Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
If y’all ever wondered why kids go to the SEC or would want to visit auburn just turn on their game. They just fired their coach and they are 3-6 yet their stadium is packed and jumping.

Mario has to find a way to overcome what Miami doesn’t have and that’s legit interest and fans that show up EVERY week!
You guys act like this is a new phenomenon.
These small college towns consistently pack the house and they’ve been doing it for years and if it wasn’t for some dude stealing a laptop auburn would have how many nattys?

Nebraska has been sold out since the 70’s and how close are they to winning anything.
It’s just more negative recruiting from the other teams and fans that appear to have no concept of Miami’s history.

Last edited:
These small college towns consistently pack the house and they’ve been doing it for years and if it wasn’t for some dude stealing a laptop auburn would have how many nattys?

Nebraska has been sold out since the 70’s and how close are they to winning anything.
It’s just more negative recruiting from the other teams and fans that appear to have no concern of Miami’s history.
What from Beast’s post indicates that he thinks this is a new phenomenon?

What from Beast’s post indicates that he thinks this is a new phenomenon?
That kids are aren’t committing to Miami and prefer sec because of a packed stadium and the atmosphere of a game against a crappy opponent or because they pack the stadium even when they suck.

Miami will never sell out against a g5 team or when we suck.

Unless it’s a Cincinnati type of situation when a non p5 opponent is ranked, it will never happen.

Even if we’re 9-0 and ranked Miami isn’t gonna sell out against Stetson.

Advertisement
That kids are aren’t committing to Miami and prefer sec because of a packed stadium and the atmosphere of a game against a crappy opponent or because they pack the stadium even when they suck.

Miami will never sell out against a g5 team or when we suck.

Unless it’s a Cincinnati type of situation when a non p5 opponent is ranked, it will never happen.

Even if we’re 9-0 and ranked Miami isn’t gonna sell out against Stetson.
Too many things to do in Miami for casual fans to watch a guaranteed win.

If y’all ever wondered why kids go to the SEC or would want to visit auburn just turn on their game. They just fired their coach and they are 3-6 yet their stadium is packed and jumping.

Mario has to find a way to overcome what Miami doesn’t have and that’s legit interest and fans that show up EVERY week!

WTF else is there to do in Auburn ALbama....**** the whole state of Alabama. ***king huge state schools with huge student population that it is the states saturday lone event yea...i expect it to be packed an jumping if not they ***uld be in the parking lot of the piggly wiggly chugging beers.

Its like every week we have to tell ppl the same stuff. Kids get paid to go to Auburn.

South Florida High School Football is the best in the nation rather easily.....and our kids grow up playing in front of 300- 1k crowds weekly...they arent going to SEC for crowd participation.

Its the sh*t the SEC slurpers, hicks, and ESPN thatsells it....it just means more bs...mfers starting to sound like UF fans talking about crowd attendance.

Advertisement

It’s just more negative recruiting from the other teams and fans that appear to have no concept of Miami’s history.

Just pointing out how a kid like Bain could want to be at a place like this instead of Miami for those that still question why Miami kids leave Miami to play in the sec.

Advertisement
I get the gameday scene and the gameday atmospheres.

I attend some Clemson games, my wife is a grad. Family is season ticket holders. The entire Saturday is focused on the game and tailgating. My friends will get there at 8 AM, and leave at 9PM. It’s like the main event 7 Saturdays in the fall for home games. There is nothing from an entertainment aspect that tops those 7 game days, by far the biggest show in a 2 hour radius of the college town.

Here is the thing. Those atmospheres are 7 days out of 365. The other 350 plus days you aren’t playing football there isn’t much to do. I’ve known several former Clemson players talk about how boring it is. They would drive to Charlotte or Atlanta on weekends.

So both aspects in play. You have to decide what you want.

Other thing is if Miami is winning, you will get enough charged atmospheres at home. In 2017 Miami had 3 really good atmospheres at home. VT, ND, and UVA was 60K and loud environment. So if you are elite recruit, you help Miami get great, and then the home atmospheres will be better as a result. Later start games, etc…

Next year Miami gets Texas A&M and Clemson at home. With an off-season of hope built up these should be big atmospheres.

Last edited:
I get the gameday scene and the gameday atmospheres.

I attend some Clemson games, my wife is a grad. Family is season ticket holders. The entire Saturday is focused on the game and tailgating. My friends will get there at 8 AM, and leave at 9PM. It’s like the main event 7 Saturdays in the fall for home games. There is nothing from an entertainment aspect that tops those 7 game days, by far the biggest show in a 2 hour radius of the college town.

Here is the thing. Those atmospheres are 7 days out of 365. The other 350 plus days you aren’t playing football there isn’t much to do. I’ve known several former Clemson players talk about how boring it is. They would drive to Charlotte or Atlanta on weekends.

So both aspects in play. You have to decide what you want.
Always argued this has to be the most aggressive sell.

Elite prospects get 6-7 home games per year x 3 years. Max 21 days out of your 1000+ days in college if you stay three years. Of those 21 games, 6 or so will be crap games that won’t matter. So 15 days out of 1,000+ you better LOVE that small *** town. And with NIL and the elite kids making six figures plus every year, the Oaks Mall in Gainesville and Steve Spurrier grill don’t hit the same way after a few visits haha

Ferman posted this excerpt from an interview Bain gave Bama ON3 site:

“I’d definitely say attitude,” Bain said of what he believes needs to be changed at Miami. “Attitude can take you a long way. I feel like in that locker room, there aren’t guys who are trying to get there and play football. That just comes from most people not being from South Florida and Miami in general. It’s just a difference of people that have an attitude and want to win. Got to weed all that out, get people who are not meant for that out of the program, and get the right guys in.”
Ehhh, that’s a pretty low IQ answer. Sounds like something Nesta would have said.

Advertisement
Always argued this has to be the most aggressive sell.

Elite prospects get 6-7 home games per year x 3 years. Max 21 days out of your 1000+ days in college if you stay three years. Of those 21 games, 6 or so will be crap games that won’t matter. So 15 days out of 1,000+ you better LOVE that small *** town. And with NIL and the elite kids making six figures plus every year, the Oaks Mall in Gainesville and Steve Spurrier grill don’t hit the same way after a few visits haha
different strokes different folks. 18-22 year olds have a ton of fun in a college town (as much fun as they would in a bigger city). they know everyone, the entire town is filled w people from your school, and theyre worshipped being the BMOCs. also some kids want to get away from home. hes from miami. hes seen everything the city has. maybe he wants something different? the point of this is that we bring up this argument all the time and are shocked when kids choose these small towns over a bigger city. college towns are fun for college kids lol.

some are just pretty bad college towns but others are fun (take Knoxville, Athens, tech Austin, etc.).

different strokes different folks. 18-22 year olds have a ton of fun in a college town (as much fun as they would in a bigger city). they know everyone, the entire town is filled w people from your school, and theyre worshipped being the BMOCs. also some kids want to get away from home. hes from miami. hes seen everything the city has. maybe he wants something different? the point of this is that we bring up this argument all the time and are shocked when kids choose these small towns over a bigger city. college towns are fun for college kids lol.

some are just pretty bad college towns but others are fun (take Knoxville, Athens, tech Austin, etc.).
I wouldn’t lump Austin in with the college towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back