Ruiz Securities Deal Approved

Rooting for him to fail??? You're inventing that. I am LOOKING at his financial situation. His NIL commitments are deals committed to and funded by a division of MSPR ... Life Wallet. What DOES have a bearing on the viability of his company is the company's ability to produce a profit. I have no idea what John Ruiz has for annual income ... but the financials for MSPR indicate that it could be losing close to $60 million dollars for 2022 after having lost $33 million or so in 2021 and currently having in excess of $200 million in long term debt. That is a company that had total REVENUE in 2021 of $8 million dollars. Very unusual for a company with only $8 million in revenue to have over $200 million in debt. This is NOT a normal business start up or expansion. There are red flags (and red ink) everywhere ... and my concern is that in some manner it impacts UM negatively. I certainly hope that there are OTHER NIL options that come to the forefront soon so that other programs aren't using this company's poor performance as a negative recruiting tool against UM.

He was already in the red and paying NIL contracts before the “IPO” ***

Nothing has changed, other than now, due to the merger, there is a share price to be followed on the NASDAQ.

It is not uncommon in these situations for there to be operating losses year over year, many times for several years, before profitability is achieved.

Again, you are creating doubt about whether he can meet his current obligations.

And you have nothing to indicate that anything has changed with respect to that. Not a single fūcking thing has changed since before the “IPO“. He may or may not be successful in the long term, but to create this public doubt, when there is no reason to, it’s absolutely ridiculous

He may not be part of NIL in 2024, and that’ll be a bridge to cross if and when we get there, but there is nothing to indicate he’s going leave anybody presently in the lurch, and there’s nothing to indicate that he will void current agreements. Well, nothing other than people like you trying to create this maelstrom of negativity and doubt.

I have no idea why you continue to persist with this.

You are literally trying to create a vortex of negative doubts where there is none, but certainly rivals can use your ill informed words against us.

You’re the only one banging this drum here.

*** I’m using IPO as shorthand for when the shares started trading. I know it’s not an actual IPO.

Advertisement

Nothing has changed, other than now, due to the merger, there is a share price to be followed on the NASDAQ.

It is not uncommon in these situations for there to be operating losses year over year, many times for several years, before profitability is achieved.

Again, you are creating doubt about whether he can meet his current obligations.

And you have nothing to indicate that anything has changed with respect to that. Not a single fūcking thing has changed since before the “IPO“. He may or may not be successful in the long term, but to create this public doubt, when there is no reason to, it’s absolutely ridiculous

He may not be part of NIL in 2024, and that’ll be a bridge to cross if and when we get there, but there is nothing to indicate he’s going leave anybody presently in the lurch, and there’s nothing to indicate that he will void current agreements. Well, nothing other than people like you trying to create this maelstrom of negativity and doubt.

You are literally trying to create a vortex of negative doubts where there is none, but certainly rivals can use your ill informed words against us.

*** I’m using IPO as shorthand for when the shares started trading. I know it’s not an actual IPO.
WTF ... you are so damned sensitive you cannot read a comment by somebody voicing a legit concern without framing it as "creating a maelstrom of negativity and doubt". Wow ... you come across as some "woke" person unable to have an intelligent conversation. "A vortex of negative doubts where there is none"???? Really??? Agree to disagree.

Legit term.

It’s meant to describe anything that has no or minimal signs of improvement.

A friend of mine came up with it to reference the long hours without hands in a poker tournament.

Is this a legit term in this world or did you come up with that on your own?

Because I'm just sick enough to have just choked laughing on my Tuesday afternoon Lemon Drop martini reading that.

WTF ... you are so damned sensitive you cannot read a comment by somebody voicing a legit concern without framing it as "creating a maelstrom of negativity and doubt". Wow ... you come across as some "woke" person unable to have an intelligent conversation. "A vortex of negative doubts where there is none"???? Really??? Agree to disagree.

So you have no factual response to my very legitimate counterpoint that there is nothing that indicates any issue with him honoring his current NIL contracts.

You are the one creating an issue, if you were only to talk about the viability of his company as an future going concern, that’s one thing, and we can have that discussion, but YOU are the one that created the issue about his current NIL deals. Let me just put it plainly, that’s horse****.

This has nothing to do with being “woke” , in fact, you’re the one that’s acting like a little sky-is-falling snowflake.

Correct. Here's the thing - before the SPAC merger there were questions made by major publications (Forbes) about how Ruiz came up with the earnings projections. They thought he was playing fast and loose with the numbers (I'd say he's stretching, but I can also make an argument that it's not outrageously out of line). The way the market is feeling right now means it is not the time to have any questions about earnings. Ruiz says the company will have about 1 billion in revenue in 2022. If he turns out to be right, then I am very confident the stock will pop right after the end of the FY and bounce all the way back to the $10-12 range because it would validate his numbers. Right now though, there is a lot of skepticism.

Advertisement
Correct. Here's the thing - before the SPAC merger there were questions made by major publications (Forbes) about how Ruiz came up with the earnings projections. They thought he was playing fast and loose with the numbers (I'd say he's stretching, but I can also make an argument that it's not outrageously out of line). The way the market is feeling right now means it is not the time to have any questions about earnings. Ruiz says the company will have about 1 billion in revenue in 2022. If he turns out to be right, then I am very confident the stock will pop right after the end of the FY and bounce all the way back to the $10-12 range because it would validate his numbers. Right now though, there is a lot of skepticism.

Understood. And even with 1 billion and revenue that probably represents a net loss, profitability takes time.

Current market conditions are gunna kick everyone’s *** who isn’t cash flow positive though.

As long as they don’t need cash in the next 18 months, it’ll probably be fine though. Idk if they will or not.

The business seems to be more of a mid-long term revenue stream anyways, being that it’ll be taking a lot of court/lawyers….

Current market conditions are gunna kick everyone’s *** who isn’t cash flow positive though.

As long as they don’t need cash in the next 18 months, it’ll probably be fine though. Idk if they will or not.

The business seems to be more of a mid-long term revenue stream anyways, being that it’ll be taking a lot of court/lawyers….

Yeah I mean it’s obvious to anybody that’s in the market, now is not the time to be cashing out. That’s just basic. Even if there’s more pain coming, which there very well could be, it’s impossible to time it. I don’t try, I just know what I do works long-term.

Guys, it is quite clear that MSPR is being manipulated by the shorts. People are naked shorting, market makers and brokerages are facilitating all sorts of nonsense. Look at the volume vs the float. Ruiz is tweeting about it now.

Ruiz also went into the market and personally bought the stock and warrants in the open market today. Remember, every time you short a stock, you are borrowing a share and selling it. You eventually have to buy that share back in order to repay your loan. Get that? Every share shorted means that it will HAVE to be bought back. There could be a MASSIVE short squeeze on this one that moons it. Just saying.

I'll say it again:

THE CURRENT PRICE OF MSPR STOCK DOES NOT AFFECT RUIZ' ABILITY TO FUND NIL FOR MIAMI OR HIS LIQUID NET WORTH.

This is a nothing story for people who either hate UM or secretly hate UM and pretend not to, or are stupid.

Advertisement
So is CIS gonna blow this thing up or what???!! I’m ready and willing to buy with you all 👀

I’m on the sideline right now. Watching to see how low she goes before I grab some. I have no clue what the company does but will buy on the strength lol.

Is this a legit term in this world or did you come up with that on your own?

Because I'm just sick enough to have just choked laughing on my Tuesday afternoon Lemon Drop martini reading that.

I think it was at the roast of Pamela Anderson, and Jeff Ross said she had the emotional range of Terry Shiavo. Everybody in the crowd was speechless

Why didn’t you post this BEFORE I bought the stock?
Just root for him to have a monster turnaround on the payment recovery operations and turn the company into the company he projects it can be. Just have to keep fingers crossed that he can continue to absorb the losses until that happens. Would be great to reach a B/E level by the end of 2022 ... that would be a massive accomplishment and would spike the stock price for sure.

Guys, it is quite clear that MSPR is being manipulated by the shorts. People are naked shorting, market makers and brokerages are facilitating all sorts of nonsense. Look at the volume vs the float. Ruiz is tweeting about it now.

Ruiz also went into the market and personally bought the stock and warrants in the open market today. Remember, every time you short a stock, you are borrowing a share and selling it. You eventually have to buy that share back in order to repay your loan. Get that? Every share shorted means that it will HAVE to be bought back. There could be a MASSIVE short squeeze on this one that moons it. Just saying.

I'll say it again:

THE CURRENT PRICE OF MSPR STOCK DOES NOT AFFECT RUIZ' ABILITY TO FUND NIL FOR MIAMI OR HIS LIQUID NET WORTH.

This is a nothing story for people who either hate UM or secretly hate UM and pretend not to, or are stupid.
OT question

Is now a good time to buy the stock?

Advertisement
I respect the market knowledge here. Being invested over 40+ years and I've done very well (or should I say my broker has done well by me) but my technical knowledge is shallow.

Couple questions to those in the know:

1. What is the worst case scenario for Ruiz and his company?
2. Any guesses as to the percentage chance of that coming to pass?
3. Would this worst case scenario necessarily impact NIL deals (I see several statements above that it would not, but ...)?

I respect the market knowledge here. Being invested over 40+ years and I've done very well (or should I say my broker has done well by me) but my technical knowledge is shallow.

Couple questions to those in the know:

1. What is the worst case scenario for Ruiz and his company?
2. Any guesses as to the percentage chance of that coming to pass?
3. Would this worst case scenario necessarily impact NIL deals (I see several statements above that it would not, but ...)?
Worst case is delisting or becoming OTC for being sub $1 for too long. As for how likely, impossible to know. I don't think it would affect the NIL deals, but may cause a billionaire to be more prudent with his money? lol

Advertisement
OT question

Is now a good time to buy the stock?

Buying this would be a VERY speculative investment of an early stage company. You are investing in their ability to produce future revenue. If something goes sideways, you could lose your entire investment.

I can't say if its a good time, there may never be a "good time" if they can't produce as promised. If they can hit their numbers in a couple of years, people who bought down here will do very well.

Rooting for him to fail??? You're inventing that. I am LOOKING at his financial situation. His NIL commitments are deals committed to and funded by a division of MSPR ... Life Wallet. What DOES have a bearing on the viability of his company is the company's ability to produce a profit. I have no idea what John Ruiz has for annual income ... but the financials for MSPR indicate that it could be losing close to $60 million dollars for 2022 after having lost $33 million or so in 2021 and currently having in excess of $200 million in long term debt. That is a company that had total REVENUE in 2021 of $8 million dollars. Very unusual for a company with only $8 million in revenue to have over $200 million in debt. This is NOT a normal business start up or expansion. There are red flags (and red ink) everywhere ... and my concern is that in some manner it impacts UM negatively. I certainly hope that there are OTHER NIL options that come to the forefront soon so that other programs aren't using this company's poor performance as a negative recruiting tool against UM.
All of that is extremely common youre just naive.

Worst case is delisting or becoming OTC for being sub $1 for too long. As for how likely, impossible to know. I don't think it would affect the NIL deals, but may cause a billionaire to be more prudent with his money? lol
Only issue is Ruiz isn’t a Billionaire without MSPR being successful. It’s a business venture - if it fails he will bail. Hope it is wildly successful and 2022 is a huge year for him. He did bail on a venture in Homestead several years ago and the City of Homestead is still trying to collect $300,000 from him.

Lots of good discussion here. I'm in the camp that Ruiz's "billionaire" status is, as it currently stands, a complete pipe dream, but that none of that matters for purposes of handing out NIL deals. I'm also deeply, DEEPLY skeptical of Lionheart Capital; the principal of that company has been sued by former business partners many, many times, and it just doesn't feel right to me.

That being said:

1. Ruiz is not currently a billionaire.

2. His status as a billionaire is entirely dependent on whether he hits the revenue projections he outlined prior to MSPR being listed. Nothing else.

3. Ruiz is independently wealthy despite MSPR's current share price. No, he's not a billionaire, but he's done well for himself up to this point.

4. The NIL deals handed out by Ruiz can be entirely funded by #3, and are not at all dependent on #s 1 and 2.

This isn't a case where a guy has the ENTIRETY of his net worth tied to one stock (Bezos, Buffett, Gates, etc.). Ruiz is wealthy enough to be a player in NIL even if MSPR is de-listed, even if that's "only" a couple mil (I'd venture that his net worth is somewhere between $40-$60M).

The issue has become how outspoken he is about NIL deals. You better believe that the nuance above is entirely lost on high school juniors and seniors, and you bet your *** that FSU, UF, UGA, Bama, A&M etc. will use MSPR's current price to cast doubt on Ruiz's ability to follow-through with the deals he's making with Life Wallet.

Advertisement
Back