Ruiz Securities Deal Approved

Advertisement
Not about performance?? So if the back-up long-snapper market's himself well on Instagram as the guy who wears pink wigs to practice - he'll be swimming in NIL? Come on man, of course its about performance. You don't perform, there's nothing to market. Back to my OP the WR who's making $1 mil in endorsements and dropping balls or doesn't pan out (like we've seen here on occasion), and the OL whose making half that who may be All Conference (haven't seen many here, but hopefully coming). No way there won't be issues - there were before NIL.
So?

In a capitalist market it sorts itself out. You're basing your argument off the fact you assume there are established market values. There are none at this time.

There is no precedent for this outside of black market valuations. Let it play out. At least we're at the table now with a big swinging ****.

This is just not a great time to be in the market, specifically what’s considered the “growth“ section of the market, but that’s all irrelevant in this particular case.

If we were in a bull market right now, these numbers would be different but that’s still irrelevant.

Major take away is this is not a penny stock, and even in the low single digits, Ruiz is still worth billions upon billions.

But what do you expect from the major gaturd antagonists on Twitter whose goal in life is to make $65,000 a year.

You should see some of the comments, such as “oh my God he’s making people lose all their money “, so so stupid. When did Ruiz tell anybody to buy his IPO at the strike price of $10. Nobody is stupid enough to buy into an IPO in today’s market. That is nobody with a lick of common sense. The stock is testing its bottom and will probably stabilize at some price in the near future. The rest will be determined by the long-term viability of the business concept which will take months or possibly years to determine, but in the meantime, this guy is worth billions of dollars.
My own ignorance on display...

So the valuation of the company was I believe 40 billion for Ruiz so that initial 10 dollar "strike point" represents that number?

So at 5 dollars he's worth (heaven forbid) 20 billion?

Advertisement
He only owns 70%.
Initial valuation was $33-35 Billion. That is a SPECULATED VALUE based on future earnings of the company. Ruiz owns 70% of the stock. A very small % of the total stock was sold and it couldn't support the initial "strike point" price. If the rest of the stock were put on the market for sale the price would plummet and it would become a penny stock in a second. He is NOT worth $20 billion based on the value of his 70% ownership ... if you tried to sell it on the market.

His course of action is to focus 100% on the MSPR operating company in order to GENERATE REVENUE and EARNINGS in line with the projections made in his securities registration. THEN the market value will improve on the current shares that are being traded (float), potential increase significantly in value, and the potential will then exist for him to sell additional stock from his holdings in order to "take out cash". Right now it's all on paper and MSP needs to perform from an operational standpoint.

Initial valuation was $33-35 Billion. That is a SPECULATED VALUE based on future earnings of the company. Ruiz owns 70% of the stock. A very small % of the total stock was sold and it couldn't support the initial "strike point" price. If the rest of the stock were put on the market for sale the price would plummet and it would become a penny stock in a second. He is NOT worth $20 billion based on the value of his 70% ownership ... if you tried to sell it on the market.

His course of action is to focus 100% on the MSPR operating company in order to GENERATE REVENUE and EARNINGS in line with the projections made in his securities registration. THEN the market value will improve on the current shares that are being traded (float), potential increase significantly in value, and the potential will then exist for him to sell additional stock from his holdings in order to "take out cash". Right now it's all on paper and MSP needs to perform from an operational standpoint.
I'm a novice in all of this compared to a lot of posters here that have chimed in....but there's no shot Ruiz didn't cash out a little taking the company public. Did he go and deposit $20 billion into his bank account? Absolutely not. But I'm sure he did pocket a nice little bonus and was rewarded handsomely for taking that company public.

After that, totally agree with your (and others) assessments. The company is still unproven and has to now show it's truly a business.

He's now worth billions idk how many but set aside even half a billion and that is 25-30 million for a recruiting class for the next 15-20 years :)

Advertisement
I'm a novice in all of this compared to a lot of posters here that have chimed in....but there's no shot Ruiz didn't cash out a little taking the company public. Did he go and deposit $20 billion into his bank account? Absolutely not. But I'm sure he did pocket a nice little bonus and was rewarded handsomely for taking that company public.

After that, totally agree with your (and others) assessments. The company is still unproven and has to now show it's truly a business.

Most of the time, there is a "lock-up" period, where you cannot sell your shares (Ruiz, being a controlling shareholder).

And there are plenty of articles that have come out in the last few years that describe how the ultra-wealthy shareholders are able to live off the stock without actually selling the stock.

Simply stated, if you sell the stock, you pay capital gains tax. But if you take out a loan from the bank and pledge some of the stock as collateral, all you end up paying is the interest, while you still retain the shares. We are programmed to think "debt is bad, I would only take out a loan for a house or a car, Dave Ramsey has scared me into hating debt", but the reality is that Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos and other guys like that have taken out MASSIVE bank loans that are collateralized by some of their stock. So they pay 3 or 4% interest instead of cap gains, and their stock keeps appreciating.

Politely...fvck Dave Ramsey...

agreed.

these SPACs remind me of the pre-revenue dot.com IPOs, such as pets.com, dr.koop.com, etoys etc. so many of them failed.

i am rooting for John to make the company work from an operational/revenue point of view.

and f@ck all of the haters on here and elsewhere.

Advertisement
agreed.

these SPACs remind me of the pre-revenue dot.com IPOs, such as pets.com, dr.koop.com, etoys etc. so many of them failed.

i am rooting for John to make the company work from an operational/revenue point of view.

and f@ck all of the haters on here and elsewhere.
They failed because it was all speculation. If MSP can do what it claims, it will have the revenue to back all that up. Maybe once we get a year's worth of financial reports, Ruiz should reach out to @TrumpyCane's gator friend in the bad shirt and get him to make a commercial throwing up the U.

Advertisement
They failed because it was all speculation. If MSP can do what it claims, it will have the revenue to back all that up. Maybe once we get a year's worth of financial reports, Ruiz should reach out to @TrumpyCane's gator friend in the bad shirt and get him to make a commercial throwing up the U.

Can MBA students sign NIL deals? Asking for a frenemy...in a bad shirt...who loves techno and hockey...

Please tell me we aren’t going to be a part of Narcos: Mexico Part 5

Edit: This is Sarcasm in case there are some piranhas waiting to pounce
I love your new avatar with Manny from Scarface sticking his tongue out. This should get a lot of uses between me and @Baba Yaga too. It’s a win-win-win for errrybody!

67D1BB69-1EB7-4447-B249-4D3CF76F6791.gif

Advertisement
Back