Ruiz Securities Deal Approved

Lots of good discussion here. I'm in the camp that Ruiz's "billionaire" status is, as it currently stands, a complete pipe dream, but that none of that matters for purposes of handing out NIL deals. I'm also deeply, DEEPLY skeptical of Lionheart Capital; the principal of that company has been sued by former business partners many, many times, and it just doesn't feel right to me.

That being said:

1. Ruiz is not currently a billionaire.

2. His status as a billionaire is entirely dependent on whether he hits the revenue projections he outlined prior to MSPR being listed. Nothing else.

3. Ruiz is independently wealthy despite MSPR's current share price. No, he's not a billionaire, but he's done well for himself up to this point.

4. The NIL deals handed out by Ruiz can be entirely funded by #3, and are not at all dependent on #s 1 and 2.

This isn't a case where a guy has the ENTIRETY of his net worth tied to one stock (Bezos, Buffett, Gates, etc.). Ruiz is wealthy enough to be a player in NIL even if MSPR is de-listed, even if that's "only" a couple mil (I'd venture that his net worth is somewhere between $40-$60M).

The issue has become how outspoken he is about NIL deals. You better believe that the nuance above is entirely lost on high school juniors and seniors, and you bet your *** that FSU, UF, UGA, Bama, A&M etc. will use MSPR's current price to cast doubt on Ruiz's ability to follow-through with the deals he's making with Life Wallet.

Irrespective of this post, or any assumptions you may or may not have made, number 4 is the most important issue.

This is why I had a problem with the other porsters, they were implying that he couldn’t fund his current NIL deals. I have no idea if this venture will eventually be a home run or will fade. But I do know he’s done a lot of good in terms of NIL, and is in good shape for the current deals. Will he be a major player two or three years from now? Who knows.

But there is no danger to current NIL, and I still have an issue with why someone would even imply that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lots of good discussion here. I'm in the camp that Ruiz's "billionaire" status is, as it currently stands, a complete pipe dream, but that none of that matters for purposes of handing out NIL deals. I'm also deeply, DEEPLY skeptical of Lionheart Capital; the principal of that company has been sued by former business partners many, many times, and it just doesn't feel right to me.

That being said:

2. His status as a billionaire is entirely dependent on whether he hits the revenue projections he outlined prior to MSPR being listed. Nothing else.

3. Ruiz is independently wealthy despite MSPR's current share price. No, he's not a billionaire, but he's done well for himself up to this point.

4. The NIL deals handed out by Ruiz can be entirely funded by #3, and are not at all dependent on #s 1 and 2.

This isn't a case where a guy has the ENTIRETY of his net worth tied to one stock (Bezos, Buffett, Gates, etc.). Ruiz is wealthy enough to be a player in NIL even if MSPR is de-listed, even if that's "only" a couple mil (I'd venture that his net worth is somewhere between $40-$60M).

The issue has become how outspoken he is about NIL deals. You better believe that the nuance above is entirely lost on high school juniors and seniors, and you bet your *** that FSU, UF, UGA, Bama, A&M etc. will use MSPR's current price to cast doubt on Ruiz's ability to follow-through with the deals he's making with Life Wallet.
Agree with all points. The bigger concern is Life Wallet's ability or inclination going forward to CONTINUE doing MORE NIL programs for the elite athletes being courted by Mario / UM in the 2023 class. That is where I certainly hope that other viable programs come to the forefront soon. I hope Ruiz / MSPR are successful but I don't want to see UM's overall NIL support programs linked exclusively to his successes.

Irrespective of this post, or any assumptions you may or may not have made, number 4 is the most important issue.

This is why I had a problem with the other porsters, they were implying that he couldn’t find his current NIL deals. I have no idea if this venture will eventually be a home run or will fade. But I do know he’s done a lot of good in terms of NIL, and is in good shape for the current deals. Will he be a major player two or three years from now? Who knows.

But there is no danger to current NIL, and I still have an issue with why someone would even imply that.
I doubt that there is ANY risk with the current NIL's ... that would be pocket change for Ruiz. The big picture of NIL support for UM Athletics is MY concern. Does UM have any viable, large scale NIL backers stepping up to the plate? Or is UM going to be dependent exclusively (or to a large degree) on the success of the Ruiz MSPR program in order to CONTINUE inking NIL deals for the class of 2023 and future classes?

That being said:

He's also taking them to his $50m mansion on the water, a nuance that is also not lost on them. What I am curious about is how is everyone saying they made no money, when MSP Recovery was the lead attorney on a certified $10b class action suit against FP&L. Typically, the firm takes home 25-35% of that. If it was not MSP Recovery, then it was his firm. In any case, in some form, one of his businesses is going to get between $2.5 to $3.5 bn in top line revenue. He is doing just fine.

Advertisement
Ok so we are back to:

“my biggest fear is this is used against”

followed by the very same posters creating that fear and providing pages after pages of material to use against us

Y’all crazy

You are so correct. Normally I would just let this slide, but that is the very reason that I keep pushing back.

Anybody that has a lick of financial sense knows what the deal is here, but this is just not a little chat room discussion among a few people, thousands of people are reading this, and so we have people flexing to get message board clout and in doing so giving ammunition to our rivals, when in reality, our short and mid term NIL is not affected by any of this.

Only issue is Ruiz isn’t a Billionaire without MSPR being successful. It’s a business venture - if it fails he will bail. Hope it is wildly successful and 2022 is a huge year for him. He did bail on a venture in Homestead several years ago and the City of Homestead is still trying to collect $300,000 from him.

Prove that, please. I understand differently. From what I understand he's a billionaire without it, possibly twice over. Go research the class-action lawsuits his wholly-owned firm has won, the amounts (spoiler: over $20B in the aggregate), and what his firm's share in those judgements were, then think about how real estate, the stock market, and hedge funds have done in the last few years and then come back and let me know if you still believe what you wrote. He also still owns that successful law firm that is still trying lucrative class actions, has further investments, and owns Cigarette Racing with a partner. If you look at his spending and acquisition patterns, it's very clear the man is LIQUID.

Also, what you wrote about the Homestead deal is really misleading, spinning, and I really just lost a lot of respect for you on this subject. Clear agenda, IMO.

But back to the first part, you just made a concrete absolute statement about "Ruiz (not being) a Billionaire without MSPR being successful."

Show us your work.

Last edited:
So for the last few months he is being promoted as being worth over $20 billion. A week after the shares of company start trading, the value drops about 90%. Cool story!

Advertisement
WTF ... you are so damned sensitive you cannot read a comment by somebody voicing a legit concern without framing it as "creating a maelstrom of negativity and doubt". Wow ... you come across as some "woke" person unable to have an intelligent conversation. "A vortex of negative doubts where there is none"???? Really??? Agree to disagree.
My only question would be - why do you think your very specific and narrow concern (the ability to pay the NIL deals he has already made), is legitimate?

If the guy with the law firm that settles 10 billion dollar cases, and the boat racing company, and the 767, and the 50 million dollar waterfront property, and the… is gonna have trouble fronting ~5 million/year for nil deals, it’ll have nothing to do with the spac.

Ok, but that’s not what you were saying yesterday…
BS ... my concern since the outset of the MSPR stock saga has been the continuity of the NIL program for 2023 and going forward. 2022 is in the books for the most part. How does UM land recruits that ARE looking at NIL as a major component of their decision making for this 2023 class if Ruiz is not stepping up to the plate? How many other NIL collectives / options does UM have? THAT is the concern.

My only question would be - why do you think your very specific and narrow concern (the ability to pay the NIL deals he has already made), is legitimate?

If the guy with the law firm that settles 10 billion dollar cases, and the boat racing company, and the 767, and the 50 million dollar waterfront property, and the… is gonna have trouble fronting ~5 million/year for nil deals, it’ll have nothing to do with the spac.
I am NOT worried about his few current NIL deals. The CONCERN is UM's ability to have a significant NIL support program for recruits for the 2023, 2024 classes and going forward.

I am NOT worried about his few current NIL deals. The CONCERN is UM's ability to have a significant NIL support program for recruits for the 2023, 2024 classes and going forward.

Why do you wanna create that doubt out there.

Again, thank you for giving ammunition to the competition.

You’re the only one with all this doubt, he has plenty of money for future NIL deals… unless everything else he does goes belly up, he’s come through on everything he’s promised now and in the future.

Why the fūck do you keep hammering this doubt?

@RVACane @JD08 - Ban me if you want, I don’t give a shlt, but this guy is one obsessed stupid motherfūcker. When we have people purposely trying to sabotage our program I’ve had enough.

Advertisement
How about we just wait and see before worrying. If the income is what is expected then the stock price will rebound and we don't have to worry about something that isn't going to happen.

Besides, it's Miami, there are plenty of NIL opportunities, especially once the W's start to pile up.

Guys, it is quite clear that MSPR is being manipulated by the shorts. People are naked shorting, market makers and brokerages are facilitating all sorts of nonsense. Look at the volume vs the float. Ruiz is tweeting about it now.

Ruiz also went into the market and personally bought the stock and warrants in the open market today. Remember, every time you short a stock, you are borrowing a share and selling it. You eventually have to buy that share back in order to repay your loan. Get that? Every share shorted means that it will HAVE to be bought back. There could be a MASSIVE short squeeze on this one that moons it. Just saying.

I'll say it again:

THE CURRENT PRICE OF MSPR STOCK DOES NOT AFFECT RUIZ' ABILITY TO FUND NIL FOR MIAMI OR HIS LIQUID NET WORTH.

This is a nothing story for people who either hate UM or secretly hate UM and pretend not to, or are stupid.
Problem is when this happened with GameStop it took thousands+ to all come together with the goal to make the shorts burn, and it was sparked by a guy on Reddit posting weekly/daily updates to his GameStop holdings that he made for months calling for that short squeeze…

Doubt there will be the same response here, and these short sellers are able to do **** like this cause the SEC is trash…

It is what it is, Ruiz better not need cash for a year and a half, or it probably isn’t looking so hot.

Problem is when this happened with GameStop it took thousands+ to all come together with the goal to make the shorts burn, and it was sparked by a guy on Reddit posting weekly/daily updates to his GameStop holdings that he made for months calling for that short squeeze…

Doubt there will be the same response here, and these short sellers are able to do **** like this cause the SEC is trash…

It is what it is, Ruiz better not need cash for a year and a half, or it probably isn’t looking so hot.

Dear lord.

MSPR isn't a meme stock. It's not even a retail play right now. Totally different trading volume, floats and profiles. You're speaking broken mandarin in French class. You don't need a bunch of teenagers to "burn" the shorts. Let the market play out. It's really simple. Every share shorted (borrowed to sell) must be bought back. That means that if 5M shares were shorted that there, by definition, is 5M shares worth of absolutely guaranteed buy pressure out there. When and what happens with them doesn't concern Ruiz. He is only concerned with the valuation of the company when they start producing revenue. That's when things come back from looneyville. A fair PE will be established, and if there is growth, it will trade based on a forward PE. In the meantime, I am sure he's annoyed, as ******** are making money FUD'ing his company and dumb Gators (and I guess some people here) get to rag on him and make crap up, but it doesn't affect him.

And Ruiz has constantly said, for many months, that he has no intention to sell shares. In fact, he thought the valuation was LOW.

AND he went into the open market this week and bought more shares and warrants. Please read my previous posts. Again, he is LIQUID outside MSPR, he has a law firm that prints money among other ventures, has had a bunch of home run class actions that have made him a fortune, and all that money is WORKING for him right now. He will never, ever need to worry about money again, and the UM NIL numbers are a rounding error for him. Also, he isn't even paying the NIL personally, the company is. And the company revenue, or runway, is the same right now whether the stock is at $1 or $10. The stock price is just a manipulated thing right now. And the NIL is VERY small potatoes.

The boogeymen you all make up when talking about another man's money is bewildering.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dear lord.

MSPR isn't a meme stock. It's not even a retail play right now. Totally different trading volume, floats and profiles. You're speaking broken mandarin in French class. You don't need a bunch of teenagers to "burn" the shorts. Let the market play out. It's really simple. Every share shorted (borrowed to sell) must be bought back. That means that if 5M shares were shorted that there, by definition, is 5M shares worth of absolutely guaranteed buy pressure out there. When and what happens with them doesn't concern Ruiz. He is only concerned with the valuation of the company when they start producing revenue. That's when things come back from looneyville. A fair PE will be established, and if there is growth, it will trade based on a forward PE. In the meantime, I am sure he's annoyed, as ******** are making money FUD'ing his company and dumb Gators (and I guess some people here) get to rag on him and make crap up, but it doesn't affect him.

And Ruiz has constantly said, for many months, that he has no intention to sell shares. In fact, he thought the valuation was LOW.

AND he went into the open market this week and bought more shares and warrants. Please read my previous posts. Again, he is LIQUID outside MSPR, he has a law firm that prints money among other ventures, has had a bunch of home run class actions that have made him a fortune, and all that money is WORKING for him right now. He will never, ever need to worry about money again, and the UM NIL numbers are a rounding error for him. Also, he isn't even paying the NIL personally, the company is. And the company revenue, or runway, is the same right now whether the stock is at $1 or $10. The stock price is just a manipulated thing right now. And the NIL is VERY small potatoes.

The boogeymen you all make up when talking about another man's money is bewildering.

It’s bewildering, so he had no liquidity before three or four days ago, where did all that money come from? Some people just don’t get how the financial markets work, and don’t understand the present set of facts. He has liquidity now to meet all his present and future obligations. This is a company that’s looking down the road a year, a year and a half, to two years, then we will know, but it has nothing to do with his ability to meet his obligations now or in the midterm.

Dear lord.

First of all I wasn't saying whether Ruiz is concerned or not or whether he personally is out of money or anything like that. Nor was I commenting anything doom/gloom about how this will impact us with NIL. So pretty much your entire reply had absolutely nothing to do with what I actually said in my 2 comments, and was solely about what you assumed I was implying - which btw I wasn't. ... if the company survives and meets its targets, he will certinaly have **** you money - especially since his law firm will get a 20% cut of the settlements in addition to the 65%+ ownership he has of MSP recovery.

What I was saying is: IF the company isn't generating much revenue, IF it isnt cash flow positive AND IF they were in need of money anytime soon, this would make an already poor stock price, go even lower. And most importantly Lets not act like this company is guaranteed to survive. Many companies WILL not survive this environment. In order for MSP Recoverys stock price to actually be worth anywhere close to the $10 it began trading at after the SPAC deal closed, they have to grow a lot and fast. That brings us to PE ratio. I absolutely agree with you - a NEW fair PE will be established. It'll just be low and AT LEAST like 50% less than whatever it would have been 6-8 months ago.

Then you add the fact they are getting shorted like crazy and there ISN'T that gamestop-like buy+hold pressure, and the result is the stock price may NOT be going up anytime soon. So sure yeah eventually the short sellers have to close their position, but they are currently winning, and maybe it would Require Ruiz to personally keep it alive. High short pressure + FUD has made many companies go bankrupt...

First of all I wasn't saying whether Ruiz is concerned or not or whether he personally is out of money or anything like that. Nor was I commenting anything doom/gloom about how this will impact us with NIL. So pretty much your entire reply had absolutely nothing to do with what I actually said in my 2 comments, and was solely about what you assumed I was implying - which btw I wasn't. ... if the company survives and meets its targets, he will certinaly have **** you money - especially since his law firm will get a 20% cut of the settlements in addition to the 65%+ ownership he has of MSP recovery.

What I was saying is: IF the company isn't generating much revenue, IF it isnt cash flow positive AND IF they were in need of money anytime soon, this would make an already poor stock price, go even lower. And most importantly Lets not act like this company is guaranteed to survive. Many companies WILL not survive this environment. In order for MSP Recoverys stock price to actually be worth anywhere close to the $10 it began trading at after the SPAC deal closed, they have to grow a lot and fast. That brings us to PE ratio. I absolutely agree with you - a NEW fair PE will be established. It'll just be low and AT LEAST like 50% less than whatever it would have been 6-8 months ago.

Then you add the fact they are getting shorted like crazy and there ISN'T that gamestop-like buy+hold pressure, and the result is the stock price may NOT be going up anytime soon. So sure yeah eventually the short sellers have to close their position, but they are currently winning, and maybe it would Require Ruiz to personally keep it alive. High short pressure + FUD has made many companies go bankrupt...

Holy ****e buddy, you know not what you speak of. Wish I could say it nicer, but I'm not good at hand holding. Nothing personal, I like your posts, but this isn't your best topic.

When they report positive earnings (assuming they do), the past, or even current stock price will have nothing to do with the new share price. The market is going to realize its undervalued and buy the **** out of it until it ceases to be a bargain. If the math says its worth $20 a share, and the market agrees, it's going to go to $20 a share. Whether that means a short term gain of $5 a share or $19 a share. Of course, it will find its way closer to its value before then. Positive guidance, press releases, leaks, etc. It's called repricing based on new information. You think there is a cap on how much a stock can move? You've never seen a stock move 50, 100, 200% at the open? So no, the new share price will not "just be low and AT LEAST like 50% less than whatever it would have been 6-8 months ago." The share price, right now, in a liquidity-free, inflationary blood-on-the-streets environment meant NOTHING. There is just no appetite out there to support a speculative stock right now which is why the shorts are wining all over. And like I said, every share shorted that has beaten the price down, HAS TO BE BOUGHT BACK the they cover. Which by definition, will raise the price. If the stock jumps quickly, there could even be a short squeeze.

You think a company that drops an actual audited big number and presents guidance for astronomical projected YoY earnings is going to be held back because some shorts screwed with it a year ago? It's going to be valued against other companies in its sector as of that minute. And of course it will be affected (+/-) by macro conditions, as it is now btw.

Btw you can give me all the "dumb" emoticon reactions you want, I assure you it doesn't bother me. Because I think you know that what I am writing to you is neither dumb or unreasonable.

Holy ****e buddy, you know not what you speak of. Wish I could say it nicer, but I'm not good at hand holding. Nothing personal, I like your posts, but this isn't your best topic.

When they report positive earnings (assuming they do), the past, or even current stock price will have nothing to do with the new share price. The market is going to realize its undervalued and buy the **** out of it until it ceases to be a bargain. If the math says its worth $20 a share, and the market agrees, it's going to go to $20 a share. Whether that means a short term gain of $5 a share or $19 a share. Of course, it will find its way closer to its value before then. Positive guidance, press releases, leaks, etc. It's called repricing based on new information. You think there is a cap on how much a stock can move? You've never seen a stock move 50, 100, 200% at the open? So no, the new share price will not "just be low and AT LEAST like 50% less than whatever it would have been 6-8 months ago." The share price, right now, in a liquidity-free, inflationary blood-on-the-streets environment meant NOTHING. There is just no appetite out there to support a speculative stock right now which is why the shorts are wining all over. And like I said, every share shorted that has beaten the price down, HAS TO BE BOUGHT BACK the they cover. Which by definition, will raise the price. If the stock jumps quickly, there could even be a short squeeze.

You think a company that drops an actual audited big number and presents guidance for astronomical projected YoY earnings is going to be held back because some shorts screwed with it a year ago? It's going to be valued against other companies in its sector as of that minute. And of course it will be affected (+/-) by macro conditions, as it is now btw.

Btw you can give me all the "dumb" emoticon reactions you want, I assure you it doesn't bother me. Because I think you know that what I am writing to you is neither dumb or unreasonable.
Look Imo, what you're saying has nothing to do with what I'm actually saying. First of all I'm talking about the short term. Everything you have written is from a long in the future view taken from the perspective they're profitable basically. Second, I have no idea why you are even writing about if/when they report profits the stock price will change? I mean who said otherwise?

In a market where you are operating at a loss, Have little cash reserves, with your stock in the tank, being shorted to death, AND with the current environment over the next possibly 18 months - that is a lot to battle against. In that situation The probability of death certainly is greater than 0%. And the statement that every share shorted HAS TO BE BOUGH BACK is false - The short sellers can win and the company can go bankrupt.

Now did I say they can't/won't make money or become profitable? Did I say they can't cut costs to lengthen their runway? Did I even say they will actually need money? Answer: No.

Advertisement
Back