Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Believe none of what you hear and 10% of what you see.
Im So Scared Gene Wilder GIF

Advertisement
I've been of the opinion for a while that this was the Chad Thomas recruitment all over again and he's essentially been a silent this entire time. That said, landing Wayne, Collins and potentially Etta is a good look regardless (he could see it as strong competition and it cushions the blow of him not coming if he does decide to go somewhere else).

Advertisement
Ok, tell me what about his physical dimensions and athletic profile makes him a tweener?
He’s around 6’1/6’1 1/2 and he doesn’t have the longest arms. He’s got good but not elite athleticism and is going to have to win on effort and hand usage in college because he’s not going to out athlete anybody or be able to use length on the edge or out muscle somebody on the inside.

He’ll probably play at 6’1/6’2 265-270. He’s a tweener if there ever was one.

His comp would be Mesidor who does exactly what I just said.

Advertisement
He’s around 6’1/6’1 1/2 and he doesn’t have the longest arms. He’s got good but not elite athleticism and is going to have to win on effort and hand usage in college because he’s not going to out athlete anybody or be able to use length on the edge or out muscle somebody on the inside.

He’ll probably play at 6’1/6’2 265-270. He’s a tweener if there ever was one.

His comp would be Mesidor who does exactly what I just said.

+He’s closer to 6’3 than he is 6’1 and he’s currently 250lbs solid. He’s got the frame to get to 265, but any more than that and it’ll impact is athleticism.
+His wingspan, if I’m not mistaken is 6’5. Looking for (the camp data)
+Very explosive first step, and has a great 10yd split.

I’d hope his comp is Mesidor, which is an all-conference defender. He’s got a better first step and longer arms than Mesidor who will be an NFL player.

+He’s closer to 6’3 than he is 6’1 and he’s currently 250lbs solid. He’s got the frame to get to 265, but any more than that and it’ll impact is athleticism.

I’d hope his comp is Mesidor, which is an all-conference defender. He’s got a better first step and longer arms than Mesidor who will be an NFL player.
i thought Bain was insistent on playing inside? or did i misread that?

Advertisement

He's a better athlete than he gets credit for. The only knock on him right now is he doesn't look shredded like Aaron Donald lol.

Advertisement
Bain wants to play outside, and he absolutely can play outside.

He’s also open to moving inside on passing downs.

He just doesn’t want to play inside the majority of the snaps. I don’t blame him either since he doesn’t have the frame for it.
i agree with you from what i've seen.. i just thought for some reason he wanted to play inside..

he'd be a terror inside on passing downs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back