Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
To this point more than 1 insider here has reiterated Miami as the pick here so unless otherwise noted by any & all of them no real reason to think otherwise
I was going by his comments. I know insiders are saying still canes but theyre also saying its not a lock by any means and it will be a battle.

Advertisement
I was going by his comments. I know insiders are saying still canes but theyre also saying its not a lock by any means and it will be a battle.
Anything can happen no doubt but Bain has remained consistent in his moves/behavior from day 1. But it's definitely closing time now. No more games, no more stalling, just business time.

dont think bag matters. it appears at least to us publicly, the coach matters here I guess esp the relationship w certain coaches I guess.
That's the thing if relationships with coaches matter Auburn doesn't know who will actually being coaching he as far as coordinator and d-line coach

Anything can happen no doubt but Bain has remained consistent in his moves/behavior from day 1. But it's definitely closing time now. No more games, no more stalling, just business time.
Exactly with one month out from signing day time to close

Shodell spoke to his father. Very interesting interview....

Highlights:

Bain took June official visits to ‘Bama, Auburn and Oklahoma and has a Louisville trip set up for the weekend before signing day.

“We actually don’t know if we will take more visits,” Rueben, Sr. said.

Dad adds that the family would like to take an official visit to Miami, but with the high school playoffs ongoing it remains up in the air whether that will happen.

“Whatever school he feels is the best system for him to go into, the best place for him to be is where he’ll be,” Rueben, Sr. said.

As for if Miami’s rough season hurts the Canes’ chances, dad says, “Well I don’t know if he wants to be part of a rebuilding or continue to build (at a program that’s performing well this year). But Miami’s still there, the players believe, have to believe in the system.”

Rueben, Sr. also has had some personal conversations with Canes coach Mario Cristobal.

“He’s a good guy, good coach,” dad said. “He’s trying to get the program back to what it used to be or better.”

Advertisement
I don’t blame this young man one bit if he goes elsewhere. But this would be up there for me as one of the worst recruiting losses I’ve witnessed dating back to grassy days. Brother on staff, Hurricane legacy, HS HC on staff, middle name Hurricane. It doesn’t get much worse than that 🤣

Last edited:
I don’t blame this young man one bit if he goes elsewhere. But this would be up there for me as one of the he worst recruiting losses I’ve witnessed dating back to grassy days. Brother on staff, Hurricane legacy, HS HC on staff, middle name Hurricane. It doesn’t get much worse than that 🤣
I don't consider it a loss. Cannot hold it against the brother; presumably he offers something as a staff member other than his connection to Rueben.

IDK what is going to happen but I've never felt he really wanted to be at Miami. He's in a tough spot; visited enough to keep the fans quiet but basically let himself be recruited by schools he had interest in. He's giving Louisville the last OV ahead of Miami.....

Advertisement
I know everyone says not to read too much into these kids comments these days but it really sounds like he does not want to be here. Hope we pull him obviously but the confidence seems to be waning with each passing interview.

Advertisement
I know everyone says not to read too much into these kids comments these days but it really sounds like he does not want to be here. Hope we pull him obviously but the confidence seems to be waning with each passing interview.
A lot of these are savvy af with these interviews and play the recruiting services like fiddles. Never trust the word of a recruit, it's like trusting the word of a stripper, its meaningless.

Advertisement
Shodell spoke to his father. Very interesting interview....

Highlights:

Bain took June official visits to ‘Bama, Auburn and Oklahoma and has a Louisville trip set up for the weekend before signing day.

“We actually don’t know if we will take more visits,” Rueben, Sr. said.

Dad adds that the family would like to take an official visit to Miami, but with the high school playoffs ongoing it remains up in the air whether that will happen.

“Whatever school he feels is the best system for him to go into, the best place for him to be is where he’ll be,” Rueben, Sr. said.

As for if Miami’s rough season hurts the Canes’ chances, dad says, “Well I don’t know if he wants to be part of a rebuilding or continue to build (at a program that’s performing well this year). But Miami’s still there, the players believe, have to believe in the system.”

Rueben, Sr. also has had some personal conversations with Canes coach Mario Cristobal.

“He’s a good guy, good coach,” dad said. “He’s trying to get the program back to what it used to be or better.”

makes no sense.

other than Alibaga, the others he mentioned are all rebuilding, and Auburn doesn't have a coach, and OK and LOU could lose theirs by the end of the season.

bunch of horsesh*t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back