Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
if we put up our players with their trainers then yeah but if the pros are training in wynwood and then living it up on the beach midtown etc and our guys are still w mustachio in gables how does that help?
Just the fact that they can have private conversations and acquire knowledge and be around those guys is big. Plus it shows that the city is a place where pros want to be when they don't have to be where they work and that can be a recruiting pitch for us imo. Dak was there a couple months ago getting routes in with CeeDee Lamb, Zeke and a few others.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This continues to be hilariously baffling to me. As has been said here before, for Miami, we have to look like an NFL ready team, have former head coaches at every position, beat teams by 45+ including the National Title game, while simultaneously having the biggest NIL packages in the country.

But the coaching situation is irrelevant anywhere else. The most important factor in a kid's development is "irrelevant" at other places that aren't Miami.
It's maddening. But we as fans really need to go ahead and come to accept that this is the way it is.

we sell it as it is. It’s just not something um provides as a benefit lol. Guys will come here to train in offseasoms if fiu was the only school lol. They’re mostly not even on campus anymore and tend to work out w trainers (David Anderson is one that works w a ton of nba and nfl guys) at their own boxes
One time, back in 2001-02, I was in the Wellness Center and Raja Bell was in there working out on the basketball courts. Not even the Hecht, the Wellness Center. I think he was with the Sixers then; he was playing well. I asked him to sign something for me, and he was really cool about it. I'll be damned if I know where that thing is, though.

Advertisement
This continues to be hilariously baffling to me. As has been said here before, for Miami, we have to look like an NFL ready team, have former head coaches at every position, beat teams by 45+ including the National Title game, while simultaneously having the biggest NIL packages in the country.

But the coaching situation is irrelevant anywhere else. The most important factor in a kid's development is "irrelevant" at other places that aren't Miami.
Everything is irrelevant everywhere else. Here everything is a mfing problem!

Kids talk about winning and playing time and academics…. It’s all bs.
We have Louisville and auburn with coaching seats hot AF and poor records in the past few tears…..Yet they keep landing players.
But sofla is in “wait and see” with Mario.
It’s comical. Just say you don’t want to come here and stop wasting peoples time.
Not necessarily a Bain issue but sofla recruiting in general.

Advertisement
One time, back in 2001-02, I was in the Wellness Center and Raja Bell was in there working out on the basketball courts. Not even the Hecht, the Wellness Center. I think he was with the Sixers then; he was playing well. I asked him to sign something for me, and he was really cool about it. I'll be damned if I know where that thing is, though.
I saw Chipper Jones at the Wide World of Sports in Disney. It was during the summer but he was at the facility rehabbing. I didn't have anything for him to sign because I was there for my sister's softball tournament. Just happened by chance. I grabbed some paper towel from the bathroom and folded it up neatly. When he saw it, he looked at me and said "Well that's a first". A guy that was there gave me a card of his and he signed that too. Now I have the card and not the napkin. I hate when that happens!

Advertisement
we sell it as it is. It’s just not something um provides as a benefit lol. Guys will come here to train in offseasoms if fiu was the only school lol. They’re mostly not even on campus anymore and tend to work out w trainers (David Anderson is one that works w a ton of nba and nfl guys) at their own boxes
Glen Rice was always working out in the practice gym next to Hecht back around 2003/2004...

LMAOOOOO @ BEFORE NIL....

BIH AUBURN HAD NIL B4 NIL

Lol, Yeah. I didn’t want to state obvious. SEC has had a **** of network bag game for a while. That’s how they came to power. Lemonier got a corvette pretty soon after signing there. I was more meaning NIL giving us a more even chance with the bags or negating their advantage.

Last edited:
Glen Rice was always working out in the practice gym next to Hecht back around 2003/2004...
all the ball players come back to shoot hoops here. Amare used to. Kyrie did too. again, its bc of the city and not solely bc of the school. I misspoke earlier about the trainer name (David Alexander is the name - he was lebrons guy and he brought him over to miami when he came in 2010 and Alexander set up shot and never left. look at his IG and website, hes got nearly every major athlete out there). im not saying miami can't use it. we can and we do lol. im just saying it isnt a thing that UM provides a benefit bc its UM. its more so a city aided one which is fine (South Beach, Wynwood are city aided benefits lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back