTERS? Again, when/if they produce profits, the market will value the stock appropriately. Until then, the price of the stock is basically meaningless to Ruiz, Quezada, and the company. Only to traders and short term myopic retail suckers. Unless a principal is trying to exit, which obviously no one is/would. You don't have to "battle against" your own stock price IF YOU DON'T HAVE A REASON TO CARE ABOUT YOUR STOCK PRICE RIGHT NOW. Do you not understand? They own almost all of the company!! It's not like the shareholders can fire management for a poor stop price lol. They ARE management.

"Being shorted to death...": LOL. No, let me be more clear... LAUGH OUT F'ING LOUD!!! Explain how being shorted is something they have to "battle against." As I wrote just above, the STOCK PRICE DOESN'T MATTER RIGHT NOW. So the shorts have their way for a while, and when there is a catalyst that raises the price (or sooner) they have to buy back every share which brings the price back up. The ONLY affect this could have on the company is that it could be delisted from NASDAQ and trade OTC for a while. And the only affect that would have on the company, would be to theoretically affect its share price. WHICH WE HAVE ESTABLISHED DOES NOT MATTER RIGHT NOW AS MANAGEMENT OWNS ~95% OF THE COMPANY. When they show a profit, and the share price rises, they could uplist again. Messy, and a bad look, but again, relatively meaningless.

"And with the current environment...": Again, the current environment does not affect their business. The claims are the claims. They aren't trying to source ovens from the supply chain and sell them. The only thing the "current environment" affects is the short-term share price which we have established DOES NOT MATTER RIGHT NOW!!!

"That is a lot to battle against..." AGAIN, NO. You're just trying to paint a dark picture with meaningless things that do not affect the operations in any way. Stop it.

"In that situation The probability of death certainly is greater than 0%." And here is my favorite one lol. Do you think if a stock price hits a certain number the gestapo comes and takes away your company? Or do you think its like Logan's Run where the powers that be send you off to carnival and you die? THE ONLY THING THAT CAN "KILL" THIS COMPANY IS WHETHER THEY CAN CONTINUE TO FUND OPERATIONS. If they end up unprofitable (which NONE of your dark fears affect) then they will cease. But the shorts, the macro, and all your other nonsense have no affect. And NOTHING has changed operationally since the SPAC closed!

"Now did I say they can't/won't make money or become profitable? Did I say they can't cut costs to lengthen their runway? Did I even say they will actually need money? Answer: No."

LOL. Yes, the answer is YES. You literally f'ing said "(they) have little cash reserves" as something they have to "battle against" (lol) that could contribute to their "death" in your post above that I have now quoted twice. You have no idea what their cash reserves are or how deep their pockets are as far being willing to support it if need be.

All they need to do is keep their head down and operate. Show a profit before they run out of money. But being that they were NEVER supposed to be generating revenue yet, NOTHING HAS CHANGED. EVERYTHING OPERATIONALLY IS STILL GOING TO PLAN. THEY STILL OWN THE RIGHTS TO THE CLAIM ASSETS.

My god. Congrats. You got my goat. Now please, for the love of all things holy and tequila... stop.

Nice To Meet You Nicolas Cage GIF by Nordisk Film Finland

Last edited:
Only issue is Ruiz isn’t a Billionaire without MSPR being successful. It’s a business venture - if it fails he will bail. Hope it is wildly successful and 2022 is a huge year for him. He did bail on a venture in Homestead several years ago and the City of Homestead is still trying to collect $300,000 from him.

Prove that, please. I understand differently. From what I understand he's a billionaire without it, possibly twice over. Go research the class-action lawsuits his wholly-owned firm has won, the amounts (spoiler: over $20B in the aggregate), and what his firm's share in those judgements were, then think about how real estate, the stock market, and hedge funds have done in the last few years and then come back and let me know if you still believe what you wrote. He also still owns that successful law firm that is still trying lucrative class actions, has further investments, and owns Cigarette Racing with a partner. If you look at his spending and acquisition patterns, it's very clear the man is LIQUID.

Also, what you wrote about the Homestead deal is really misleading, spinning, and I really just lost a lot of respect for you on this subject. Clear agenda, IMO.

But back to the first part, you just made a concrete absolute statement about "Ruiz (not being) a Billionaire without MSPR being successful."

Show us your work.

Still waiting. Thank you.

Advertisement
I am NOT worried about his few current NIL deals. The CONCERN is UM's ability to have a significant NIL support program for recruits for the 2023, 2024 classes and going forward.
OK - why, then, do you think the guy with the law firm that settles 10 billion dollar cases, and the boat racing company, and the 767, and the 50 million dollar waterfront property, and the… who is currently able to fund all of the NIL deals he wants - even with his new pet project operating at a "substantial" loss - wont be able to do just the same next year, or the year after, or when (fine, if) his pet project starts turning a profit.

Ultimately, though, the success or failure of MSP has little bearing on your CONCERN. Multiple posters here, all of whom have already proven their bona fides on a wide array of insider topics, have stated that there are a number of deep pocketed individuals who are moving like lasagna w/r/t NIL deals. Ruiz is simply the loudest, right now.

Advertisement
I think it’s funny how all these “reporters “ go after Ruiz… almost like they have an agenda against Miami.

I bet if Ruiz was a Bama booster this wouldn’t even be news

For all you stock market gurus, is now the time to buy?
I took a small position yesterday partly for sentimental reasons but also since I think there is legitimate huge upside vs the risk. Almost impossible to time these things perfect but it does feel like we are around the floor and at a decent entry point. If it goes much lower for an extended period he could potentially be delisted and become an OTC penny stock. At that point your whole position is in jeopardy anyway.

Didn’t read this thread yet, but is this worrisome?

Attachments

• FAF3996A-B461-4987-9305-10F9495F5672.jpeg
    FAF3996A-B461-4987-9305-10F9495F5672.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 9166D383-3CBC-4F60-B034-06DA9A950DAC.jpeg
    9166D383-3CBC-4F60-B034-06DA9A950DAC.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 94
Advertisement
Advertisement

Fūck no. If you’ve been keeping up you know it, and I’m not saying that to be a jerk, I’m just saying that - so that you understand that is a solicitation, in other words a lawyer ad. Stuart Mandela so stupid he doesn’t realize that

Fūck no. If you’ve been keeping up you know it, and I’m not saying that to be a jerk, I’m just saying that - so that you understand that is a solicitation, in other words a lawyer ad. Stuart Mandela so stupid he doesn’t realize that
Understood. This is a sphere where I’m out of my depth so I felt compelled to ask some of the more knowledgeable folks on here.

This is why Stewart Mandel is not a business writer.

The law firm is not "investigating". The law firm is SOLICITING potential clients. Now, the government could investigate. But that has not happened.

EDIT: I just saw that @OriginalCanesCanesCanes did a more-than-adequate job of rebutting before I posted. Apologies.

Advertisement
Back