Ruiz - Please Help Baseball

Advertisement
At this point, we're just waiting for a few people to catch up to what several of us have known for years.

Every year it's the same story. Lose the Florida series, win some games in March, endure the 15-0 crowd laughing at us for wanting the coach fired, then stumble at the end when the 15-0 crowd stops posting. Every. Single. Year.

Then we have a few homers who claim that we're "young", or that the team that beat us this time was "hot", but at least those guys stick around to the end.

As @scane has pointed out all year. Next year is his final test. He will have built 2 separate rosters by that point. If he doesn’t get it done next year he needs to be shown the door along with everyone else with tenure within The program (excluding Jayro)

I believe next year will be an identical situation. Get hot in middle of season…. Crumble to finish line… host a regional… go 1-2 bbq in that regional and Dimare is gone.
He'll have to be talked into stepping down, so a little face-saving can occur. He took a sabbatical before, didn't he? This is the only hope IMO, otherwise, I think Rad will cave and give him a short-term contract and act like he's holding him accountable.

Advertisement
At this point, we're just waiting for a few people to catch up to what several of us have known for years.

Every year it's the same story. Lose the Florida series, win some games in March, endure the 15-0 crowd laughing at us for wanting the coach fired, then stumble at the end when the 15-0 crowd stops posting. Every. Single. Year.

Then we have a few homers who claim that we're "young", or that the team that beat us this time was "hot", but at least those guys stick around to the end.
With an even more impressive 1-6 against Mike Martin, Jr. and 1-5 in ACC Tournament play.

Last edited:
He'll have to be talked into stepping down, so a little face-saving can occur. He took a sabbatical before, didn't he? This is the only hope IMO, otherwise, I think Rad will cave and give him a short-term contract and act like he's holding him accountable.
Hate to say it but I know many will agree…. Rad was brought here for football and football only.

We return enough next year and are bringing in another solid class (still has some over valued talent). To be right back to where we were this year with regards to a national seed. I'd love to find a way to get the kid from Kansas who is in the Portal. Name escapes me. There is a "decent" chance Mule ends up on campus. His velo was down, he is young and still very raw. His stock has dropped a bit. He also loves Miami. But all that it takes is some MLB team to take him high and throw him a bunch of money to change that obviously. His potential is probably top 5 out of the high school guys. But he could step in and (i say this hesitantly) with a good fall of development and some bumps in the early part of the year he could be our everyday shortstop and a 7th/8th inning guy for us...or even the closer if he starts bumping 98-100 again.

All that being said I am not sold this regime can take it to the next level(and I Know they have been here so if they havent done it yet they wont, I just mean since DiMare has taken the reigns). I truly hope he has been told next year is Super's/Omaha or bust and if he needs to make changes do it now. JD seems like a good guy who has given a lot to the program. But we need new blood. Our arms rarely get better. Most regress so much they end up being ok at Nova Southeastern or St Thomas...not even dominate there.

Mario C aside baseball needs an outsider with new thoughts and a new way. Go get Scott Brown if we make a change. Develops, recruits the northeast, and has done it everywhere he has went. Also stays out in front of trends. Not a guy who digs and says "Nope my way has worked for years"

With an even more impressive 1-6 against Mike Martin, Jr. and 1-5 in ACC Tournament play.
Not to mention a stellar 4-6 record in the NCAA tournament, picking up wins in dogfights vs powerhouses Southern and Canisius, and going 1-1 each vs perennial title contenders Central Michigan and Southern Alabama

Advertisement
I know it’s not gonna happen… but….

Can I get some Skipper names to keep track of across the country? Avoiding lovelady at UCF for obvious reasons…

Im sure if this job came open it would be a very attractive destination for a lot of people

We return enough next year and are bringing in another solid class (still has some over valued talent). To be right back to where we were this year with regards to a national seed. I'd love to find a way to get the kid from Kansas who is in the Portal. Name escapes me. There is a "decent" chance Mule ends up on campus. His velo was down, he is young and still very raw. His stock has dropped a bit. He also loves Miami. But all that it takes is some MLB team to take him high and throw him a bunch of money to change that obviously. His potential is probably top 5 out of the high school guys. But he could step in and (i say this hesitantly) with a good fall of development and some bumps in the early part of the year he could be our everyday shortstop and a 7th/8th inning guy for us...or even the closer if he starts bumping 98-100 again.

All that being said I am not sold this regime can take it to the next level(and I Know they have been here so if they havent done it yet they wont, I just mean since DiMare has taken the reigns). I truly hope he has been told next year is Super's/Omaha or bust and if he needs to make changes do it now. JD seems like a good guy who has given a lot to the program. But we need new blood. Our arms rarely get better. Most regress so much they end up being ok at Nova Southeastern or St Thomas...not even dominate there.

Mario C aside baseball needs an outsider with new thoughts and a new way. Go get Scott Brown if we make a change. Develops, recruits the northeast, and has done it everywhere he has went. Also stays out in front of trends. Not a guy who digs and says "Nope my way has worked for years"
I feel like you could copy and edit the names in this first paragraph for the last 5-10 years.

Advertisement
Gino isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. We’ll always have just enough talent to ensure that

Advertisement

True for football and basketball as well. Except for Fraser, ALL of our success has come from outsiders or coaches not hired by the athletic department (Larranaga came to us, and practically hired himself).

Time to start recruiting kids across the Midwest and SEC country that can actually hit a baseball. We’ve got guys that somehow have gamed the system and become highly rated prospects. They can’t actually play the game
Agree. Seems to me we select kids from showcases based on exit velo and mph on a radar gun. Have JD and DiMare actually watched these kids play in multiple games?? We need baseball players not showcase guys.

Is Turtle Thomas still alive? If yes, does he still teach hitting?

Advertisement
Back