Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It really is crazy they have him ranked consensus as the #83 prospect. I get some is translation to next level and at 6’2 250 he may be DE or DT but come on. What does he have? 50 sacks the last two seasons in 6A football? And a dominant performance against IMG littered with an OL all going to elite teams lol

Advertisement
Both Auburn and Louisville were major contenders to potentially land Bain; however, recent coaching changes at both schools (Hugh Freeze becoming the head coach of Auburn and Scott Satterfield leaving to become the head coach at Cincinnati) may have put both programs on the outside looking in for the chance to sign the South Florida native.

“A lot,” Bain said when asked how much the coaching changes would factor into his decision. “With Auburn, I’m still waiting to hear from Coach Freeze. I spoke with the new defensive line coach. With Louisville, that coaching change just happened. With the head man leaving, you never know what the new staff may do with the staff that’s there. They might follow them or get relieved or anything of that nature.”

“My relationship with coach Cristobal is the most genuine,” he said. “It feels like he’s my only recruiter and my position coach. He reaches out to me on a personal level, not just via mass group text, or I have to call this person to get in contact with him. I have his phone number, and he has mine, so it’s not too much of a hassle. That’s important because it shows that he really wants me.”

Cristobal’s message to Bain has been clear: He wants the 6-foot-2, 250-pounder to be the guy in Coral Gables.

Both Auburn and Louisville were major contenders to potentially land Bain; however, recent coaching changes at both schools (Hugh Freeze becoming the head coach of Auburn and Scott Satterfield leaving to become the head coach at Cincinnati) may have put both programs on the outside looking in for the chance to sign the South Florida native.

“A lot,” Bain said when asked how much the coaching changes would factor into his decision. “With Auburn, I’m still waiting to hear from Coach Freeze. I spoke with the new defensive line coach. With Louisville, that coaching change just happened. With the head man leaving, you never know what the new staff may do with the staff that’s there. They might follow them or get relieved or anything of that nature.”

“My relationship with coach Cristobal is the most genuine,” he said. “It feels like he’s my only recruiter and my position coach. He reaches out to me on a personal level, not just via mass group text, or I have to call this person to get in contact with him. I have his phone number, and he has mine, so it’s not too much of a hassle. That’s important because it shows that he really wants me.”

Cristobal’s message to Bain has been clear: He wants the 6-foot-2, 250-pounder to be the guy in Coral Gables.
Who would've thought??....Lol...People need to relax... I've tried telling you all.

Advertisement
Bain is gonna have 35 career sacks and we will go back and ask how the **** he was rated lower than top 40 lol

I hope so.

But Bam Srooks had a bazillion sacks in HS and stunk out loud here. I think there are legitimate questions about Bain and they are the reason that his production doesn't match his ranking. Of course it could all be moot and he could be a flat-out monster in college and we can all laugh at the fact that he wasn't a Top 50 kid in 3-4 years, but I don't think he's a slam-dunk prospect just because of his size. I'm not sure where his best position truly will be, so if I were ranking these kids, that'd give me some pause. But it hasn't mattered thus far, because he's completely dominated high school competition, obviously. If he picks Miami, let's hope that translates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back