Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Charlie strong has made Flagg serviceable. Under manny he was exposed

It’s laughable we got ppl questioning coaches who have been doing it for 30 years at the top of the college sport haha. They just can’t accept our players aren’t very good in some spots. I mean Bama got toasted by UT and Bama has the best coach of all time and 5 stars everywhere. Ppl think we are running out the tunnel with the 2001 squad every week. Just not very rational thinking for most ppl

Advertisement
I don’t know how this kid isn’t a 5 star. Seen him in person 3x and completely dominant. The name is familiar. Did his dad play here?

Measurable are factored into rankings, and he doesn’t have ideal measurables - just an elite football player.

His uncle is Tolbert Bain.
if he was prototype nfl d line size I don’t see how they couldn’t rate him one of the highest rated prospects ever on the d line. The production is unbelievable given the level of competition weekly

Last edited:
Advertisement
Measurable are factored into rankings, and he doesn’t have ideal measurables - just an elite football player.

His uncle is Tolbert Bain.
Agreed. If he was 6'3 285 he would be the #1 DL in the country. But he is dominant and you cant take that away from him. I only saw him once against IMG and didnt need to see anymore. Completely singlehandidly took over that game against basically a college level team. You have that type of performance against IMG and you have no critics. He shot up into the top 100 on most recruiting sites after that game.

Agreed. If he was 6'3 285 he would be the #1 DL in the country. But he is dominant and you cant take that away from him. I only saw him once against IMG and didnt need to see anymore. Completely singlehandidly took over that game against basically a college level team. You have that type of performance against IMG and you have no critics. He shot up into the top 100 on most recruiting sites after that game.
Yup I was there right behind his fam. They cheered a ton every time he made a play (they got to cheer a lot). Imo he has such a high floor it’s crazy.

if he was prototype nfl d line size I don’t see how they couldn’t rate him one of the highest rated prospects ever on the d line. The production is unbelievable given the level of competition weekly
Jason Taylor and Charles Hailey were supposed to be too light, Aaron Donald too short. If yoy can play at a high level, you're a take.

Advertisement
Auburn ON3 writers talked to Bain about his upcoming visit this weekend and his feelings on Auburn going forward:

Bain on Tuesday sat down with On3’s Joseph Hastings and went in-depth about his upcoming visit, his interest in Auburn, his relationships with Harsin and edge coach/area recruiter Roc Bellantoni and who he’d like to see as the Tigers’ new head coach.

“I want to see the attitude, especially with the coaching staff after what happened last week,” “I want to see how the players, the locker room and environment can bounce back. The atmosphere they have up there, I’ll get to experience it even more with my teammates. I want them to see the atmosphere for themselves and really enjoy their time up there and watch some good football.”

Bain admits that Auburn had some big momentum with him following the visit for the LSU game.

“1,000 percent,” “It was a good atmosphere, good football. They didn’t come out with a win that game, but I saw the errors and mistakes how they could’ve won, plays being made and guys getting hurt. Their top-2 pass rushers got hurt. I still saw the defense make plays, the atmosphere, the guys and all the camaraderie, great football, great city … everything was just right.”

Bain wasn’t surprised Harsin was fired. He understands the business-side of football. Still, he didn’t want it to happen. He says that Harsin was a big factor in his recruitment.

“It was crazy. I kind of knew it from doing my own research,” “I didn’t want it to happen or want to believe it, but being a realist, I knew it was going to happen. I kind of expected it sooner just because all the rowdiness I was hearing. But it’s a business, the business side.

“He played a great role in my recruitment,” “Not only was he a great head coach, but he was a great worker in general. He always believed in hard work and was very militant. I saw him as someone who could push me to the next level and make me a better man not only on the field, but off the field. He is a hard-nosed coach and that was something that I was really looking for.

“He loved me as a player and as a person. It’s a sad thing that happened. Watching him leave, it’s like ‘****, who’s going to be the next head coach? Are they going to feel the same way about me?.’ It’s a negative because that was a huge relationship (for me), but at the end of the day, I still have coaches like my position coach (Roc Bellantoni), so it’s not too big of a negative.”

“At the end of the day people want to win. If that’s not happening, they’re going to try and find a solution to it. It’s sad that it happened, but I’m going to control what I can control, do the research on my end and find what’s best for me.”

Bellantoni might be the biggest asset Auburn has working in its favor. The first-year Auburn assistant coached Bain’s brother at FAU. Bellantoni and Bain have a relationship that dates back several years.

“I’ve been knowing him since I was about 10 years old,” “Every time I went to one of my brother’s college games and he saw me, he always told me that I was going to play for him one day. Now I have the chance to live out that in reality. It’s kind of cool when I think about it. Having Coach Roc there is a huge, huge help.”

Bain acknowledges there is no guarantee Bellantoni or any of the coaches he knows at Auburn will be retained by the new head coach.

Bain was asked who he would like to see as the next coach at Auburn.
“If I had to name someone, it would be Lane Kiffin. He was (at FAU) for my brother in college. He already knows me. To be able to play for my brother’s coaches (Kiffin and Bellantoni), the same guys on staff, that would be a small-world kind of thing.”

So if we hired lane we’d land him. But hiring his family nah bro
it prolly doesn't help that Joe isnt a recruiter and were staring at 4-8 while lane turned over a ton of staff and roster pieces (including QB) and is 8-1 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back