Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
all the ball players come back to shoot hoops here. Amare used to. Kyrie did too. again, its bc of the city and not solely bc of the school. I misspoke earlier about the trainer name (David Alexander is the name - he was lebrons guy and he brought him over to miami when he came in 2010 and Alexander set up shot and never left. look at his IG and website, hes got nearly every major athlete out there). im not saying miami can't use it. we can and we do lol. im just saying it isnt a thing that UM provides a benefit bc its UM. its more so a city aided one which is fine (South Beach, Wynwood are city aided benefits lol).
Everyone knows it's because of the city but the school is in the city so it's still a benefit of the school. Not trying to be a **** but im not it sure what point you're trying to make.

Advertisement
Everyone knows it's because of the city but the school is in the city so it's still a benefit of the school. Not trying to be a **** but im not it sure what point you're trying to make.
I know he wasn't. I wasn't trying to be one to him either. I was just saying it isnt a new recruiting pitch thats all. we've always used that. it just doesn't mean as much is my point thats all. even in hoops where a ton of NBA players come to campus to shoot and practice in the offseason, it doesn't really impact recruiting imo thats all. Bama doesn't have NFL pros come back and train in Tuscaloosa (though they could say that the best ortho surgeon at one point is located in Floribama (Pensacola lol), but kids go there to develop and get to the league. thats all.

I can get behind the wanting to leave. That's not unique to football players. Our atmosphere is created based on our level of success, or conversely, lack there of. In all these towns "the event" of the weekend is going to the game because there is nothing else. In Miami you have to become the event. When you do that, through winning, guys become immortalized forever in this town.

You're worshipped at these schools while you're there draped in gear and walk around town but a majority of those fans don't know the players by name with the exception of the QB and maybe a handful of others. They go to see (insert name of big university in small town here) play football. We worship guys that are winning. There's a reason guys that were winners here are always coming back and end up living in the city. Other NFL guys that went to other schools workout at Miami all the time.

Just wanted to say that I agree with pretty much everything you said except for not knowing the players by name unless I'm incorrectly interpretating what you're saying.

Advertisement
I know I’m naturally a pessimist for most part, but really starting to believe the kid won’t be here.

Has nothing to do with this new UL visit. I just think we have been bad enough to justify the kid going elsewhere despite all the ties, JMO.

I know I’m naturally a pessimist for most part, but really starting to believe the kid won’t be here.

Has nothing to do with this new UL visit. I just think we have been bad enough to justify the kid going elsewhere despite all the ties, JMO.
Agreed

I’m beginning to question the young man’s judgement all together….

Miami-pure dumpster fire

Louisville- even bigger dumpster fire. Coach likely on way out

Auburn- one of the worst programs in sec currently. Coach likely on way out

FSU- looking competitive this year but dumpster fire for 4 years

Bama- has to be the pick at this point

@Ghandi doesn't sugarcoat anything and even he's saying we're not going to lose Bain... At least that was 2 weeks ago .. hopefully that's still true...

Advertisement
yeah hes on campus a lot too from what I heard out there.

enjoy the process. id do the same. id take every visit I had. id pick ASU, FSU, LSU, UNLV, Hawaii lol.
Don’t know about now, but in the 90’s Hawaii didn’t do OV’s to those in the Continental US.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When he doesn't come hear... do not disparage the young man. You all see who the coaches are and you have to ask yourself will he actually develop here. Have any of the linebackers developed this year?
If*, never count this staff out of any recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back