Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
I hope so.

But Bam Srooks had a bazillion sacks in HS and stunk out loud here. I think there are legitimate questions about Bain and they are the reason that his production doesn't match his ranking. Of course it could all be moot and he could be a flat-out monster in college and we can all laugh at the fact that he wasn't a Top 50 kid in 3-4 years, but I don't think he's a slam-dunk prospect just because of his size. I'm not sure where his best position truly will be, so if I were ranking these kids, that'd give me some pause. But it hasn't mattered thus far, because he's completely dominated high school competition, obviously. If he picks Miami, let's hope that translates.
His production is massive, I’ve seen players like this all the time, he’s a Dwight Freny type of player a little undersized (and it’s crazy that 6’2” is undersized for a DL now days) I think his production will transfer to college

We all expected to get home but this is most undoubtedly great news to start the day. Kids going to be a beast here

I hope so.

But Bam Srooks had a bazillion sacks in HS and stunk out loud here. I think there are legitimate questions about Bain and they are the reason that his production doesn't match his ranking. Of course it could all be moot and he could be a flat-out monster in college and we can all laugh at the fact that he wasn't a Top 50 kid in 3-4 years, but I don't think he's a slam-dunk prospect just because of his size. I'm not sure where his best position truly will be, so if I were ranking these kids, that'd give me some pause. But it hasn't mattered thus far, because he's completely dominated high school competition, obviously. If he picks Miami, let's hope that translates.
Brooks was ruined by injury not ability. But basing Bains potential production on his high school tape is a dangerous game for sure.

More likely a very high floor without the highest of ceilings. But with his production and pedigree I’m not doubting this kid. He’s our biggest impact guy.

I am curious though… did Bama not end up giving him the green light? Move on when he didn’t jump on board? Or get told to kick rocks because he was always a CANE.

Advertisement
Are people still crapping their g-strings in here?

Episode 4 Pooping GIF by South Park

I hope so.

I never saw Sam Brooks in HS do what Bain did in the beginning of this year to an OL that probably has all P5 level players on it in IMG. It was a "Willie Williams 2004 state title game/Nate Webster 1995 vs Plantation in the Regional Finals" level performance. Dominant. Im talking "Warren Sapp 1994 Nebraska Orange Bowl" game level dominance at the LOS.

Who gives af what On3 and their SEC Stench has to say....just for those azzwipes to put FSU in the equation is ludicrous...
As to FSU, the article on Canesport/On3 said “The four-star prospect, according to the On3 Consensus, says he is focused on two programs ahead of the decision, with the pair being Florida State and Miami.” Should I just have overlooked that and not added it to my post? Maybe it’s misdirection on his part, maybe it’s not. Doesn’t read like the inclusion of FSU was editorializing on the part of the author but rather something Bain said.

Advertisement
As to FSU, the article on Canesport/On3 said “The four-star prospect, according to the On3 Consensus, says he is focused on two programs ahead of the decision, with the pair being Florida State and Miami.” Should I just have overlooked that and not added it to my post? Maybe it’s misdirection on his part, maybe it’s not. Doesn’t read like the inclusion of FSU was editorializing on the part of the author but rather something Bain said.
Again....I don't care what One3's article said.....it absolutely is misdirection...and soon enough you'll see it is.

so for my local experts, what makes bain different than these other dade tweener types that always have huge sack numbers and get stuck in college failing at LB

Reactions: JMG
Advertisement
so for my local experts, what makes bain different than these other dade tweener types that always have huge sack numbers and get stuck in college failing at LB
Not an expert but for 1 I would say Bain at 6’2 250 is big enough to start as a DE right now in our system and doesn’t have to be moved to LB to get on the field. Most of those other “tweeners” were at most 6’1 195 coming out. He’s also shown an ability to line up as an OLB in a 3-4 type defense

Advertisement
I never saw Sam Brooks in HS do what Bain did in the beginning of this year to an OL that probably has all P5 level players on it in IMG. It was a "Willie Williams 2004 state title game/Nate Webster 1995 vs Plantation in the Regional Finals" level performance. Dominant. Im talking "Warren Sapp 1994 Nebraska Orange Bowl" game level dominance at the LOS.
Rusty Medearis 1st start as a Freshman with 5 1/2 Sacks vs Texas Tech....Medearis with 4 Sacks vs a Great Nebraska OL in 92....at 6'3 250lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back