Ruiz - Please Help Baseball

Agree. Seems to me we select kids from showcases based on exit velo and mph on a radar gun. Have JD and DiMare actually watched these kids play in multiple games?? We need baseball players not showcase guys.
This has been my stance for several years across multiple screen names. We recruit showcase players. The kids have talent, no doubt, but it’s showcase talent. They hit BP off a coach throwing 70 mph and it looks great when it goes 375 feet.

But as soon as they are faced with a smart pitcher with command of three pitches, they don’t know what to do.

Look at baseball in Florida. Not a single mid-major got in. And if UF loses, the state is shut out of the Supers. Last year the only one who made it out was USF. There is something wrong with amateur baseball in the state. Travel ball is not teaching the game.

Advertisement
This has been my stance for several years across multiple screen names. We recruit showcase players. The kids have talent, no doubt, but it’s showcase talent. They hit BP off a coach throwing 70 mph and it looks great when it goes 375 feet.

But as soon as they are faced with a smart pitcher with command of three pitches, they don’t know what to do.

Look at baseball in Florida. Not a single mid-major got in. And if UF loses, the state is shut out of the Supers. Last year the only one who made it out was USF. There is something wrong with amateur baseball in the state. Travel ball is not teaching the game.
You’ve hammered this point for years jagr while I have agreed with you from beginning. Of course the usual suspects always push back on the stance but yet again here we are in the same position talking about the same old incompetence. I look forward to the one guy that pops in here yearly on new usernames only to get banned after a couple of weeks to tell us how wrong we are at the beginning of year again! Like clock work rinse and repeat

We don't have the staff to develop them to the next level and call the game to exploit the skills.

Time to start recruiting kids across the Midwest and SEC country that can actually hit a baseball. We’ve got guys that somehow have gamed the system and become highly rated prospects. They can’t actually play the game
This times 1000000000!!!

I said it all season long…. Every game I watched I found myself wishing we had the lineup of the opposing team. Much better approaches. Better contact. Better power hitters. Outside of Kayfus and YoYo when he decides to play, this team is full of “showcase/camp” guys.

Go get baseball players! Guys that understand what a hitters count is and what to do with it for example. Or simple situational hitting. I could go on and on but this version of Canes baseball is the most illiterate I’ve seen yet in all my years! Just zero baseball IQ. Enough of the “Miami, bro!”

Advertisement
Watched my first games in ages this weekend. WTF?! Why did I spend so many hours wasting my time like I did? DiMare is just waiting at third base to slap hands w/ the next HR hitter. Bottom third of the line-up sub .300 college hitters uppercutting at everything like they're the next Sosa or McGwire minus the roids.

Smh.

Gino is the staff change. Number one rule. Never hire a coach from a failed regime. We’ve done that twice in football with **** results.

Radio
Sylvester The Cat

Dino should have never been hired when Morris retired. Someone should shoot Blake James in his *******.

I didn't mind Gino getting his shot and I wouldn't call the Morris regime "failed" when he won two national titles, left one on the field and had Miami in Omaha often.

The issue was Gino getting hired in 2019 instead of 2013 and Blake James keeping Morris around well passed his expiration date.
Once Miami got their asses handed to them in the 2012 regional, by Stony Brook and Missouri State, that should've been the end of Jim. Gino should've taken over the following season.

James let Morris stick around because the old guy—with the ex-wife, new wife and young son—needed alimony money. Morris was mailing it in by that point.

The clock is absolutely ticking on DiMare. Really hope the extension that Radakoich is discussing isn't long-term, as Miami doesn't need to get locked up with this guy. Two-year deal to see what next few seasons look like—not a minute more—with the hopes that Ruiz and some NIL money help deliver more talent (while DiMare shakes up his staff a bit.)

Advertisement
I didn't mind Gino getting his shot and I wouldn't call the Morris regime "failed" when he won two national titles, left one on the field and had Miami in Omaha often.

The issue was Gino getting hired in 2019 instead of 2013 and Blake James keeping Morris around well passed his expiration date.
Once Miami got their asses handed to them in the 2012 regional, by Stony Brook and Missouri State, that should've been the end of Jim. Gino should've taken over the following season.

James let Morris stick around because the old guy—with the ex-wife, new wife and young son—needed alimony money. Morris was mailing it in by that point.

The clock is absolutely ticking on DiMare. Really hope the extension that Radakoich is discussing isn't long-term, as Miami doesn't need to get locked up with this guy. Two-year deal to see what next few seasons look like—not a minute more—with the hopes that Ruiz and some NIL money help deliver more talent (while DiMare shakes up his staff a bit.)

By the time Morris left it was a failed regime and DiMare was on it. No reason he should be been kept. The whole staff should have been let go outside of maybe JD. Our pitching has been decent with the talent we've brought in or should I say lack there of. We've had to play small ball for almost a decade it seems because our hitting as a whole has been sh*tty.

Advertisement
Back