Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
When he doesn't come hear... do not disparage the young man. You all see who the coaches are and you have to ask yourself will he actually develop here. Have any of the linebackers developed this year?
Listen Pro Wrestling GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

yeah hes on campus a lot too from what I heard out there.

enjoy the process. id do the same. id take every visit I had. id pick ASU, FSU, LSU, UNLV, Hawaii lol.
Wait you don’t like the amenities and ladies of Gainesville 🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
When he doesn't come hear... do not disparage the young man. You all see who the coaches are and you have to ask yourself will he actually develop here. Have any of the linebackers developed this year?
I’m not going to kill you because others will take care of that, BUT,
Our DLine is an obvious strength and LT and Harvey have clearly progressed and been developed by this staff. I won’t argue the same for Jackson, Mesidor or Agude, because they played elsewhere last year, but they are also playing very well. So yes our coaches develop Dline. if you have evidence to the contrary, please provide it.

Furthermore, if McClain, Mauigoa, Wayne, Rashada, Stafford and Jackson believe they will be developed by this staff, why should Bain feel differently?
Look, everyone gets to make their point but when you do be prepared to defend your position.

C'mon man!!! You think Charlie Strong can't develop LB's?

The D-Line coaches have both put players in the NFL. In fact, all the defensive coaches have put players in the NFL.

I hate when people make false statements to create the narrative they want.

The D-Line coaches have both put players in the NFL. In fact, all the defensive coaches have put players in the NFL.

You think Charlie Strong will be here next year as LB coach? I hope he remains on staff but I was shocked we got him to be LB coach and hope we can keep him around because families trust him and I trust him to develop kids at LB too.

I hope he likes it in Miami.

I’m not going to kill you because others will take care of that, BUT,
Our DLine is an obvious strength and LT and Harvey have clearly progressed and been developed by this staff. I won’t argue the same for Jackson, Mesidor or Agude, because they played elsewhere last year, but they are also playing very well. So yes our coaches develop Dline. if you have evidence to the contrary, please provide it.

Furthermore, if McClain, Mauigoa, Wayne, Rashada, Stafford and Jackson believe they will be developed by this staff, why should Bain feel differently?
Look, everyone gets to make their point but when you do be prepared to defend your position.
Plus Flagg has played a lot better. Physical limitations aside.

Advertisement
You think Charlie Strong will be here next year as LB coach? I hope he remains on staff but I was shocked we got him to be LB coach and hope we can keep him around because families trust him and I trust him to develop kids at LB too.

I hope he likes it in Miami.
I have to think the only way he stays is if the DC job opens up. Auburn wanted Steele before allegedly, maybe they will chase him again. Even in that scenario it is a short rental imo. Can't imagine he doesn't want to be back in the drivers seat himself soon.

I have to think the only way he stays is if the DC job opens up. Auburn wanted Steele before allegedly, maybe they will chase him again.
Mario took this job late as far as incoming coaches go. I'll be interested to see who he keeps around and who he lets go.

Idk how much of the poor discipline to put on the coaches and how much the players to be honest.

Our DBs have been cooked or forgotten their assignments a lot, our DEs continue to struggle with hacving discipline on the pass rush to contain the QB.

Defense this year has been better IMO than last year if you could remove the big plays but they've given up a lot of them. I know a new system takes time to install too so that is another consideration as well. I have been impressed with the rush defense though. Big improvements there so far

We won't even talk about the offense lol

Advertisement
Mario took this job late as far as incoming coaches go. I'll be interested to see who he keeps around and who he lets go.

Idk how much of the poor discipline to put on the coaches and how much the players to be honest.

Our DBs have been cooked or forgotten their assignments a lot, our DEs continue to struggle with hacving discipline on the pass rush to contain the QB.

Defense this year has been better IMO than last year if you could remove the big plays but they've given up a lot of them. I know a new system takes time to install too so that is another consideration as well. I have been impressed with the rush defense though. Big improvements there so far

We won't even talk about the offense lol
The Canes have a great and deep defensive line, and the DL deserves a lot of credit for stopping the run and rushing the passer. The Canes LBs are probably the least athletic starting LB group in the entire ACC, and it’s not close. Safeties have been good except on giving up a couple of big plays and the CBs have been average. The entire defense seems to be improving and they played very hard until the end in Charlottesville. That’s a positive for the defensive coaches.
still, our underclassmen are not there yet. Any draft eligible defensive player with any eligibility should return because they will not get drafted and still have room to develop.

Last edited:
The Canes have a great and deep defensive line, and the DL deserves a lot of credit for stopping the run and rushing the passer. The Canes LBs are probably the least athletic starting LB group in the entire ACC, and it’s not close. Safeties have been good except on giving up a couple of big plays and the CBs have been average. The entire defense seems to be improving and they plated hard until the end in Charlottesville. Any draft eligible defensive player with any eligibility should return because they will not get drafted and still have room to develop.
DL has been the strength of the team I agree. I’ve just been surprised with their difficulty containing the QB going back to week 1 that still pops up.

If there's one area that's looked really solid all year, it's DL. Really played well against UVA & seem to be developing very nicely as a group. Both the coaches & players deserve credit for the way the DL is progressing. As a recruit, I'd be excited about the progress our DL has made this year. It will be even better next year -- especially in terms of pass rushing -- with Moss & Kelly bigger & stronger, Wayne & others coming on board and a much greater understanding of the system by returning players. Leonard Taylor should be an absolute terror next year. This '23 Class is really special & absolutely can bring Miami back. We need every last stud possible (including Bain). He can be part of a magical class & a fearsome foursome on the DL.

Advertisement

I haven't seen Strong tweet in months... Just collecting a paycheck based on that alone.

The Canes have a great and deep defensive line, and the DL deserves a lot of credit for stopping the run and rushing the passer. The Canes LBs are probably the least athletic starting LB group in the entire ACC, and it’s not close. Safeties have been good except on giving up a couple of big plays and the CBs have been average. The entire defense seems to be improving and they plated hard until the end in Charlottesville. Any draft eligible defensive player with any eligibility should return because they will not get drafted and still have room to develop.
Let's slow down on great and deep DL. There's two DT's making plays, having impact and that's LT and DJ. Both are eligible to declare in 2023. Mesidor has been the man on the edge. Also eligible in 2023. There are dudes after the top three but yet to have proven their impact. DL has to be recruited every year just like OL. Load up on talent and bodies as they don't all pan out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back